Diadem Forums

[11.07.06] T-ara's Japanese showcase full press conference Q&A

maknaes.

[11.07.06] T-ara's Japanese showcase full press conference Q&A

1309848169979_1.jpg

Q & A

-How are the responses to 'Roly Poly' from Japanese and Korean fans?

"It hasn't been that long since we've had our comeback so we're not too sure about that but a lot of the elders seem to like it a lot because of that nostalgic feeling. I think we'll be able to find out what the responses are like through this showcase in Japan."

-Your feelings wearing retro outfits for this concept?

"We learned a lot and it was fun. Just because it's retro doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad. At that time too there were a lot ways to compliment your body type with what you wore. We did that this time around too. The interesting thing is that each of us seemed like our mothers as we wore those outfits."

-What sets you apart from the other girl groups that have already entered the Japanese market?

"Rather than that, we learned a lot from them, they're all groups we're close with so we received a lot of help too. We're planning on actively promoting not only with music but in a variety of areas like in films and dramas. All of the members are currently studying Japanese."

1309848146914_2.jpg

-The result after meeting with the Japanese press?

"They said they were looking forward to our future activities and have big expectations with 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' especially. We were thankful they danced along to our songs and studied Korean as well."

-Any advice given from your Japanese management?

"They told us to work hard at studying Japanese so we can also appear in dramas and varieties in the future. They're anticipating a lot from 'Roly Poly' in particular."

-Were there any episodes while learning the dance for 'Roly Poly'?

"Our dance instructor and our CEO Kim Kwangsoo personally taught us the steps. Whether it was because he was tired out but practices were always short but cruel. Our CEO used to be a former member of the dance team 'Partners' in the past. There was even a dance battle between the two of them on the spot because of that. We finally got to see our CEO's dance skills. It was above our expectations."

-Your thoughts on Japanese girl groups?

"The way Japanese girl groups actively promote in various fields is similar to T-ara. We think that Korean girl groups are strong at showing their musicality with their music and dance. We'll work hard to show both of those strengths."

-Do you have a goal while in Japan?

"Among the groups we like there's one called SMAP, I think they're a good group to be like. They work hard to reach the top in a lot of areas without losing focus on their music."

1309848159320_1.jpg

-How many Japanese songs do you have prepared?

"We've already recorded the song we'll debut with in Japanese."

-Among the members, who is the best at Japanese?

"Everyone is studying but Qri and Hyomin are a little better at it."

-How do you feel with the showcase a day ahead of you?

"We're busy trying to memorize Japanese words(laughs). It's starting to hit us now that we came to the venue. It's very exciting."

-Do you have any plans to promote overseas besides Japan?

"We've been to Thailand and Singapore before, there was a good response so if the opportunity arises we want to try going there as well. Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan, we're thankful."

-There's been an increase of girl groups in the nation lately?

"We worried a lot about this comeback. There's been a lot of great songs out there and so many pretty people around us. We worked hard to bring out our strengths through this retro-themed concept."

-How did you all prepare in order to effectively give that retro feel of 'Roly Poly'?

"(Soyeon) A lot of people have asked me if I was actually a 68'er, I'm not really sure why I know so much about those things either. When I think about it, it must feel natural to me because I grew up as if I was my mother and aunt's friend. Preparing for this concept was strangely easy. On top of that, the acting in the music video was 100% adlibs, I'm not sure why I know so well about those things, but it was fun."

"(Eunjung) I tried acting as if I was my mother. My mother still remembers her past well. I used my mother's memories for reference."

"(Jiyeon) Our CEO looked up videos like 'Saturday Night Fever', 'Grease' to show us. It helped a lot."

-The acting in the music video was great?

"100% of it were adlibs and there weren't any set characters. It felt like we chewed a whole pack of gum during the filming. After we finished, our jaws started hurting."

-Future activities plans for each of the members?

"Our main priority will be our Japanese promotions after our Korean comeback. There'll be future activities from the members so please look forward to it. There isn't a division between the members that have acted and those that haven't, the rest are also waiting for their turn. It actually becomes a great amount of help to us as we can learn from each other. If you continue to support us, we'll do our best to prepare."

-Hyomin has been coming out on varieties less lately?

"I haven't been able to due to comeback preparations and movie filming. As soon as we return to Korea, we'll be appearing on 'Sebakwi'."

-What do you hope to rank on the Oricon chart when you make your first step into Japanese market?

"They always say to dream big so we want to aim for first."

-Were there any burdens when the leader was changed with the Japanese debut ahead?

"(Hyomin) It was of course a huge burden. Our CEO was giving me pressure too, 'after watching Eunjung and Boram as leader, I think you can work harder and do well.' I think it's good because it seems like a fair system where each member gets an opportunity. I think it'll put a sense of responsibility on all the members individually."

-The burdens of the members acting?

"(Hyomin) When acting, I worry the most about acting controversies that will come up because we're idols. It causes me to pay more attention and practice more. I think that's also why Eunjung and Jiyeon haven't heard things like that. I'm thankful as the one that's up next. It was less burdening because it felt like T-ara has shown to the public the level of our acting."

"(Soyeon) Although T-ara was created to be a group that would target all kinds of different areas, we'll work hard without leaving behind our name T-ara and our music."

