Diadem Forums

[11.07.30] T-ara, "We cried at first sight of our retro 'Roly-Poly' costumes"

nathaniel

[11.07.30] T-ara, "We cried at the first sight of our retro 'Roly-Poly' costumes"

2011073101002595500220291.jpg

T-ara revealed their thoughts and their first impression of the "Roly-Poly" concept.

The T-ara members said, "When we first saw our costumes, we were even more embarrassed then when we had to first wear our 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' gloves. It looked like something our mothers bought at a cheap flea market. There were big disco pants, shirts with spacious collars, colorful buttons and even handkerchiefs for our neck."

Before this, T-ara had no knowledge about the retro era and it was the time when girl groups like Kara and Girls' Generation were promoting with cute costumes. They told their agency president they didn't like it, but he said they had to wear it.

T-ara continued, "Now we realized that a lot of people liked the outfits we had. One time after we went to an event and quickly headed to a restaurant still in our costumes, adults had asked us where we got them and said it made them think of their 'old days'. We felt troubled at first, but now we are proud of it and we want to continue to make adults reminisce more of their previous great memories."

Meanwhile, T-ara will released their new Euro-dance version of "Roly-Poly" on August 2nd.

Source: Nate

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL as expected... People who have no clue what's their next concept or step is... then their higher up surprises them with those rubbish concept or step to them, their reactions are exactly the same as T-ara! man KKS stop surprising our princesses like that! the girls don't like it.. lol. but anyway KKS should be glad that us fans loved the concept, surprisingly.. therefore T-ara received more loves then before... lucky you KKS... just... =.=

I think Retro is definitely more dangerous than something like a general sexy/cute concept so it's pretty understandable and they were stuck with it, too. Other groups might not be able to pull it off and it might just look unintentionally cheesy or tacky but I think T-ara did well in bringing it out in a slightly humourous way. I think it's my favourite concept from them so far, since it's lively, colourful and it's good to see the girls being energetic and having fun when they dance to it. It also is a strong concept in that it wasn't just you know, looking cute or something - there's an actual storyline (albeit... not really concluded in the end) unlike Bo Peep Bo Peep. Or YaYaYa, where the concept was more gimmicky than anything else. Much love for Roly Poly~ ;)

I'm sorry. I still can't forgive Bo Peep Bo Peep. While YaYaYa just confuses me and I don't know whether I love it or dislike it.

So the girls were embarrassed when they saw their new outfit for T-ara?

"we cried at the first sight of our retro RLPL costumes" 0___________0 aigoo yah~i think T-ara made us surprise with their eye-catching costumes >"< please don't cry girls :( You all look well with all outfit, and we do like for sure, because you're our awesome T-ara <3 don't be embarrassed! They did wear those costumes are awesome, and we enjoy them :D ~wear because of adults ^^ and because of us ~<3 isn't it an original outfit? <3

i guess it was expected, i mean such culture shock and from T-ara's costumes, we can see the total difference in style back in the day lol, its nice to see young people acknowleging these stuff and making society, especially the young people, aware of this <3 you see groups like SNSD and Wonder Girls going for the 80's look too but i guess why the people at the cafes realised these retro clothes of T-ara is because it was the actual clothes of the time :D

T-ara is such a great role model i mean REALLY AWESOME PEOPLE

Lol! It was a completely normal reaction, since the disco era had saw the worst fashion statements ever. :lol: But really, if they could make the BPBP concept work no matter how ridiculous it was, LOL, then there shouldn't be a doubt that they could make the retro concept work as well. They should have more confidence in their selves.

They should know that they're all certainly gorgeous enough to make anything work. <3

wow...now its back to the 70's and 80's era.....kind of lovin it when t-ara make it as their new concept..

i can't predict what is their next concept...this curiosity of mine really can't wait for their new album...biggrin.gif

i think this whole world is coming back to the late 70's and 80's era.....

lol! i actually love what they are wearing for Roly Poly!

okay maybe a few of their outfits looks really weird.

but i think they look great! they grab your middle-class-people-style from the 70's. most kpop bands who went retro kinda looks too glittery and common sometimes. Roly Poly style is one of the awesome retro stuffs! even Simon & Martina loves everything about Roly Poly!

p.s request for Roly Poly at eatyourkimchi biggrin.gif

I really can tell that It John Travota era like the Night Fever the onli thing i could link up so if you ask does those clothes look familiar

no way that is not the era of our time of course we might not like the idea at first but well i guess the word retro is like the trend of

Group nowadays but they still is nice no matter wat era of fastion they are in XDXDXD daebak for us