Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] How long did it take you to learn their names?

iamjennie

It took me 2 days to memorise their names.

At first I mistook Soyeon as Boram and Boram as Soyeon...Because of their height xD...

I knew Jiyeon's name from the start since I loved her before I loved T-ara as a group.

The order of memorising was like this: Jiyeon->Hyomin->Eunjung->Qri->Soyeon->Boram.

• 6 months later...

The first Name I knew was EunJung, don’t remember why and how. The second name I learned was BoRam, I just road it somewhere and thought that name sounds cool. The other Names I never learned until the incident. Probably cause I was more interested in their music than the girls and never cared much about background information. With the outbreak of the Hwayoung controversy a scandal even I wasn’t able to overlook it became more important to me to know who is who. The news site i used back then also made it necessary because they sometimes showed photos of JiYeon as Hwayoung and of the real Hwayoung. So I needed to know who Hwayoung is. I felt it necessary to know who was accused of what so names became more and more important. Now I know everyone’s name, maybe the horrible incident had a positive side effect :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im used to asian faces by now so i can tell who is who no problem but i dont know any names other than Eunjung's now.

Its mostly because i havent looked at anyones name other than Eunjungs (i will one day but not now)

But even if i did look at the other names i think i would have problem pronouncing (unless i hear it) and remembering.

It doesnt have anything to do with race though, i know for a fact a new japanese kpoper would have these same problem, Japanese romanji is nothing like korean xD But it would be quite easy to remember it if its written in japanese katakana since each symbol only has one possible sound unlike english. (for me too :P)

I take what i said back, after becoming a fan of Jiyeon yesterday evening i started watching Jiyeon videos and learned the other members name in no time without even trying or wanting to.

It helped that i knew the faces though because in the video titles and it would say "Jiyeon and Insert T-ara member here doing so and so"

It also helps that they all seem to look like their name somehow :blink:

Anyone always has a hard time learning names from a new group...

But after you've been a asian pop fan for a while, that changes, haha :P

T-ara didn't really give me a hard time, because I always saw news about them before I started stanning the group.

They all have really different images/personalities, so that made the task easier. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Farhan Yan

i took about a month just to recognise their faces... especially during those videos before roly poly... they looked rather similar (?) :wacko:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Like, probably 5 years

I've known T-ARA since they debuted and I did follow them, but not to the extent that I became a hardcore Queen (I was more of a SONE and a f(an) back then). I saw them again when they released Cry Cry and then Day by Day and Bunny Style but then they still didn't catch my eye enough for me to really get into them.

And then Sugar Free came out and I was sold.

Then it took me 5 day to match them up since I've already seem some of them already throughout the years and my eye for for distinguishing kpop idols apart got a lot better and yeah :)

What I missed out 5 years ago

Aish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think i learn their name spent a little bit much time,

for me the first member that i'am learn easily is hyomin because her name really easy 

secondly is eunjung because she always has short hair

jiyeon is third because her face really pretty,but its hard to recognize jiyeon in some MV because her makeup and hairstyle is often change,

fourth boram because of course her short height :V

fifth is soyeon ,second short height after boram :v

so finally  QRI the last member i have learnt because QRI same case with jiyeon,but i found clue to learn QRI easily,her mole in nose :)

• 2 weeks later...

well there was 1+ year between me discovering them and getting into them, so it was more like a gradual process over an extended period of time.

I don't remember which member I knew first, though I do remember commenting on the Sexy Love MV asking if the green haired one was Qri (which it was)

I know I knew all the members by the time Target came out, but I'm not sure exactly when I learnt each member since it was before I was a fan

Ok, the names were not the problem, but regognizing reliably who is who, took (non-actively) almost a year. It was for a long time somewhat difficult to identify them (being of foreign origin to me) from fast moving videos, while their looks change significantly from mv to mv. I mean as long as you are not used to that. Today with some new kpop-groups it is not a problem, if only I am interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...