[POLL] Best Rapper

Celi

Best Rapper  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Eunjung
    • Hyomin
    • Hwayoung

Both Hyomin and Eunjung are good and show lots of potential. Definitely Hwayoung can hold her own. I won't be surprised if the rest of the members could rap as well. In fact, I would like to hear the rest of the members rap too. :D For fun, make a lyrical chain (Having a member continue rapping where the previous member's rap left off.) style with all of them, starting with either Hyomin or Eunjung. ^_^

For the poll, I'm unable to decide which one is better, because all of them are good, and I enjoy their rap deliveries. :)

Hwa's voice sounds edgier. But she often lost her breath when she rapped DBD, you can hear she breathed heavily, but Eunjung doesn't seem to have that problem. The issue is Eunjung has stamina but doesn't seem to have a good control of her voice, she sounds terrible in Baby Bye Bye. So I can't decide who is better.

Hwa's voice sounds edgier. But she often lost her breath when she rapped DBD, you can hear she breathed heavily, but Eunjung doesn't seem to have that problem. The issue is Eunjung has stamina but doesn't seem to have a good control of her voice, she sounds terrible in Baby Bye Bye. So I can't decide who is better.

That's understandable. Hwayoung projects more of herself when she raps when compared to the rest of the members rapping. Her style of rapping emphasis more on impact and intonation in the lyrics to flow easily with the background, giving it more depth, thus using more vocal energy than a simple rhyme. Given that Eunjung has more vocal training and developed since then, it doesn't surprise me that she could last beyond the 30 second range. 30 seconds is around Hwayoung's delivery on record so far, but I suspect she could go for much longer, and give a decent minute of verses. Eunjung has a more settled approach on her deliveries, and leans back more on the background, giving that comfortable audio appeal. Hyomin is around the same as Eunjung too, but has a bit more character to stand nicely poised when listening to her deliveries. Yeah, I still can't decide which member is better than the other still.

That's understandable. Hwayoung projects more of herself when she raps when compared to the rest of the members rapping. Her style of rapping emphasis more on impact and intonation in the lyrics to flow easily with the background, giving it more depth, thus using more vocal energy than a simple rhyme. Given that Eunjung has more vocal training and developed since then, it doesn't surprise me that she could last beyond the 30 second range. 30 seconds is around Hwayoung's delivery on record so far, but I suspect she could go for much longer, and give a decent minute of verses. Eunjung has a more settled approach on her deliveries, and leans back more on the background, giving that comfortable audio appeal. Hyomin is around the same as Eunjung too, but has a bit more character to stand nicely poised when listening to her deliveries. Yeah, I still can't decide which member is better than the other still.

Emperor, did you learn music or are you throwing words randomly?? :P As far as raping is concerned, I believe all of them are decent rappers while Eunjung and Hyomin is little better than Hwa' given that they were more trained than the latter. But definitely, Hwa' showed huge progress in her rap from YaYaYa to Day by Day. As Far as the poll is concerned, I am voting Jungiee coz she is my Love but If I have to be fair then all of them are equally talented and decent rappers more or less.. :)

Emperor, did you learn music or are you throwing words randomly?? :P As far as raping is concerned, I believe all of them are decent rappers while Eunjung and Hyomin is little better than Hwa' given that they were more trained than the latter. But definitely, Hwa' showed huge progress in her rap from YaYaYa to Day by Day. As Far as the poll is concerned, I am voting Jungiee coz she is my Love but If I have to be fair then all of them are equally talented and decent rappers more or less.. :)

Trust me, it's all education mixed with natural street learning. :D Yeah, Choir Classes certain didn't teach rap back in my school days, because it was, and still is, a youthful, off-the-books sort of thing, well, besides the dictionary of course. ^_^

Agreed, all of them are good rappers, and show lots of potential, and deliver passable lyrics to keep both the Hip Hop and Rap culture relevant and together in K-Pop. :)

Trust me, it's all education mixed with natural street learning. :D Yeah, Choir Classes certain didn't teach rap back in my school days, because it was, and still is, a youthful, off-the-books sort of thing, well, besides the dictionary of course. ^_^

Agreed, all of them are good rappers, and show lots of potential, and deliver passable lyrics to keep both the Hip Hop and Rap culture relevant and together in K-Pop. :)

LoL, education mixed with natural street learning ! haha, I dont have that brain to leaning things in such a way based on observation alone. Yeah, all of them are good and they can make people feel the emotions they have in their hearts through rap. Aish, JYP is coming into my mind after saying this sentence.. :)

LoL, education mixed with natural street learning ! haha, I dont have that brain to leaning things in such a way based on observation alone. Yeah, all of them are good and they can make people feel the emotions they have in their hearts through rap. Aish, JYP is coming into my mind after saying this sentence.. :)

