Diadem Forums

[11.08.26] T-ara's Roly-Poly, $2 million USD in sales!

dianapetrina

[11.08.26] T-ara's Roly-Poly put IU's Good Day aside with $2 million USD in sales

mm7axv.jpg

Roly Poly records $2 million USD in sales. Girl group T-ara has achieved the highest sales for this year.

T-ara's mini-album 'John Travolta Wannabe' was released on July and drew interest of everyone in country. They recorded $2 million USD in sales, which brings the song to the top of this year.

Before 'Roly-Poly', the record was set by IU's 'Good Day' with $1.3 million USD in sales.

A representative from T-ara's agency revealed, "T-ara's Roly-Poly has been on top for 10 weeks, and surpassed $2 million USD in sales."

According to Core Contents Media, T-ara's (Hyomin Jiyeon Eunjung Soyeon Hwayoung Boram Qri) 'Roly-Poly' has an average of $30,000 in daily sales. It's confirmed that the song is the top digital hit song of the year.

"On August 1st, in one day alone, 'Roly-Poly' recorded $200,000 USD in sales and become the top sales of a digital hit song. The average of a hit album sales in Korea is around $300,000 USD, so they has definitely set a record that is hard to achieve.

Meanwhile, T-ara will be ending their 'Roly-Poly' promotion this week. 'Roly-Poly' has been on top in digital sales, MV, and music charts after the album was released. For their goodbye stage, each of the members will be showing their charms as a reply for their fans' love.

T-ara revealed, "We have been promoting 'Roly-Poly' for 2 months, and we are thankful for all the love from our fans. Especially to our fans in their 40-60s. We're happy that we could bring up their memories from the old days."

Meanwhile, T-ara is currently preparing for their Japan debut on 2nd September. They're currently on transformation to a perfect image for their fans.

Source: Newsen

Translated by: dianapetrina @ Diadem

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are so rich now!!congratulations to T-ara! T-ara FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XD

I don't know if they became more rich, but CCM did!

Now this is what I call real numbers. It's a pity their album sales let them down, if not it'll surely bring in many more awards. Though they are still strong candidates for digital song of the year

I'm surprised that the sales are really good for the album. Except for 2 songs, the whole "John Travolta Wannabe" is just like a Temptastic Remix. The sales were pretty good!

WOW !! T-ARA IS DAEBAK !! CONGRATS FOR ALL OF YOU !! <3

we will support you forever and always..

they very deserved to get it because of their hard work since comeback Roly Poly..honestly,i really surprised of that number hahahaa

And they must getting awards of that ~ Yeaaaah !! wink.gif

DAEBAK!!! Now I know that Roly Poly is really a huge hit!

I still don't get it though. If Roly Poly is way more successful than Bo Peep Bo Peep, even recorded more sales than IU's Good Day, then why does Bo Peep Bo Peep won more awards on music shows than Roly Poly?Is it because of Suju's comeback?Seriously, I watch Music Bank on TV today and surprised that T-ara is still in the top two of the chart. But sadly, Suju won again eventhough IMHO Roly Poly is way better than Mr Simple and I am not even crazy for Roly Poly that much. Tbh I started to hate Suju now...

DAEBAK!!! Now I know that Roly Poly is really a huge hit!

I still don't get it though. If Roly Poly is way more successful than Bo Peep Bo Peep, even recorded more sales than IU's Good Day, then why does Bo Peep Bo Peep won more awards on music shows than Roly Poly?Is it because of Suju's comeback?Seriously, I watch Music Bank on TV today and surprised that T-ara is still in the top two of the chart. But sadly, Suju won again eventhough IMHO Roly Poly is way better than Mr Simple and I am not even crazy for Roly Poly that much. Tbh I started to hate Suju now...

I think it's because T-ara's sales are more consistent. T-ara's been in the top 10 for 2 months now while Suju, 2NE1, 2PM, etc were at the top holding #1 for a few days and then slowly fell down the charts. :D

I'm so happy for T-ara.. they are rich and can buy all the designer stuff now hahah They really did amazing with their comeback <3