Diadem Forums

[11.08.18] T-ara, retro remake vs trendy song, "happy worries"

nathaniel

[11.08.18] T-ara, retro remake vs trendy song, "happy worries"

2011081810480333683_1.jpg

Seven member girl group T-ara has fell into a distressed state.

T-ara came back with the retro disco style dance song "Roly-Poly" back in June and created a big hit in the music industry. They have scored #1 on music programs and are doing great on music charts. Their 70s and 80s' inspired fashion helped attract a lot of attention to the seven members.

T-ara will be returning with follow-up promotions soon and whether they'll go with the retro style that brought about the retro craze like 'Roly-Poly', or whether they'll go with the strong and trendy music like in the past, for their follow-up track it's currently being thought over thoroughly.

Kim Kwangsoo, the CEO of T-ara's agency Core Contents Media said on the 18th, "T-ara will promote 'Roly-Poly' for two months and then start activities in Japan for September. After that, they will return to Korea in October with a new 'Roly-Poly' repackaged album with new recordings."

"One of the two new songs in the repackaged album is the 80s' hit song 'Round and Round' by Nami," he said.

"Whether T-ara will continue with their bright, retro style and promote the remake of 'Round and Round' for their follow-up song, or go with a more trendy song by Shinsadong Tiger who helped make their number one hit 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' is being decided."

For now, T-ara and their label are discussing what they'll do for their follow-up songs.

T-ara's retro style summer activities have proven to be impressive so far and they're interested in what options they have in the future.

Source: Nate

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more repackaged album? @_@ This means my money's gonna fly away again. They better put more new and worthy songs/ items in the 2nd repackaged album! *sobs* I hope they'd just put everything into 1 repackaged album and just sell it at a higher price.

But I'll still be supporting them for their follow-up promotions! :o

I wonder when they will have time to practice the new choreo, etc. since they'll be in Japan in September... I'm really worried about their health, to be honest ):

I hope they come back with a different concept. I like retro, but I also wish them to do something fiercer...

They are going to be so busy

Does that mean they are going to have 2 repackaged albums?

I hope their company is going to give them time to rest ^^

In previous pictures Hyomin, Jiyeon, and Qri looked too thin

Side note I also want them to try another ballad instead of the retro concept or at least a song that fits their vocal range better~

I'm really worried for my girls!!! they need to take some rest but their schedule is full . I hope that they don't get sick or hurt. But for now we only can send our support. Lets hope a big Success in everything!! T-ara HWAITINGGG!!!!!!

whoa, is it me or i had to read the whole thing twice? i was actually confused the first time i read it. and so they are still deciding whether to promote Round And Round of not? okay. i was actually really anticipating their version of this song since i'm not really feeling the original singer's version.

but anyways, i hope the upcoming album is just as awesome as their first, doesn't have to sound the same, just as awesome. where you can actually love every song on it! biggrin.gif

SUPPORT T-ARA FOREVER NO MATTER WHAT IT WILL BE !! I LOVE T-ARA ALL THE WAY !!

but give my girls time to take some rest..i dont want they getting sick because them schedule..take care of t-ara's health..please..

My jiyeon look so thinner hiks ~

T-ARA HWAITING !! RETRO IS DAEBAK !! THE NEXT CONCEPT IS DAEBAK ALSO !! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I hope they go with the trendy style like the past because I feel a new song is more refreshing than a remake of an older song. About the repackages, I think it means there will be ONE coming with Roly Poly and the follow up song, whether it is the remake or an all new one.

I hope Soyeon gets more camera time/solo parts in the future. She is so underrated.. makes me sad :o

I say it's better to go with a song written by Shinsadong Tiger for T-ara's follow-up song, since it'll likely be a hit as with 90% of his stuff.

CCM is sure milking Roly Poly for all it's worth. If they release another repackage, wouldn't it be the 2nd one after 'Roly Poly in Copacabana'? o.O

Also, I thought T-ara were going to release Round and Round as a digital single? O.o

Might as well release a new mini-album come October. T.T