Diadem Forums

[11.01.27] CNN airs the Taiwanese version of "Bo Peep Bo Peep", controversies arise

nathaniel

CNN airs the Taiwanese version of "Bo Peep Bo Peep", controversies arise

PS11012700011.JPG

The U.S News channel CNN reported on the popular Taiwanese singer Lotus Wang (42)'s new song 'Bobee', but has been controversial amongst Korean fans.

CNN and MTV introduced Lotus Wang by mentioning how she has sold more than 100 million records and started a worldwide craze over YouTube with her latest song 'Bobee'. They also gave her high praises, comparing her to Beyonce.

However, after it aired, it appeared on various online bulletin boards and received many complaints from Korean fans on how 'Bobee' wasn't the original, and how they did not even mention T-ara's name.

In fact, Lotus Wang's 'Bobee' was a remake of T-ara's Bo Peep Bo Peep' and was reproduced with the permission of agency officials and the composer.

Netizens said, "They aired a parody instead", "It's a remake, right? It's not plagiarism?", "T-ara's music videos have much more hits on YouTube. They do not even know what they are reporting," and were very bitter.

Source: Nate

Written by: Baek Eunbyul

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe CNN doesn't really know about the origin of that Taiwanese "Bo Peep Bo Peep", it's normal for netizens to complain because yes, it's really annoyed when our favorite group like T-ARA isn't being mentioned meanwhile the one that's plagiarism is being praised highly..I really hate that!! >.<

Well atleast she got permission from the composer and agency, but kinda wish there was a mention that it was a remake of T-ara's song.

Seems like everyone like the BoPeep Tune haha. too bad it wasn't T-ara's version. but im sure, since the fans of T-ara that are making a fuss about it, it'll spread that the thai version isn't the original and T-ara will get recognition in another way.

T-ara Fighting.

I watch this "version" two weeks ago and i didnt like it much... the video is funny. its stupid they(CNN) say, "the music came from a popular Korean group..."

i was like, "That's it? Could have said there name...!" DAM AMERICANS!...... this is kinda upsetting...