Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Did you have a bias for another group then switch to T-Ara?

junichi8369

First off ill say i havent been listening to kpop that long , being i'm in the U.S. I got into k-pop when i first heard Gee from SNSD and i fell in love with them , then i loved them even more when i watched 100s of hours of variety shows.That's what got me into K-pop, then i discovered KARA but they still didn't take over SNSD's spot as my #1.I was on Soshified looong time ago when i first learned about the site.

Funny thing is i learned about T-Ara from watching IY because i wanted to see yuri and sunny, but i fell in love with hyomin and Eunjun when she guest appeared. So i researched on hyomin and found out she was in T-Ara..My actual first show where i saw all members was the Sweet girl show with all the girl groups like snsd t-ara, kara , after school and so on. So naturally i started watching variety shows with T-ara members in them and started watching lives and MVs, then i started to put their songs onto my i-pod. Now when i listen to my K-pop playlist i find myself skipping over SNSD songs which i have all of to get to T-ara songs. Hyomin,Eunjun,Qri,Jiyeon,Boram,Soyeon, and Hwayoung have stolen my heart and are now my #1 bias. I actually come onto this site like 5times more then soshified now and even have most the members of T-ara on my twitter. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a change of heart and has actually left their previous biases and made T-Ara their #1 like i have?

T-ARA FIGHTING!!!!

T-ARA #1!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have a question for y'all, just wondering,

With the people you talk with about k-pop, are any of your friends fans of T-ara? It just might be me, but everyone I know that talks about k-pop and stuff are all fans of SNSD and Wondergirls, among girl groups and only talk about them, is T-ara not as popular as them or is it something else? Or is T-ara slowly getting more and more popular recently?

I'm still new to T-ara and k-pop and all, so was just wondering.

I do have a bias for another group (SNSD), but it didn't change anything even after I became T-Ara fan. My bias for SNSD is Yuri and bias for T-Ara is Eunjung, simple as that.

I have a question for y'all, just wondering,

With the people you talk with about k-pop, are any of your friends fans of T-ara? It just might be me, but everyone I know that talks about k-pop and stuff are all fans of SNSD and Wondergirls, among girl groups and only talk about them, is T-ara not as popular as them or is it something else? Or is T-ara slowly getting more and more popular recently?

I'm still new to T-ara and k-pop and all, so was just wondering.

truthfully, yes T-Ara aren't as popular as some other girl groups (SNSD, Wonder Girl, Kara, 2NE1, etc). Lots of fans are pretty close-minded so the thought of liking more than one group is like impossible for them. I'm a Sones first of all, but I also like T-Ara. I don't really have many friends in real life who do like kpop, but the people I met so far, many of them do talk about and like T-Ara (not at a fan level though). Only one of my friend is also a Sones and T-Ara fan.

well, my ultimate girl group bias is baby vox and will always be baby vox. but for current groups, well, i stopped listening to kpop in 2007 and didn't start listening again until 2010. the first new girl group i really liked was after school and then i really like snsd then i got into t-ara. my top 3 was 1) after school, 2) snsd, 3) t-ara. i've found that now that bekah's left after school and they're now putting out crappy japanese versions of their korean songs i don't actually like after school that much anymore. i guess that would make snsd my #1 bias now but i've been finding myself liking t-ara more than i did before and i like them at least equally to snsd right now and may or may not surpass them soon.

Originally started with SNSD, and im still a solid sone but recently T-ara has me under a spell.

I love watching them on variety shows and their recent comebacks have been especially good.

Roly poly being my ultra favorite so far and the recent Cry Cry comeback is amazing! Can't wait for Lovey Dovey !

