Diadem Forums

[11.09.29] T-ara's live event attracts record-breaking 16,000 strong crowd

aspenx

[11.09.29] T-ara's live event attracts record-breaking 16,000 strong crowd

410059262.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1317315420&Signature=ZxgpW4TDaiv%2Ff66ExFhp%2FiNlP00%3D

T-ara, the 7 member girl group that took South Korea by storm with their cat-dance, held their first Japanese debut event in Lazona Kawasaki on the 28th.

The 7 members who debut today with their single "Bo Peep Bo Peep" accepted an interview with us before the event started. They appeared In matching gold miniskirts as they greeted us together with an introduction "We are T-ara~".

With regards to their preparations for the upcoming preparations, Eunjung (22) commented "As KARA and Girls' Generation has paved the way ahead of us, we did our best with our Japanese lessons so that we can follow in their footsteps". She continued to talk about a heartwarming episode with KARA's Gyuri, who is a close friend and also shares the same Japanese language teacher, softening the tension at the event. Eunjung recounted, "Gyuri told us to not be nervous and to just concentrate on singing our best. Also, she told us to please work hard on learning the Japanese language".

When asked what they will like to challenge in Japan besides the music scene, Jiyeon (18) replied reliably, "Acting, variety shows and we'll work hard on everything!". As for the question of their favourite celebrities, each member was quick to answer. To Eunjung who quoted Takenouchi Yutaka as her favourite celebrity, Soyeon (23) who quoted Mukai Osamu and Oguri Shun and Boram (25) who quoted Miyazaki Aoi, Hyomin (22) the individualistic leader who was watching the scene quipped with a smiled, "It's rather chaotic but all 7 of us actually get along really well".

Our interviewers posed a question to the group, who is well-known to make decisions through a game of "Rock paper scissors", asking them if they knew that the Japanese group AKB48 decides who will take centre stage for their performances through the same game. Eunjung explains "We know about AKB48 but have never heard about this side to them. We don't take the game so far. When we need to decide who will take centre stage, we will choose the member who fits the mood of the song best", surprising us with their unique selection process.

T-ara performed their 3 debut songs enthusiastically at the event. With the highest turnout of 16000 spectators for the venue ever, Lazona Kawasaki Plaza, T-ara performed to a roaring crowd of excited fans.

Note: Takenouchi Yutaka is best known for his role in Beach Boys. Mukai Osamu is known for his role in the live-action version of BECK, Oguri Shun as one of the members of F4 in the original Japanese Boys Over Flowers. Miiyazaki Aoi is a popular actress/CM model and Olympus spokesperson who is well-known for her role in God! Please Give Me a Little More Time.

Source: http://news24.jp/ent...ws/1619355.html

Translated by: aspenx@Diadem

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wuahhh this is amazing, And OMG i love Oguri Shun, he was amazing on Hana Yori Dango...hes my favourite Japanese actor as well...They do Rock Paper Scissors to decide who takes center stage?? Wow I'm glad T-ara doesnt do that, in fact i dont think many korean groups do that, which is good. I love this close relationship between T-ara and KARA, coz i love them both...