Diadem Forums

[11.07.19] "Retro" T-ara to release a remake of Nami's "Round and Round"

nathaniel

11.07.19] "Retro" T-ara to release a remake of Nami's "Round and Round"

Seven member girl group T-ara will continue with their retro concept for a new song.

On the 19th, a representative from T-ara's agency, Core Conents Media revealed that T-ara would be remaking the mid 1980's hit song by Nami called "Round and Round". They also revealed it will be out on August 12th.

"Round and Round" is a bright, cheerful song that T-ara will be giving a "rebirth" by adding a modern element. It's fun lyrics and joyful melody made the song a hit back in the day. They are going to be giving strong commitment into making the remake.

T-ara began promoting their new single, the disco track "Roly-Poly" earlier this month and have attracted attention for their retro concept.

Meanwhile, T-ara will release their first single in Japan in early September and begin full-scale activities.

Source: Nate

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

sounds awesome~ i'm trying to imagine their voices with Nami's voice, singing it in unison~ and it sounds AWESOME! haha

can't wait for the new song to come out~

T-ARA fighting!

Ji Yeon! FIGHTING!

Guest baramsori

Why?

Girl's Day already did it with Twinkle Twinkle. Now there's gonna be endless T-ara/Girl's Day comparisons and crap.

I don't understand. So Twinkle Twinkle is not an original song? But it's a remake of this song? The name is not even the same. Are they authorized to change the name...?

I don't understand. So Twinkle Twinkle is not an original song? But it's a remake of this song? The name is not even the same. Are they authorized to change the name...?

Apparently that Girl's Day song was a "reinterpretation" of Nami's song. They're completely different tho, the Girl's Day song just borrowed one or two lyrics from the original and it was made with Round and Round in mind. T-ara's song will probably a straight up remake/cover that's more modern sounding, rather than a reinterpretation. Most people probably don't even realize the thing about Twinkle Twinkle. I doubt there will be many comparisons if any tbh. In fact Twinkle Twinkle sounds more like one of T-ara's own songs, Bye Bye (same composer), than it does the Nami song, lol.

Guest baramsori

Apparently that Girl's Day song was a "reinterpretation" of Nami's song. They're completely different tho, the Girl's Day song just borrowed one or two lyrics from the original and it was made with Round and Round in mind. T-ara's song will probably a straight up remake/cover that's more modern sounding, rather than a reinterpretation. Most people probably don't even realize the thing about Twinkle Twinkle. I doubt there will be many comparisons if any tbh

Just relisten to GD's song, I think the last sentence of GD's chorus is borrowed from this song. Other than that, they are completely 2 diff songs.

So another song has been added to the line of John Travolta Wanna Be Album XD...

I guess this song will be a Digital single then.

Can't wait for their Interpretation of Bingeul Bingeul and their way of Conveying the song.

So the 12th of August... Hope they won't delay it again XD