Diadem Forums

[11.02.04] Hyomin apologizes to Seungri for comments made in SBS Idol King New Year Special

xxxiang

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to grow up and realize that everything on Korean Variety Shows is 99% scripted. On these kind of shows, PDs always try to create a loveline between 2 idols. Based on their chemistry, the scripted love-line may be popular, well-liked, may resulted in war between fandoms or may be ignored due to poor chemistry. To make these lovelines more 'realistic', PDs always throw in the informal language. Idols are talked through and may be forced to use those informal language. Hyomin's case was like that. Unlike most idols, Hyomin was more cautious and pressed an apology to Seungri. I don't see anything wrong with Hyomin in this case. If VIPs bashed her because of this broadcast then they should really grow up and face reality. VARIETY IS SCRIPTED.

Props to Hyomin for apologizing, it should clear up misunderstandings before anything really big happens.

It was funny when she said it though, and I'm sure everyone knew that it was just for fun.

And T-ara fans bashing Seungri, he's not the one that like, MADE her apologize. If its anyones fault its the fans, not his.

I love Seungri.

ah sheesh :) netizens are at it again /)_- for god's sake first... it was mutual I believe for the two to talk to each other in banmal cuz 1) Hyomin is a good year and a half older than Seungri... and 2) Seungri is a sunbae in the entertainment industry... I would say those two "relationships" cancel each other out & they're on equal levels (talking about formal/informal speech)... but *shugs* Korea's hierarchy system is just :); I mean SHEESH... if Seungri is okay with it, so be it! netizens and these so-called "fans" just have nothing better to do.... gotta learn to love & respect man >_< but I guess this is my perspective... growing up surrounded by the Western culture o.0 eh~ buuuut good job to Hyomin for trying to save the situation =3

thanks for the translation!~

Well, everyone knows how Asians give an extreme importance to respect and education.

But still, that was a little too much of the netizens.

I mean, when a person is trying to get comfortable, using a more relaxed form of speech is the top priority.

Besides, Hyomin actually said she was sorry. If it was someone else, they would probably ignore it.

Oh my, people just come up with problems from nowhere.

Fighting Hyomin, you haven't done nothing wrong, okay? :]

i laughed at what she said too...

people should be more careful in the future to avoid criticisms but not one of us is perfect. isn't it okay to make a small mistake such as this? ^^,

anyway, she didn't mean it when she used Banmal and she apologized for her actions.

Im happy she is being cautious of her actions towards others on tv :] and its so mature of her to get to the problem before netizens get on her and bring her down along with her members. Ah times like this I admire her maturity and thoughtfulness !