Diadem Forums

[11.03.15] 5dolls collaboration, "Thankful, but sad"

LegendaryLvl1

5dolls collaboration, "Thankful, but sad"

1299565528071_1.jpg

The 5 member girl group '5dolls' while being thankful to T-ara for their joint stage appearance, have revealed that they had an inconvenient/sad/lack-luster experience. The group revealed this information in a recent interview with Joy News 24.

T-ara, being in the same agency as 5dolls, succeeded their performance '너 말이야' (It's You), gaining attention for the joint event. 5dolls, being a girl group in the same agency have been compared with T-ara ever since their debut.

To this topic, 5dolls replied "In reality, T-ara are our competitors. When we go up stage they advise us how to look good on camera, how to make the appropriate gestures - they teach us a lot," whilst saying, "even this collaboration was due to the T-ara seniors saying 'How would it be to do a special stage?'"

Following, 5dolls said "'It's You' is our song, but because we are amateurs and greedy, we're thankful that the T-ara seniors came up with us - there was a good reaction." Continuing with their statement, "It feels like we're losing a chance to stand up for ourselves and so that's why we feel inconvenienced/sad."

5dolls said, "It's our debut single, we should have shown our own personality, so I'm sad. I'm truthfully a bit sad. It seems that we'll have to put our name out to the public more."

Continuing, "I wonder what it would be like to stand up on T-ara's stage. If T-ara puts out an album, I hope there will be a day when we are able to pay back the favor."

5dolls are actively debuting with their debut single 'It's You'. 5dolls said, "While it looks like we've gotten some recognition, our chart expectations are still lacking. We need to work harder" - following - "This years goal is the amateur/rookie awards. We believe that if we receive the award that we couldn't receive whilst in Coed, our feelings will be renewed. We will try our best to get a good result for our activities."

Source: T-arafan

Written by: -

Translated by: LegendaryLvl1 @ TiaraDiadem

Note: Pictures related to the news topic are allowed to be posted below

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i ask what is the name of the 2 girls on each side??? i know the other one is Hyoyoung,, Hwayoung's twin but who is the other one??? I just fine them so pretty <3

^

you wanna know them more because they are pretty, I hope not T.T

in this order, from left to right : Ryu Hyoyoung - Hoe Chanmi - Seo Eunkyo - Lee Soomi - Jin Hyewon.

It quite regretful that CCM's seemingly slapdash promotion of 5dolls has gotten to the point that it's wearing on the group itself. It's one thing to have no confidence in one's project, but CCM is flagrantly displaying this lack of confidence to the public. This kind of stance cannot possibly be healthy for the members of 5dolls.

The change of costuming, from a frumpy yet recognizable theme to a purely awkward and none-too-clear one, after only a week into their promotion schedule.

The change to a more flamboyant choreography after two weeks.

The joint appearance with T-ara their third week.

Now this week with its one day of playful choreo-covering and shift to a racier styling theme, this is not the mark of a sound marketing plan.

It's true that 5dolls, and their main unit, have not shot through the charts as powerfully as T-ara had done, but this frantic decision making by CCM is just unsavory. The management should have taken more time to carefully hone the image they wanted 5dolls to impart and researched how well it would sell. There is absolutely no excuse to have their costume go from college student, to some sort of militant organization, to risque...gym members?, the second iteration alone made absolutely no sense for the group and its song.

They say consistency is important for child development, I cannot help but think it may well apply to a fledgling music group as well.

I hope CCM gets its act together before they begin their next promotional cycle.

Wow, at first they were so confident about beating T-ara, even when our girls were helping them on their promotions, they keep talking on a very rude way about being better than T-ara, and honestly those comments really bother me.

5Dolls have a reaaaaaally long way to go, and they were talking about competition as if T-ara didn't worked hard to be where they are now.

If they feel sad I think it's their own fault for having such a high expectations even when they knew that their song wasn't that popular, and honestly I don't understand why CCM made these 5Dolls proyect when they should be working on Co-Ed, I found 5Dolls very useless, they are not apporting nothing new to k-pop and they are being managed in a really awful way : / i'm, sorry that's my opinion

I feel a bit disappointed to 5 Dolls after I read it....

I know that 5 Dolls might be disappointed to CCM for approve T-ara's favor to collaborate with them..

But they should think it in a positive way...

They would learn something new from their collaboration with T-ara...and it'll be useful for them...

I know that they're thankful to T-ara but I didn't seem theirs thankful are sincere from themselves...

I think T-ara will sad after they read about it...They want to help 5 Dolls but instead of it,5 Dolls want to compete with them...

5 Dolls should think how to make them more recognize,more popular and more success before thinking how to compete with T-ara!!

I think they should think how to compete with all new girl groups in Korea first...not the seniors first....

follow me on twitter : @T2HQSJEB

I think it should remain as a healthy competiton btw these two but ppl always view it as 5dolls are too cocky with the way they express things. Probably we'll have to see how well they are in the future to be able to stand their grounds

agreed! it cant be express as competition since it will trigger misunderstanding between the t-ara and 5dolls members. they should work together as a team and find a different genre of songs to win fans. btw 5dolls's song is not good enough. i watch the show bcoz of t-ara. they should thanks t-ara properly. maybe they will be more acknowledge because of the join stage.