Diadem Forums

[11.04.13] T-ara Soyeon,

ela

T-ara Soyeon, "After withdrawing from SNSD is the most hard time"

2571ytw.jpg

A girl who enjoy standing in front of the mirror since she's small, went to an art high school. During her senior year she became a trainee in a famous entertainment agency .Everyday she practiced hard until she needs to change her t-shirt 2-3 times because of the sweat, that's how much she's chasing after her dream to became a star. But was her effort not enough? 6 months before she was going to debut with SNSD, she withdrew.

After giving up on her dream she stayed at her house only. She said it is the hardest part of her life. The people who support her dream to became a singer, her grandma and uncle's health condition started to be bad. 1 year later, her Grandma and Uncle passed. Giving up her dream was really hard.

"Until now the one year and a half time after I left SNSD was the hardest time of my life. Not only my family supported my dream to became a singer but my whole family, especially my grandma and uncle. But on that one year and a half time when I want to stop being a trainee, the both of them passed away. When the both of them passed away the thing that they say is 'become a singer.'"

After seeing her grandma and uncle leave Soyeon is once more determined. Soyeon said, "After the funerals of my grandma and uncle, I dusted myself off and tried to find my determination to reach my dreams again. I said 'Okay, let's try this again one more time.'"

Accidentally she saw an article that said Mnet Media is looking for one more member to complete their 5 member girl group. For Soyeon, she can't miss this chance.

2564dpu.jpg

"I look for people that can connect me. In the end she searched for Mnet Media's address. She asked if she can meet the CEO , and they let me in. At that place I auditioned, and I was chosen."

In 2009 Soyeon finally debuted with the girl group T-ara, and had the dream that she wants. But SNSD who have made their debut at that time, trainee juniors like SHINee and f(x) members now became a 'singer senior.'"

"When I first debut it's really awkward (smiles). On my first broadcast, SHINee's Jonghyun and Taemin came to greet me. At that time I treated them just like the trainee days, using informal language to them. Thinking about it after I thought it was really weird and I also worried a lot. So after that we talk and decided to talk comfortably just like the trainee days."

Soyeon said, "Actually withdrawing from SNSD makes me and SNSD members awkward with each other. But after debuting and promoting with T-ara, a lot of that problem has been resolved."

"Now the time I'm with T-ara and the time I spend with SNSD in my trainee days are the same. The time I am with SNSD as a member was good but I don't regret becoming a T-ara member. T-ara is a junior group who wants to became like SNSD. When I'm with SNSD, I'm the oldest. Now I still contact the SNSD members and my parents are close with the SNSD members' parents.

mmfoqr.jpg

After overcoming her hardship Soyeon lately have been active in the variety program. The program is KBS 2TV variety program '100 Points Out of 100.' She has been the guest since January .Even though her name is "variety-dol,' Soyeon only look at her script to know who the guest is.

On the recent broadcast the guest listened to a short part of the song and guess what the title is. Soyeon, who was born in 1987 guessed the song and knew immediately, the song is Kim Ji Ae's "Hateful Person", which was released in 1989.

"Haha, I'm born in 1987. If I need, I will show my ID card. I heard from my parents that I'd always sit in front of the TV and hum along to songs. I have a lot of interest to the senior singers' songs so that's why I know the songs."

"I might get scolded. I only look at the script to know who the guests are and I also don't follow the script. I think being natural came out the best."

hsqt8z.jpg

"On variety I'll be a fun friend, on stage I'll be T-ara's main vocal, on acting I'll be actress Park Soyeon and of course, I will work even harder."

Soyeon's message to the juniors who wants to be a singer:

"I've started to became a trainee 10 years ago. If I were to say one thing is, the person who really wants to do it can pursue this career. This is not only about if you can work hard, but you must really want it. By just relying on talent alone, during the trainee days you only think you need to passion and dream. But after your debut that work becomes your society. You can't sleep, you can't eat, and also you have no friends. The only thing you can do is perform on stage. If you're a crazy person who really wants to do it, then only please pursue this career."

Source: Nate

Translated by: ela @ Diadem

So that's the reason why she withdraw from SNSD. Whatever it is, she is now famous. I really like her natural when doing variety show. She is just so cute. She is my 2nd favorite among the 7. Soyeon Hwaiting!!!! T-Ara Hwaiting!!! Saranghae -_-<3<3

though i can't say she's my favourite T-ara member, but reading this let me see a different side of Soyeon. Her determination to become a singer, esp to fulfill the wishes of her grandmother & uncle, really shine through. Even though T-ara is not at the position that SNSD is at now, they are slowly steadily climbing up..so i'm happy for her to be happy at where she is now. Let's hope T-ara scale to greater heights this year! Soyeon fighting! T-ara fighting!!

I love Soyeon more after I read this article.....that's why So always look more maturer than other members through everything she'd passed. Fortunately when So knew Mnet accidently, T-ara is so lucky to have Soyeon.....love T-ara, love So so so so much

sometimes life's like that.. it's difficult to walk away from all the potential fame and fortune as an idol group member, particularly when her decision could be seen as coming back to haunt her at the present. yet sometimes it was a blessing in disguise to think it through (life, priorities,...) away from the harsh spotlight on a trainee (especially if they are on the big companies like SM, JYP, DSP,... it is easy to either be numbed by fame, or allow pent-up anger to rise up in the end and causing rifts amongst members)

Ooohh.... :( You already had a hard time.... Soyeon-noona, Hwaiting!!!! Dont look back, just keep movin... :)

I think you have done well until now. You have proved that You ar a strong woman.... I am so respect to you now...

I like this :

"I might get scolded. I only look at the script to know who the guests are and I also don't follow the script. I think being natural came out the best."

<3