Diadem Forums

[11.07.05] T-ara's Japanese debut goal: "singing and acting success"

nathaniel

[11.07.05] T-ara's Japanese debut goal: "singing and acting success"

gallery_24267_1299_39551.jpg

T-ara begins to conquer Japan starting today.

Following BoA, TVXQ, Girls' Generation and more, K-POP is becoming more and more popular abroad and has sparked craze in Japan where artists now are expanding to more often.

On the 5th at the SHIBUYA-AX Hall in Tokyo, Japan, T-ara held a press conference and revealed their ambitions and determinations for their future in Japan.

The T-ara members said, "We'll debut with 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' in Japan and hope the success and love of 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' that was received in Korea will catch on with Japanese fans. We want to be able to debut realistically in Japan. We were actually busy last night memorizing our Japanese," they revealed.

T-ara continued with, "Girls' Generation and many other girl groups have advanced in Japan, and from them we have watched, heard stories and studied how they invested their time in Japan that has helped us learn (?)," they said. "We want to be active in various activities not only as singers, but also in dramas, movies and variety."

"We are primarily a girl group who sings and dances to music, but we want to be characterized (?) and be able to be compared to Japanese girl groups who also do the same, as well as various other activities in other fields. We need to pursue similar aspects because it seems it'll be beneficial to our future activities so we have been studying our Japanese really hard," T-ara said.

Soyeon said that, "We have sort of have big dreams. We are aiming to reach #1 on the Oricon charts. Jang Geunseuk is a Korean who was able to enter the Oricon charts straight at #1. It was truly amazing. We want to be singers who can at least reach #1 on the chart once."

T-ara continued to say, "A group we admire is 'SMAP'. They work in various fields but are still-standing and a leading group, it's similar to what we want to do. As T-ara, we want to introduce our own unique colors and charms."

T-ara met with over 150 Japanese and Korean media newspapers, magazines and broadcasters for their open press conference in Japan and is scheduled to go into full-fledged activities.

T-ara will also first be resuming their activities fully for their retro track "Roly-Poly".

Source: Nate // Nate

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

I uploaded the Roly Poly Video in my youtube channel and it gotten 500+ views from Japan.. Lol like a wow hahahah even 1 japan blogger came to ask me that the video uploaded by me was being used on hes blog. Hope that can help boost T-ara fans over in Japan. :lol: T-ara FIGHTING

I'm not the biggest fan of any korean idols doing japanese promotions

but I'll support these girls no matter what they do haha

i do hope the best for them and cant wait to see what they will do to

bring about the T-ara effect in japan!

thanks for translating and posting~

I'm not the biggest fan of any korean idols doing japanese promotions

but I'll support these girls no matter what they do haha

i do hope the best for them and cant wait to see what they will do to

bring about the T-ara effect in japan!

thanks for translating and posting~

Same here, I'm no fan when korean idols, especially girl groups doing Japanese Promotions, like SNSD, i went my own way when they left to Japan.

I'll put in a lot of effort to not walk away from T-ARA, and will give my support to them as well, hopefully they do well in Japan.

Good luck out there T-ARA.

I'm praying for their success in japan...

It's going to be quite hard for them because the charts right now is being dominated by SNSD and KARA...

Hopefully they get what they wish for ^^... Hit 1st on The ORICON CHART!~!!

But they said that Roly Poly will be sing too,,if im not wrong T-ara will sing some sang like IGCBOY,,BPBP,WYBLT,Yayaya,Roly Poly,,and more maybe,,I just knew that,,

I hope everything is OK,,and they will do the BEST,,

Just GOOD LUCK 4 T-ARA on Japan 4 their Showcase,,really pray 4 them,,, :P lets pray 2gether 4 T-ara,,,K!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIGHTING..................

Aww I'll miss them! Good luck girls. I just know that they'll have success in Japan with Bo Peep. That song is like candy for the ears.

I can't wait to hear how it sounds in Japanese too, eee. It always feels weird hearing known Korean songs sung in Japanese, but a good kind of weird XD.