Funny thing is, I made a post in early 2010 that I would want to see them do a retro electropop comeback and when Roly Poly hit I was like ohmy.gif

I think they're gonna be my new #1 bias and I know how Skylark above me feels lol

I do have a bias for another group (SNSD), but it didn't change anything even after I became T-Ara fan. My bias for SNSD is Yuri and bias for T-Ara is Eunjung, simple as that.

truthfully, yes T-Ara aren't as popular as some other girl groups (SNSD, Wonder Girl, Kara, 2NE1, etc). Lots of fans are pretty close-minded so the thought of liking more than one group is like impossible for them. I'm a Sones first of all, but I also like T-Ara. I don't really have many friends in real life who do like kpop, but the people I met so far, many of them do talk about and like T-Ara (not at a fan level though). Only one of my friend is also a Sones and T-Ara fan.

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I thought it was just me, but don't hear too much about T-ara with the people I interact with, given that they aren't as old as a group as the other groups mentioned here.

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I thought it was just me, but don't hear too much about T-ara with the people I interact with, given that they aren't as old as a group as the other groups mentioned here.

yeah all the one I mention except 2NE1. The only thing T-Ara can do is continue to release catchy songs, then maybe by some miracle those close-minded people will open much more.

Well, when i was new to kpop, my fav girl group is KARA, I really like Gyuri and trying to know them more;

Back then KARA was the only girl group I was into, one day when watching OMS i was attracted to Soyeon,

so i googled her and know about T-ara^^

Right now I can say that I'm more into T-ara, but of course u'll can't forget ur old bias :)

Brown Eyed Girls for me. At the time when Kpop all sounded the same [upbeat, bubbly music], they had a different sound and I was lucky to have caught some performance on TV. I don't really watch TV and definitely didn't pay any attention to Korean music before this instance. This was also when WG was up and coming, before SNSD, Kara, etc. BEG did so much, had so much range and did it with four girls. Freaking Navy Seals of Kpop IMO.

i never into kpop that much.but i love Bigbang,2ne1.i like their stlye.they are dif.i like almost all snsd song but its just the song.i dunno why i just not interested with girly group.but when i see roly poly i just...wow! korea has amazing girl group like this?and become addictive in T-ara after found out EJ is in it.T-ara is the only artist i follow that much.become more and more addictive because they have good acting skill.basically i like singer who can act.luckily my bias is the best actress among all idol.lol..

• 2 weeks later...

I can say that Im SONES.. I Love SNSD..then I just know about T-ara after watching invincible youth.. after that,I watch Eunjung in WGM... i thought that maybe T-ara is interesting..I started to find more about them... Then now.. I love them all after watching their rality program like HELLLO BABY, T-ARA.COM and etc...

But im still a SONES and also T-ARAFANS !!!

Like so many others here, i first got into kpop because of SNSD's 'Gee'. I was extremely bias towards them and would laugh at the thought of another group surpassing SNSD as my fav girl group. That was until i fell in love with 2NE1. I thought they were the best group that could possible come out of korea and my previous feeling about SNSD soon manifested themselves in my love for 2NE1. Yet it all changed when i started watching the show 'Heroes' and totally fell in love with jiyeon . I decided to check out mv's and vids about t-ara and before i knew it not only had they become my favorite girl group, they became my ultimate bias in kpop. Hopefully it stays this way, as i just can't help but love every member, but who knows what the future might bring. But for now i am and hopefully will remain a Diadem(or whatever they decide to dame the fanclub) biggrin.gif T-ARA HWAITING!

[quote name=:P Jiyeon' timestamp='1323070395' post='288826]

I'm same with junichi8369

1st was SNSD

Now is T-ara

me too ...

Gee is the first song i know from SNSD, and i was soshified for several years, but after i saw Roly-Poly in my local TV channel (Music Bank) 2 months ago, now im a T-ara Diadem and I skipping SNSD's song from my playlist

• 2 weeks later...

well... i might be the only exception t-ara was the first kpop group I heard/saw with Lies, on 2010 and from a couple months back i knew about miss A and then SNSD, with youtube on the recomendations sidebar xD.

and here so far kpop is not that well known so dont have many people to talk to it.