Diadem Forums

[11.01.27] CNN airs the Taiwanese version of "Bo Peep Bo Peep", controversies arise

nathaniel

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I looked up some videos in youtube and guess what:

- Most viewed Bo Peep Bo Peep MV has: about 2.800.000 views

- Most viewed Bobee MV has: a little over 2.00.000 views

- An average BPBP MV should have more than 100.000 views

- An average Bobee MV should have about 12.000 views

Judging by the fact that Bobee was recently release, it did pretty well. however, i do think a lot of people watched it out of curiousity. Some thought that was a rip off from T-ara. Others, at least some I know, just watch it to see a 40+ woman wearing inappropriate clothings, dancing a weird dance as well as other random Chinese stuff she placed in there.

Chillax, we all know our girls are wayyy better.

my phone rang (i used bo beep bo beep as my ringtone) whn i was wit my friend yesterday..

my friend was lik : ' eh? u know tat song too? but why is it in korean and is from different singer? i thought it is suppose 2 b in chinese?!'

me: ' wat the heck r u talkin abt?! korean's one is the original 1!!!'

my friend: ' really?! nv heard of korean version before but chinese'

me: ' =.=!! '

Oh well, it was done with authorization, so there's no reason to be indignant as far as I'm concerned.

However, the topic generates a lot of controversy. Though it was made with the authorization specially from the composer, it's still a very similiar song (not to say the same).

For it to be a parody or not, it's subjectively relative. And so the other opinions that the topic may generate.

I guess T-ara must have been advised about it before.

At least I do hope so.

What matters at the end of the day is that the T-ara's original version is way better.

What the.... REALLY NOW. They did a parody without mentioning T-ARA?! And plus they're using T-ARA's song, how can they not mention them. This is a complete total piece of nonsense, right here. This is so wow, and they're getting recognition for 'their' new song? Really now? Really... I feel sorry for our T-ara, they don't get enough credit for their doing. I feel really sorry.