Diadem Forums

[11.08.11] T-ara appointed as mentors for the audition series "Global Super Idol"

nathaniel

[11.08.11] T-ara appointed as mentors for the audition series "Global Super Idol"

201108110948561001_1.jpg

Girl group T-ara will join contestants in a large audition series.

The girl group who recently has been promoting "Roly-Poly" will be serving as the "Super Idol Suppoters" in the ETN audition show "Global Super Idols" which airs this October.

T-ara will be part of "The Rookie Project" where they plan to be mentors, or "Super Idol Supporters" to the participants in the audition.

The audition will travel to six different regions across the country including Seoul and those who pass the preliminary round of auditions will then move on to the next part of the audition. During that second time of the audition process, the seven girls will serve as mentors individually to a rookie.

Hyomin, Jiyeon, Eunjung, Boram, Qri, Soyeon and Ryu Hwayoung will also be in a confrontation during the survival elimination part of the show because each of the girls will be mentoring their own rookie, so there will also be a competition between T-ara to see who's rookie will do the best.

An official for GSI said, "T-ara recently has become very popular with their retro fashion and has a lot of interest around them. They've released several albums and each of them had different concepts and costumes. They live as 'style icons' and they will be able to give a good experience and specialized training for the rookies before they are able to debut."

The winner of the series will sign a 1 billion won ($1 million USD) contract and get a foreign car as a prize along with an opportunity to sign a contract with Yedang Entertainment.

Meanwhile, "Global Super Idol" will be looking for contestants until mid-September and qualify people at the end of September. Tony Ahn is confirmed as the MC and T-ara have the role of mentors.

Source: Nate

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. This is like the programme similar to Malaysia's. It's called 'Mentor'.

Jiyeon and Hwayoung to be mentors as well. I wonder if their rookie going to be the same age as them :o

There is a possibilty that their rookie gonna have the same age as them or even older than them XD...

We will never know!~!!

Suddenly I want to join the audition just so that I could get close to T-ara...

Imagine, mentored by one of T-ara!~!! Argh Dream Come True!~!!

Even if i fail to win, I fail with a smile XD

I wish they'd bring this audition thing overseas! If it means I have a chance to spend time with these girls, I don't mind joining the audition hahaha! The contestants will be soooo lucky to have T-ara as their mentors! But yeah, if Jiyeon and Hwayoung have to mentor someone older than them, it's probably VERY awkward. Furthermore, Hwayoung is quite new too.

Okay, I'm now looking forward to October. I have to watch this! :D