Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] the new MV, do you find it "racist"???

khloroos

the new MV yayaya is out there... in some discussion, there are people that said that in some way the new concept encourage people to think that native american tribe are "barbaric", and so called the MV racist...

i personally dont think so... but since im not an american (wich i assume knows better about this issue),

im not in the position to judge at all...

how bout you??? do you think so or not???

anyway id like to know your opinion whether your an american (native or not) or non-american...

(by the way sorry for the english)

<3<3<3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im non-american, i dun find it racist at all, whereas i find it really interesting n funny

Their outfits are awesome too

But a lot of ppl on yt n allkpop call it racist><, hello, it's juz a MV, why so serious, they've gone too far for sure

There're still some ppl say that they're native american n they dun find it racist, they even like it, really thankful to those

I love the mv a lot, actually i read near 1000 comments on allkpop n some of them juz ruined the moments

So i decided not to read anymore n juz love the mv as the way i like it

Hope this is not an obstacle on the way to no1 of this song, really like it!!!

NOT AT ALL.

Every time I saw comments like those I just feel like facepalming.

Seriously, that PV was so cute/funny and the concept was full of win. I'm American and I can't believe people are saying it's racist. When their favorite idol group does a similar concept theyd be like "OMG THIS IS SO NOT RACIST."

It's just full of double standards and it pisses me off so bad.

It'd definitely one of my favorite T-ara MVs. (IMO, nothing will beat igcboy)

• 3 weeks later...

I think praise/criticism of T-ARA's concept for Yayaya should be directed at Core Contents Media and/or E-tribe.

If E-tribed produced the song then presented to CCM, how else T-ARA could have done the song E-tribe produced without the 'Native American/Indian/Lost-Islander/Barbaric' concept? :(

If CCM came up with the concept first before asking E-tribe what type of song they want produced, then all praise/criticism of this song's concept should be directed at them.

In the end, it's just a matter of who came up with this concept first: The producers/songwriters (E-tribe) or their company (CCM). :(

I live in America but I don't find it racist I thought it was really cute anyways :D It's not like they are making fun of them or anything it's just a concept. I think it's not bad at all, I never really thought about it being racist actually and I still don't, but that's just my opinion. :) Love the song and T-ara :) T-ara Fighting~! :D

What's racists anyway? XD

Gosh.. if it's bad, I would say, NO IT'S NOT! Haha. <3

I'll be waiting for the answer. XD

Racist-

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

I find it a TAD racist, though. I mean they're stereotyping native americans. :/ But yeah, I ain't a native american..

I don't think they meant to imply anything bad about Native Americans in the vid, they are just dressing up for their new concept. The intention isn't to insult or stereotype anybody, but there is a degree of ignorance here as most people know that patting your hand over your mouth and doing that kind of 'war cry' thing is generally considered disrespectful and racist. (There is no proof that Native Americans ever even did that, it just ended up being the stereotype in films etc)

The outfits on their own maybe wouldn't have been so bad, but considering some of the dance moves and the kidnapping scenes I can see why some people might be offended by the video. >.<

It's not racist, but it could be construed as insensitive to the Native American culture. My boyfriend is Native American and he just shook his head when he saw it. You have to understand a lot of the stereotypical Native American imagery was created out of hatred and used as insults to show how 'savage' they were. That's why it can be seen as offensive. Spirit dances are common in the Native American culture, certain moves that they do are because it was taught through generation to generation as a special act, anyone who copies those moves aren't doing it out of respect they're doing it because it's 'cool'.

T-ara isn't to blame, they didn't do anything wrong and it's not racist, but if you don't understand why it could be offensive, then take the time to learn about the Native American culture so that you can give an informed answer in a discussion like this. To many people aren't willing to learn about why someone could be hurt by something, it's not 'politically correct' it's just being educated and courteous.

Their view is so vague. What are they refering to? there are a hell lot of countries with babaric tribes, why must it be America? Besides, what part of the MV was racist? Racism is described as discrimination to a particular Race/religion, if you say that their dancing/lyrics/whatever is showing how crazy they are i guess they dont understand the meaning of Native.

but on the other hand, some might get offended because of some scenes like kidnapping etc etc. Its purely for entertainment and in no way does it discriminate against any race/religion in purpose.