Diadem Forums

[10.12.18] T-ara gives frank answers for <Star OX>

*YANiPOPO*

gallery_3602_783_95253.jpg

Girl-group T-ara has recently cameback with another unique concept, an 'Indian Concept' for 'YaYaYa'. T-ara debuted last year with their song 'Good Person' and then with member-change, they came back as a 6-membered girl-group with 'Lies'.

This is the first time they will go through this and they have said enthusiastically 'This is our first time and I hope we can be very frank and honest. We will do well!"

Star OX is a quiz given to celebrities being interviewed, basically O = yes, X = no.

Question 1 - Do you think there's a generation gap between the members?

Answer: O

"T-ara members vary in age. Qri and Boram are 25, I'm 24, Eunjung is 23, Hyomin is 22, while Hwayoung and Jiyeon are 18. There are gaps between our ages so this is already expected."

Soyeon adds, "The music we listen to is very different. For example, I grew up liking H.O.T. While the younger ones like Eunjung and Hyomin likes DBSK."

Hyomin says, "There's a strength and stamina difference. The older ones seem to be tired faster while the younger ones can run around with lots of energy."

Question 2 - Are there any male celebrities who have approached you saying they're interested in you?

Sports Chosun: T-ara is at the peak of their popularity, both as groups and as soloists. It's no doubt many males like T-ara.

They explain: "We dont talk about those kind of stuff. But for me, I'm naturally tomboy-ish and I have alot of male celebrity friends. People often mistake it as us dating."

Question 3 - Have there been Seniors or Juniors that has acted nasty or unpleasant towards T-ara?

Soyeon says, "When we debuted, our girl-group friends were warning us about a Senior that didn't like us and was stern with us. Thanks to our friends, we were not surprised when that senior acted that way when we were there."

Question 4 - Was dieting the hardest part of your year?

Answer: X

Sports Chosun: T-ara watches what they eat but they dont restrict themselves. They still like eating hearty foods, along with some Chicken Breast and some salad.

Soyeon says, "It wasnt the hardest. It's just stressful when you mind everything that goes into your mouth. I have formed a habit where I weigh myself in every morning. It makes me feel accomplished when I see that I'm losing weight."

Hyomin has a different case, "Whenever we have to wear something that exposes our mid-area, I barely eat anything fattening. Even if you're skinny, your stomache might still pop out! As with the other members, I eat well too, but I can't eat before the broadcast starts. That was the hard part"

Question 5 - Do you feel that you need to step up more compared to other groups?

Sports Chosun: Because of their hit songs like 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' they never had the chance to truly showcase their vocal prowess. Their fun and laid back performances are what they're known for.

Hyomin, "People never really acknowledged us as the best singers. But during our own party, we said we will work hard and help one another. We know we will get good results if we do it."

Question 6 - Honestly speaking, has any of T-ara done plastic surgery?

Hyomin, "We won't reveal who has had work done and where, but we honestly say yes some of us had. The society has now become more focused on the looks rather than our talents. As multi-entertainers, we also need to look good. There's always that one part of us that feels we want to be prettier. Fixing a few things of your appearance is ok if it makes you happy and it doesn't make you greedy to get everything done."

~~~

Interview By: Lee Jeong Hyuk

Questions By: Sports Chosun

Translated By: *YANiPOPO* @tiaradiadem.com

I admire them even more for admitting they have had work done. Although I for one has always knew that my main girl Soyeon has obviously had work done. And as a fan i dont deny that, nor do i hate her for doing it. She's a girl who knows what she wants and how to go and get it. Whoever did her eyes is amazing cause it looks so well done.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question 3 - Have there been Seniors or Juniors that has acted nasty or unpleasant towards T-ara?

Soyeon says, "When we debuted, our girl-group friends were warning us about a Senior that didn't like us and was stern with us. Thanks to our friends, we were not surprised when that senior acted that way when we were there."

I wonder who's the senior, hmmm <3

i really love how frank these lovely girls have answered the questions, esp the SURGERY question. I don't know, but it seems it's the first time a girl group has directly answered that question. :)

It's true, artists have to look good. Because even if they sing so greatly, Kpop society won't appreciate every artists if talents are the only thing they have. sad but true ^^

T-ARA hwaiting! I love you guys...

I really don't think Soyeon is tomboyish, she is just mature. She talks and acts like a woman, not a girl. It is attractive because you feel like there would be very little drama or insecurity issues with her.

I really don't care if they got plastic surgery or not because they still look natural to me. How is it any different from changing your hair and teeth, which are so accepted? I think especially teeth, that is a major reworking that pretty much every celebrity gets and makes a big change of appearance, and yet nothing is said. I don't get the mixed principles about this sort of thing in the public attitude.

I actually like that they didn't deny that theyve had plastic surgery, because at least theyre not trying to deny and hide a fact.

I think theyre really talented anyways even if they arent recognized as much for their vocal talents, theyre good performers and i think they can sing <3

I like how honest and down-to-earth they are for this interview,

their answer for the plastic surgery question is really intelligent and good (:

And I also wonder who the senior is.....

I don't really care if they got plastic surgery because looks is everything now in the K-Pop industry,

If you don't have the looks, you're probably not going to survive for long. (which is sad,)

Wow, i wonder who that 'senior' is and which girl group(SNSD? Kara?) the informant is from. There's a high chance of them belonging to the same company i guess.

I've never been one to be bothered by celebrities going under the knife so this news doesn't change anything for me. Really appreciate their honesty though, they could easily have denied it.

Also, it's good to know that T-ara aren't skipping on food and starving themselves. It isn't healthy. <3

I'm happy that they all answered honestly and they admitted some of them did Plastic surgery, I don't really care if they did cause we will still like them no matter what right? Plus if they did it's not like a lot like they changed everything cause they still look the same from their predebut pics. ^_^ LOL Soyeon is tomboyish no wonder she has so many friends ;) Aw Poor Hyomin :( no wonder she ate more while on IY. I think that T-ara is really talented so I kinda felt sad when they answered that one question saying no one said that to them yet :(

Still love T-ara <3

Thanks for translating and sharing here. Fighting~! :D

Very honest, a rarity from an idol group! I have no problem with plastic surgery, the netizens are so stupid about it.. they'll be really horrible about any idol who doesn't look perfect, but then they'll also make nasty comments about idols that get work done in order to look perfect for those same fussy netizens? It makes no sense to me at all. As long as the girls are happy, that's all that matters, I couldn't care less. I just like them and their music <3 It's sad that that senior artist/group was unkind to them, I hope that they respect T-ara more after all that they have achieved!

WOOT?!!!

THEY ADMIT THE PLASTIC SURGERY?!

gosshh! they are amazing! I'm so proud of them.

while the other girl groups keep forcing their self as 'real beauty', Tiara admit that!

YOU GO GIRL!! XDD

I dont care with plastic surgery. I prefer to their personality ^^~

they have a really good personality & the most impt, they are honest!

I've also got no problem with T-ARA having had plastic surgery.

At least they are honest about it. =) Some people just outright lie, when they've obviously got work done.

And T-ARA are heaps talented for idol singers these days. ~~

It's just that CCM chooses to let them promote songs that don't enable them to show off their talents properly.

I noticed Hyomin's answers were picked the most as quotes. She has a way with words or is at least good at explaining honestly about things. At least they were as honest as they said they would try to be for as far as we as fans can tell. I really hope they they can show off their powerful voices better in the future.