Diadem Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathaniel

[11.01.21] Taiwanese girl group plagiarizes Brown Eyed Girls, 2NE1 and T-ara?

Taiwanese girl group plagiarizes Brown Eyed Girls, 2NE1 and T-ara?

20110121_1295619967_66255500_1.jpg

Taiwanese pop stars are suspected in plagiarizing Korean artists.

A Taiwanese female group called XOXO released their song and music video recently for 'Mocha Java.' This sparked interest because the video if similar to Brown Eyed Girls' 'Abracadabra' and 2NE1's 'Can't Nobody' and has given off the impression of plagiarism.

Part of the song also was considered to be plagiarized because of it's reminiscence to Brown Eyed Girls' 'Abracadabra' and 'Sign' and 2NE1's 'Can't Nobody.' The plagiarism and choreography and overall concept was also very similar to Brown Eyed Girls.

Previously, Lotus Wang, also a Taiwanese Singer made a remake of T-ara's 'Bo Peep Bo Peep.' XOXO's song is also very, very similar to T-ara's hit track and has raised many mixed opinions from fans on the situation.

Source: Nate

Written by: Im Youngjin

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

I've saw a chinese version of bo peep and its by them..? >.<

nowaday Cpop always do remake of Kpop song <3

cheography like abracadabra..? LOL wonder how they do that..? :D

OMGG >____< i'm really disappointed... seriously though, the effect at the beginning and tune is SO much like t-ara's...then, it's beat turns EXACTLY into BEG's abracadabra >____< even the lyrics in the chorus are wayyy to similar...

I can't even understand them, it sounds really autotuned -____-

hah..copy all u want XOXO.. u will never reach t-ara's fame.. anyway u cant copy eunjung and jiyeon for their high skills in acting... so buhbye XOXO.. u wont last long...

this news makes me want to hear to bo peep... :D<3

I hear BEG's Abracadabra and for some reason the song also makes me think of Shakira's She Wolf <3

Anyways I just find it weird how everyone's copying K-pop songs now... I mean can't they create their own songs without taking other peoples hard work.

Taiwanese girl group plagiarizes Brown Eyed Girls, 2NE1 and T-ara?? WOW!!

It means that Korean is now better than Taiwanese in the term of producing talented girl group which make people like to plagiarizes them (I think) ...It is great, right?? <3

I do not think it is too much of a problem? But for your info, if i am your fan, i would be disappointed. I have waited so long for your comeback/ new song or whatever, and its just a copy or remake from others? Tsk Tsk.

Listen to the chinese ver bo peep bo peep,And its super retarded..instead of bo peep,She change it to bless in chinese..it become an retarded songs..and i starting to hate some taiwanese songs..its like..almost a copy of some korean songs,just that it is in chinese language..find it retarded..cant they make their own..its like they hav not much ppl good in making music..

And i m a chinese.Hahahas!

Listen to the chinese ver bo peep bo peep,And its super retarded..instead of bo peep,She change it to bless in chinese..it become an retarded songs..and i starting to hate some taiwanese songs..its like..almost a copy of some korean songs,just that it is in chinese language..find it retarded..cant they make their own..its like they hav not much ppl good in making music..

And i m a chinese.Hahahas!

Totally agree with you <3

that means korean idols now are way much better even taiwanese idols also copy them

woho, bravo T-ara :P

but copy is still copy, that taiwanese idols would never be the same as original kpop idols

and that singer would never reach the standard that T-ara has reach now <3

i just don't like others to remake T-ara original song ^_^

okie no offense but how old is Lotus Wang ??? i mean she looked really old in the video and she is not cute like T-ara and the clothing are not so stylist i dunt like the "setting" of the video either <_< im probably gonna check out the Mocha Java thingy video now !!

well.. this only proves 1 thing.. the taiwanese pop are running out of ideas to grab the fanbase back to Taiwan.. since everyone is moving towards Kpop..

well well can not blame because T-ara BEG and 2NE1 too cool! VERY COOL!!

therefore they do plagiarism by copying their style LOLOL

no one could be like them because they have their own charm muehehehe~!!

This is so not good. Cpop is a win in their own styles. I mean why bother to plagiarize Kpop if they can top on their own. I mean ballads suit Cpop that well, the screen caps is so not them >.<

oh nooo. plagiarism is just a cheap method to become popular. i DO really HATE it so much. why can't they try to be creative and make it popular by themselves?