Diadem Forums

[11.06.07] 'Miss Ripley' T-ara's Jiyeon's skilled Japanese catches attention

maknaes.

'Miss Ripley' T-ara's Jiyeon's skilled Japanese catches attention

201106070957361115_1.jpg

T-ara's Jiyeon displayed her excellent Japanese skills.

On the MBC Mon-Tues drama 'Miss Ripley' episode aired on the 6th, Jiyeon came out as the daughter of the Japanese prime minister.

In the episode, she arrives in Korea but disappears into the hotel. Jang Miri (Lee Dahae's role) then roams around to find the daughter, having to solve the problem by going off to persuade her in person.

Including Jiyeon and Lee Dahae's simple Japanese conversation, Jiyeon showed her command of the Japanese language during the formal meeting as well with her lines "Hello. My greetings were late. I'm the prime minister's daughter, Yoowu. I think of it to be an honor to be invited like this to a Korea-Japan Cultural Exchange 13th anniversary charity event".

Jiyeon had also left a strong impression on the viewers with her acting as a homosexual. She earned praise for her acting for not looking awkward when she kissed her lover on the cheek in a friendly manner.

Viewers left comments such as "She seems to have studied Japanese", "The Japanese pronunciation wasn't awkward at all", "It must have not been easy for an idol to act as a homosexual but it looked natural".

Source: http://www.mydaily.c...57361115&ext=da

Translations: maknaes. @ tiaradiadem

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wah she must've studied up for their japanese promotions XD great job!~

OH i didn't know she was playing out a homosexual! :unsure: i thought korean television had restrictions on that? BUT who cares congrats on your role jiyeon<3^^

happy birthday^^ thanks for the news~~

Ah, so this is what my friend was complaining about on Twitter... I don't see anything wrong with her role as a lesbian but I suppose that's pretty shocking in South Korea. I really want to watch this now! I've been hearing good things about it. Jiyeon fighting! ♥

Thanks for the translation!

I didn't had idea that she was playing that kind of role for this episode, it's kinda shocking actually, knowing how Korea is with that kind of topics.

But she does really have my respect for being so brave and devoted to her acting job, she has grown up not only as a person, but as an actress.

For those homophobes, don't complain, she was just doing her job.

So good to see she has improved on her japanese, I remember on Dream Girls she wasn't that good with languages, but seem like she has been working hard for the japanese promotions.

Jiyeon & T-ara fighting, i'm proud of my girls ^w^ :D

The Real CZ : u don't need to say so

I've waitch the short cut, Jiyeon had done everything very well ^^~ She rl is confident.

I think she may have learnt Japanese so her skilled jpese is really good.

homosexual <- this character is pretty new with her:lol:

anw, Happy Birhthday Jiyeon ~