Well, I think all of us are quite capable to learn something new, including the members, so long as they are able to. So I won't sell yourself short, considering how intelligent you are. :) Indeed, can't wait for T-ara's subunit to debut, but I still want to know the name of this sub-unit, among the type of rap style they'll be using for this new concept of theirs. I don't know if this will tip my balance into choosing which one is better. I doubt it will, but I'll have to see, I mean, listen. :D

Well, I think all of us are quite capable to learn something new, including the members, so long as they are able to. So I won't sell yourself short, considering how intelligent you are. :) Indeed, can't wait for T-ara's subunit to debut, but I still want to know the name of this sub-unit, among the type of rap style they'll be using for this new concept of theirs. I don't know if this will tip my balance into choosing which one is better. I doubt it will, but I'll have to see, I mean, listen. :D

Its 11th today, they said more details would be revealed on 12th including the Title song so I am waiting for D- day, tomorrow!! As much curious I'm about the name, I am more curious about the rap style. I want them to rap like TTL. EunMIn were awesome in TTL. Its their best till date, well according to me. Yeah, for the time being, I, too want to be on a safe side and wait but T-ara has always lived up to my expectation so I am exited to listen to them.. :D

Its 11th today, they said more details would be revealed on 12th including the Title song so I am waiting for D- day, tomorrow!! As much curious I'm about the name, I am more curious about the rap style. I want them to rap like TTL. EunMIn were awesome in TTL. Its their best till date, well according to me. Yeah, for the time being, I, too want to be on a safe side and wait but T-ara has always lived up to my expectation so I am exited to listen to them.. :D

I suspect the rap style won't be like previous ones, since they're going with a brand new producing approach with this unit. Granted, I enjoyed their previous ones, and won't mind an expansion to them, but I get the feeling they are going to do something quite different, considering this is a sub-unit with a Hip Hop concept. The amount of lyrics will definitely increase, which would mean a more developed character in each of their deliveries. The key to this will be the background they'll be playing on. I hope it all fits together. :)

Yeah, couldnt agree more. Hip-pop is definitely new to me when I link that with T-ara. Tara & HIP-POP :blink: They had some what like Hip-pop feel in Roly-Poly but that was their costume. Now that they are going all out with Hip-pop song,dance and rap, I have my doubts to some extent. And I am not worried about this promotion, but the feedback from General peoples. Given that they made it big with this Hip-pop song, they will have easy time promoting as a whole group in summer but if it's other way, then its nothing more than adding fuel in the fire. Anyway, we are fans and we should always be positive and support them. I want to go as far as to say they will have ALL-KILL but to remain on the safe, I believe they will do better than SL. :D

I'm not sure about how much Hip Hop they'll be infusing into their song and choreographing, one of many questions I have currently about on their concept, but it should prove interesting to see how well they do as a sub-unit. As for a group, I still would like to see and hear all of the members rap. :D

Note to Original Poster: Please add/update the members who've rapped so far when they do. :)

@Emperor

Imagining Soyeon+Qri+Boram's Rap :blink: LOL, I suddenly remember Boram had somewhat B-boying dance in T-ara's Pretty Boy!!

I love Boram's rap in TTL from the last years concert in Japan. Couldn't stop repeating it. Rapping fits her deeper voice although she doesn't have powerful delivery like Eunjung.

@Emperor

Since EJ+JY+HY+AR is making a sub unit and are gonna perform Hip-pop. I want SY+Qri+BR to make their own unit as well and do Hip-pop songs. LOL, I am imagining all sorts of things now.

@Danohio

Yeah, she rapped pretty decently considering the fact that she isnt a rapper. Her rap in TTL Jan. Remix Ver in Budokan Japan was good. Well, at the very least, it didnt seem like she was trying-hard to rap. LOL, if this sub-unit does well than KKS might give us the Hip-pop concept for the whole group CB in summer.

@ Eunjung4eva When I heard of T-ara Effct, first thing I thought - it will be something like Wanna Play, which will bring lots of rap lines. But since Dani is supposed to debut with T-ara I doubt that Boran will get any lines. Let alone Qri and Soyeon.

To add my comment on the topic, I never liked rap before I started listening T-ara last year. When I saw/heard Eunjung I immediately fell in love with her, T-ara and rap after all. Eunjung is absolutely the best rapper in T-ara for me. All about her was just awesome, her appearance, charisma, confidence, short hair style, just one pure talent and great entertainer. Rap just fits her boyish style.

Too bad that Hwa lost her position in T-ara, she improved a lot lately. Hyomin is great rapper too, I remember I couldn't stop replaying her part in TTL.

@danohio

To add my comment on the topic, I never liked rap before I started listening T-ara last year. When I saw/heard Eunjung I immediately fell in love with her, T-ara and rap after all. Eunjung is absolutely the best rapper in T-ara for me. All about her was just awesome, her appearance, charisma, confidence, short hair style, just one pure talent and great entertainer. Rap just fits her boyish style.

