Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] the new MV, do you find it "racist"???

khloroos

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

If it was broadcasted in the States, i probably say it would be banned in like years later. I mean it's not racist, it's just a misunderstanding.

plus we can't get them wrong either, you know how some or most American people make fun of asians <3

i'm from America by the way.

the native's lost their land back in the day, so i don't think they would care as much, as long as they know that their tradition and culture was known by Asians from the other side of the world, i mean i would happy ahaha.

i dont think its racists.

it's all just a "tribal" image.

i dont think it speakes to native americans, because instead of being native americans, i see it more as a tribal character that could come from anywhere, any place, from some little village or island. like an old story book character or something.

• 3 months later...

Racism is really only bad when its racial derogatory. I'm not going to go into the fine tunes of the word racist, but I don't find a problem with the new Japanese MV. It was a fun concept to play around in, and if any native americans DO have a serious problem with this and voice it out, I'm sure CCM and/or T-ara will apologize and stop the reselling of this MV until further notice. So really, nothing to worry about.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am american(not from the US OF AMERICA) and didnt found it racist at all, the video didn't make sense to me but it's so cute that i don't mind it not making it.

the racist objections saying that it is on the native americans it's just idiotic made by people who like to be on the spotlight making controversy. just by wearing a feather on the hair and having tents for sleeping don't make them native americans.

• 1 month later...

It wasn't racist at all and I doubt T-ara, yet alone CCM, have some sort of racist agenda against Native Americans - they sure as hell didn't grow up in the US or had bad personal experience with actual Native Americans for starters. If they were racist, hell, then the background dancers should have been wearing Nazi uniforms complete with the swatstika armband.

If anything, the song itself was more of a waste of effort and time, considering it was unbearable to listen to

and received rather poor reception amongst the public and music critics in general. As much as I like T-ara,

it was one (if not, THE most) of their most disappointing songs - and rightfully so, further provided by the fact that YaYaYa did

awful in the music ranking charts.

Racist?. I think t's just a gross overreaction by some people trying to make a big thing about something that shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure that it was never intended to be offensive.

BUT, I agree with the poster above me who said that this song wasn't really one of the better ones that the girls have put out.

• 3 months later...