Soyeon shares her feelings ahead of her first performance in Japan after 2 years and impending solo debut
Soyeon talked about her never-changing feelings as she heads towards her first performance in Japan in 2 years. “I was very happy about the news that I would be able to see all my Japanese fans again.”
She spoke about her state of mind when it was decided that she will stand on Japan’s stage after so long, and her personal episode of being in constant contact of Japanese culture despite not having any activities in Japan in a long time.
Q. Please talk about how you feel coming to Japan to perform after such a long time.
– I thought to myself, “finally!” I was really very happy about the news that I will be seeing my Japanese fans whom I’ve missed so much.
Q. In your recent comment video, you spoke very fluent Japanese, did you study Japanese even though you haven’t been in Japan for a long time?
– Yes, I’ve always been interested in it, even recently I’ve been watching Japanese dramas and variety shows and listening to Japanese songs.
Q. What kind of Japanese songs do you usually listen to?
– I listen to all kinds of Japanese songs! I like Shota Shimizu, and recently I like Kenshi Yonezu a lot too. If the opportunity arises, I would like to work together with them.
Q. Are there are any Japanese words that you’re fond of and would you please tell us why?
– These days I find the trendy words very fun! Things like, “yogemizawa! Agemizawa! (feeling elated)”.
Q. You also held a fan meeting in Korea back in August. How was it?
– Back then, I thought of it more as a commemoration for my 10th anniversary since my debut and a way to repay my fans rather than an official fan meeting! It was an arrangement for that occasion!
Q. What kind of things would you like to challenge as a soloist moving forward?
– Many of my fans have been waiting for me for a very long time. Of course I would like to try good music, but as long as I can greet my fans, anything is fine!
Q. It’s been a long time since you’ve been to Japan, but is there anything you would like to try on this occasion?
– I’ve actually been travelling to Japan quite frequently! Most of the time, it’s with my mother, so I haven’t been able to go to the popular places that young people go to…
Q. Please tell us the foods you must eat or the places you must visit when you come to Japan.
– It’s the egg sandwiches in Family Mart. I’ve tried all the egg sandwiches in all the convenience stores, but the ones in Family Mart are the best!
Q. Lastly, please leave a message to all your Japanese fans.
– I’ve really kept everyone waiting for a very long time… I’m very thankful, but I’m truly sorry. Going forward, I will do my absolute best, so you don’t have to wait anymore. However, in reality, I can’t achieve many of my ideas with just my strength alone. Even so, I will not give up and do my absolute best! Let’s spend a wonderful time together!