- Couldnt have said it better. I feel you,mate :). Jungiee is the reason why I took interest in T-ara and became a Queen's. When it comes to Jungiee "ALL I SEE IS YOU" :wub: She is just too awesome.

Too bad that Hwa lost her position in T-ara, she improved a lot lately. Hyomin is great rapper too, I remember I couldn't stop replaying her part in TTL.

- Yeah, its a pity. Though I accepted the name Queen's during the scandal but I still used to listen to T-ara even before scandal. She showed huge progress from YaYaYa to Day by Day. Personally, I liked her in "Why are you being like this" more than Day by Day. Hyomin's rap in TTL was just "WOW". To be honest, TTL is my first song that I heard from T-ara and its my personal Best as well..Coffee House Ost..

@Emperor

I won't mind having Qri, Soyeon, Boram and Dani in a sub-unit, doing their own thing too. :D

- This.

Hwayoung can return to the music scene/T-ara when she's ready. ^_^

-In an interview he revealed, "[Hwayoung, with her twin sister] Hyoyoung met with me for 30minutes and was saying things such as '[she's really] upset and [she's] sorry". That was the first time that I met her since her contract termination was announced. She's been very distressed at how everything have gone insanely out of control. Seeing her like that was also very painful for me," CEO Kim continued to say, "For the time being, T-ara will continue their promotional activities without Hwayoung. The T-ara members, just like Hwayoung are all victims in this situation. Having everything happen like this has brought pain to the children's (T-ara and Hwayoung's) hearts. Finally, Hwayoung and Hyoyoung also said that '[They will] be waiting'". CEO Kim Kwangsoo had a hard time calming down the situation, but now the reconcilation phase is here and attracting attention. Hwayoung met with Kim Kwangsoo at 10:30 PM KST after posting a heartfelt apology on her Twitter.

Well, I dont know how much of this is true but the highlighted part definitely gives some hope but I would still like to be on the safe side. I would be more then happy if Hwayoung rejoins. It would be good for both Hwayoung and T-ara's image but seeing how she went to other agencies leaves me with some doubts to some extent.

@Eunjung4eva

At times, I play with the thought about having D-Unit make a collaboration with T-ara, so we can have the Ram Sisters together on stage. ^_^ Can you imagine the both of them rapping together? :D

I still remember that. ^_^ Seeing that the agency that Hwayoung joined recently, is an acting company, I still have hopes that she'll come back to T-ara. :)

Haha, Boram and her sister rapping together, it would be epic. But expect TTL Jap Version I have never heard Boram rapping. Given that she had done decent job in TTL Jap Remix Version, I still have some doubts to some extents but definitely, foe once, I would love to see them perform together :)

Yeah, she tried to joined an agency and said they were in the middle of discussion but never heard anything after that. I just wish best for her. She lost many things.

@Eunjung4eva

Yeah, this poll needs to be updated, and include having an all option, or multiple choice option. :) Definitely hoping that there can be an all member rap song on their album.

I think she did signed with that acting agency, because I still remember an update about her commenting that she's progressing well in the acting aspect of her career. But definitely, she's holding up well. Proud of her. ^_^

@Emperor

Well, having Hip-pop/rap concept for the whole group is something impossible till date. If the group's image was somewhat like

2NE1 then it might have been possible but with Boram, Qri, Soyeon & Jiyeon's image, I dont think its possible. They are more like singer or dancer of the group. Rap & Hip-pop wont fit them. As for, Jungiee, Hyomin & Areum, they are the rapper so it somehow fits well with their image. Like I said, if this sub-unit does well, may be KKS might give us Hip-pop concept for whole group but I have huge doubt on the latter.

Yeah, they did say she is talking acting classes but never heard she is a part of any agency. May be, I must have missed it but as far as I remember, she hasnt joined any agency.

@Eunjung4eva

Yes, currently 2NE1 is the set example, but their not alone though, and certainly not the first to try, and it doesn't happen very often too, at least from what I can tell. It's true that we haven't seen a whole lot of Hip Hop and Rap concepts with their core characters in T-ara, but I think it's possible for the rest of these members to be able to grasp and project those very images and performances that the other members have already convened, and still carrying on. It's understandable that we've all gotten comfortable with the current status quo on their group parts and characteristics and roles, which then sort of falls into that whole compare and contrast between the past and present, and matching with other artists, in order to find a suitable interconnection to assist in creating a baseline image much more possible for our minds to accommodate. But, it really shouldn't prevent the chances to try new things every now and then for these members, in order to see if it could be worked out, or even improved upon. Who knows? Maybe they can pull such concepts off successfully. Plus, it would expand on their talents, knowledge, and entertainment skills.

Yeah, I don't recall reading about any contract signing with her and the acting agency either.