Diadem Forums

[11.08.28] T-ara's Jiyeon's worsening knee injury disrupts activities

nathaniel

[11.08.28] T-ara's Jiyeon's worsening knee injury disrupts activities

20110829ba002.jpg

Jiyeon (18), from girl group T-ara, will tentatively stop broadcast activities until her right knee ligament injury is recovered.

On the 25th during dance choreography practice, Jiyeon injured her knee and now plans to take a break, but before that she took part in the pre-recording of SBS "Inkigayo" to promote T-ara's "Roly-Poly" one last time on the 28th.

Her agency Core Contents Media said, "T-ara were ending their 'Roly-Poly' activities on the recent episode of Inkigayo and would have Hyomin missing due to the filming for the MBC drama 'Gyebaek'. We encouraged Jiyeon to rest and miss out on the performance too, but she had a strong commitment to finish promotions with the other members."

They continued with, "Jiyeon was at the hospital before the pre-recording and was on a strong painkiller medicine. She was compelled to go to the recording with a cast on her knee, even though she knew she would experience pain, and then immediately back to the hospital after recording. She has had a cast on for a few days and is relaxing mainly, and trying to keep watch on the progress. The pain is so severe for Jiyeon that she will no longer be able to participate in the 4~5 Chuseok programs that she was planning to take part in."

T-ara plan to promote in Japan mainly in September.

Source: Nate // Nate

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor jiyeon.. im feeling sad because of her injured knee..n i think jiyeon is the most person who are feeling sad not only coz her injury but also coz she cant participate a few chuseok program.. i think when she cant participate in mbc sport, she must also feeling very sad coz she like sport..

jiyeon-ah.. plz rest well n stay healthy.. read this news, make me really2 sad n keep thinking bout ur condition..

laying in bed in hospital.. haish.. i'll pray for ur healthy.. eventhough u do not read this post,i will still cheer for ur healthy.. =)

seeing her at inkigayo was really painful to watch T.T

it was clear that she was in a lot of pain

whenever she moved her leg i would flinch >.<

i can't imagine how much pain she is in and must be frustrated because she can't finish her schedules since it is known that she likes to finish things through

i hope this doesn't hurt her in the future since she put so much strain on it this time

Jiyeon unnie get better soon and rest~

she should have just missed the Roly Poly performance. at least it wouldn't have worsen her conditions, but yeah, sometimes it's hard miss schedule even though you're in pain. coz sometimes it just doesn't seem right to do so. <3

of course, in the eyes of the fans, she definitely needs rest no matter what. i hope to hear news about her only after full recovery. :(

Oh no. Her injury sounds so severe. It's too bad that she got injured at such a crucial time, what with T-ARA's Japanese debut and the Chuseok programmes. She's so hardworking and determined to finish off their goodbye stages too. I hope she'll be able to rest well and be back in full health soon. Jiyeon and T-ARA fighting! <3:(

4-5 Chuseok specials?!? Damn... Anyway, I hope she really gets a lot of rest because ligament injuries are no joke. My brother strained his a few years ago and he had to hobble around unsteadily with a knee brace for 8 weeks. And the pain during the first week or so was seriously tears-inducing. :(

what~~ jiyeon not longer in that program...ahh..i dont watch it..but its more important is jiyeon health so i doesnt care if she not come in that program eventough im little dissapoint.. ~~jiyeonaaa...~~ get well soon.. rest well~~ jiyeon hwaithing.. ~~~!!

Jiyeon unnie, please don't force yourself. It's time for you to take rests and recover that knee. We will still be here when you get back, always by your side and supporting! ^^ Come back health and even happier! We will wait for you biggrin.gif JIYEON HWAITING! T-ARA HWAITING! heart.png ^^

i feel bad, but there's no point in acting sincere.

Hopefully she gets well fast.

Plus, it must be quite boring sitting on a hospital bed, waiting to become better.

Also, hopefully she takes care of herself for now.