"(Eunjung) Not only as actresses and artists, our biggest dream is for all of us to be remembered as multi-entertainers."

-It's been pointed out that this album has similarities with the movie 'Sunny'?

"The concept we thought of and 'Sunny' luckily matched well. We're thankful the theme has been the topic of discussion once again due to the great success of the movie. It was such a fun and great movie, all of the members watched it well. Our 'bokgo' consists of both the East and the West."

-To Eunjung, how is your relationship with your husband on 'We Got Married'?

"Honestly, we've only met around five times. I think we need to see each other more to get closer. 'Janggoon nim' does natural skinship. Seeing as how our manager isn't there on the set, he does whatever he wants like that. I can't turn it down(laughs)."

Source: http://joynews.inews...1&g_menu=700300

Translated by: maknaes. @ tiaradiadem

wow a long article.

LOL, Eunjung, "Seeing as how our manager isn't there on the set, he does whatever he wants like that. I can't turn it down(laughs)." LMAO i love WooJung~ xD

also "Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan. we're thankful." omg how sweet is that..

anw thanks so much for translating =)

"We've been to Thailand and Singapore before, there was a good response so if the opportunity arises we want to try going there as well. Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan. we're thankful."

<3 even one fan is important for them .. T-ara dae~bak..

Ohh!!! Thanks for translating!!! It's such a long article!

So sweet of them "Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan, we're thankful." <3:(

Kind of hilarious and I love it Lol "Seeing as how our manager isn't there on the set, he does whatever he wants like that. I can't turn it down(laughs)."

T-ara Fighting!

Oh... Happy 100th day Anniversary for WooJung Couple! Today is the day! <3 <3 <3

thank you so much for the translate.

my favorite part is:

Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan. we're thankful

Awww they're so cute and sweet!!! That's why I love them!!!!!! this was the perfect proof that every fan is important for them!! And for me, they already are my multi-entertainers.

I only hope and dream that one of this days of my life I will finally meet my girls.

T-ARA HWAITINNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh!!! Thanks for translating!!! It's such a long article!

So sweet of them "Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan, we're thankful." <3:(

Kind of hilarious and I love it Lol "Seeing as how our manager isn't there on the set, he does whatever he wants like that. I can't turn it down(laughs)."

T-ara Fighting!

Oh... Happy 100th day Anniversary for WooJung Couple! Today is the day! <3 <3 <3

Yes! Really so proud of the girls. When I saw the word Singapore I kinda spazzed a little. Those 3 days that they were here ....al the singaporean diadems were so happy and proud of them :'DD THEY'VE REALLY GROWN SO MUCH!!! <3

T-ara 파이팅 YEAH! Come back to Singapore soon diadems here will wait for you! <3

-To Eunjung, how is your relationship with your husband on 'We Got Married'?

"Honestly, we've only met around five times. I think we need to see each other more to get closer. 'Janggoon nim' does natural skinship. Seeing as how our manager isn't there on the set, he does whatever he wants like that. I can't turn it down(laughs)."

Sounds wrong okay?

-How did you all prepare in order to effectively give that retro feel of 'Roly Poly'?

"(Soyeon) A lot of people have asked me if I was actually a 68'er, I'm not really sure why I know so much about those things either. When I think about it, it must feel natural to me because I grew up as if I was my mother and aunt's friend. Preparing for this concept was strangely easy. On top of that, the acting in the music video was 100% adlibs, I'm not sure why I know so well about those things, but it was fun."

HAHAHAHA. As expected of Soyeon.

"We've been to Thailand and Singapore before, there was a good response so if the opportunity arises we want to try going there as well. Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan, we're thankful."

Come back soon!!

Thanks for sharing!

I hope they won't focus too much in Japan and forget about their korean and international fans! We still need an official name and colour D:

But I'm touched by this: "We've been to Thailand and Singapore before, there was a good response so if the opportunity arises we want to try going there as well. Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan, we're thankful."

We'll always be supporting the girls wherever they are. I hope they'll come back to Singapore soon after being the new models for Tony Moly ^_^

I hope they won't focus too much in Japan and forget about their korean and international fans! We still need an official name and colour D:

But I'm touched by this: "We've been to Thailand and Singapore before, there was a good response so if the opportunity arises we want to try going there as well. Whichever country we go to, as long as there's one fan, we're thankful."

We'll always be supporting the girls wherever they are. I hope they'll come back to Singapore soon after being the new models for Tony Moly ^_^

Yeah they won't forget their fans don't worry ;) I thoughtthe official colour was Yellow ad the fan club name was DIADEM??? :b it ISN'T? D:

great article haha, the girls are simply working hard for the Japanese Promotions, i just hope they succeed with their wishes, i would love to see them on top on the Oricon charts.

Good luck girls, great article, showed us more info on what the girls want with their statuses as idols.

I'm really excited to see what they have in store for us fans, both musically and in other areas. Honestly, I'd prefer to see them acting in Korean, but I'm willing to support them while they take on new challenges.

Although it's too soon to say exactly how things will turn out, looking at other Korean idol groups who have debuted in Japan, I'm sure they will become a big success!

tats why i love t-ara..

t-ara<3