Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Do you want T-ara to go solo or do sub-unit?

arcadey

• 1 month later...

No. I am and will always be against the idea of sub-group. It doesn't do anything except creating gaps between the members. If only some members can release an album while the others aren't, that's unfair for the rest. The group were created already with the intention of having one member compliment another, or so I think. Now, granted that if sometime in the future T-Ara members all go separate ways, then solo releases will be welcome. Otherwise I see no need of sub-group within a group...especially if the group is not big (in term of members number).

No. I am and will always be against the idea of sub-group. It doesn't do anything except creating gaps between the members. If only some members can release an album while the others aren't, that's unfair for the rest. The group were created already with the intention of having one member compliment another, or so I think. Now, granted that if sometime in the future T-Ara members all go separate ways, then solo releases will be welcome. Otherwise I see no need of sub-group within a group...especially if the group is not big (in term of members number).

Isn't there already sort of a gap between the members? Jiyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin recieve much more spotlight then Boram, Qri and Hwayoung do (Soyeon is kinda there in the middle).

I didn't care for subgroups but then I thought if they ever did something with just Soyeon, Boram, Qri and Hwayoung, it'd definitley give them a boost.

It doesn't necessarily have to be like a full fledged subgroup (truthfully I'm not too keen on subgroups anyways) where they even release an album or such. It could only be just one song and under the name T-ara. Something like TTL, where only Soyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon had parts.

So yeah, something like that would be cool. Otherwise, don't really want a sub group. Solo; that's really up to their choosing, wouldn't mind either way.

Isn't there already sort of a gap between the members? Jiyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin recieve much more spotlight then Boram, Qri and Hwayoung do (Soyeon is kinda there in the middle).

I didn't care for subgroups but then I thought if they ever did something with just Soyeon, Boram, Qri and Hwayoung, it'd definitley give them a boost.

It doesn't necessarily have to be like a full fledged subgroup (truthfully I'm not too keen on subgroups anyways) where they even release an album or such. It could only be just one song and under the name T-ara. Something like TTL, where only Soyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon had parts.

So yeah, something like that would be cool. Otherwise, don't really want a sub group. Solo; that's really up to their choosing, wouldn't mind either way.

yeah but isn't that the same case for every single group out there? I mean let's face it, most of us have bia; we tend to like some better than the other. So it can't be help regarding the popularity of each member since...people like who they like.

Making subgroup of the "less popularity" members isn't really in my taste. Sure, I'd love it if they (the not so popular) can gain more attention like their fellow members, but then again, I'm not going to lie, I'd be disappointed at the same time because my bias member isn't promoting as well. Follow that logic, that means the other members who aren't in that "less popularity" will most likely be promoting before/after..if not, at the same time as the other subgroup (otherwise there would be lots of disappointment. I'm not extreme fans, so I can say that I'm 90% sure that the disappointment part will be true) ...which really makes no improvement from promoting T-ara itself.Same thing with solo albums. Now granted if a certain member got casted to feature on another group's mv, then we have no say in that. Otherwise I'd like if all T-ara members can participate together in their singing career under T-Ara (if they are no longer in T-Ara..well then like I said before, solo is welcome by any mean).

In the end, nothing will improve by making subgroup, it will create a bigger gap. (all these are my logics. They're not facts. Don't be too harsh on me if we don't agree on this :huh: )

yeah but isn't that the same case for every single group out there? I mean let's face it, most of us have bia; we tend to like some better than the other. So it can't be help regarding the popularity of each member since...people like who they like.

I'm not refering to their popularity though but the attention they recieve from their own company. Obviously if they recieved more attention, they'd recieve more recognition and thus further popularity. So I didn't mean to say giving attention to those who are less popular, but giving attention to those who are not recieving proper attention to begin with.

Making subgroup of the "less popularity" members isn't really in my taste. Sure, I'd love it if they (the not so popular) can gain more attention like their fellow members, but then again, I'm not going to lie, I'd be disappointed at the same time because my bias member isn't promoting as well.

Well, Qri and Boram had no part in TTL (other than the MV), the recieve few lines and sometimes none at all in some songs. Many fans, not just those who are bias to these two, are already left dissapointed that these two are in a sense 'left out'. The others, specifically Jiyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin, already recieve much attention not just in their music but sperate activities such as dramas and movies and such. Wouldn't you think, if at all, there's already a dissapointment amongst the fan because of this?

Truthfully, if they did a song like TTL (where some members weren't included) that featured only Soyeon, Qri, Boram and Hwayoung and but not my own bias Hyomin, I'd still be happy that these members are recieving attention and in the end it's still T-ara.

I don't think a fan of, say, Jiyeon would be upset if Qri had a song for herself. Don't you think they'd support her instead (unless they only care for Jiyeon and the whole of T-ara lol)?

Follow that logic, that means the other members who aren't in that "less popularity" will most likely be promoting before/after..if not, at the same time as the other subgroup (otherwise there would be lots of disappointment. I'm not extreme fans, so I can say that I'm 90% sure that the disappointment part will be true) ...which really makes no improvement from promoting T-ara itself.

Do you mean like in a serpate sub project? Mmm, I don't think they do that anyhow, would seem kinda unnecessary as the one that are already recieving much attention are, well...basically already recieving much attention to begin with. If you're refering to other activities like dramas and such, well they're already doing that.

If they wanna promote T-ara as a whole, wouldn't it be better accomplished if all the members were promoted?

As such, if these members whom I mentioned previously recieved a song for themselves (under the name of T-ara), I'd be happy. I don't feel it'd cause any gap (if anything, it'd diminish the current gap) as it is a promotion for T-ara itself. 'Side, it's not like the others haven't done songs on their own already. Soyeon and Jiyeon did an OST together. Seperately they've done OSTs as well. Hyomin had Beautiful Girl. Aside from TTL there was as well Women's Generation.

#1 First Post

Hey, this is the first of fifty posts that I need to make to be able to watch subbed videos. I did this once before for soshified.com and now I'm doin git again for tiaradiadem.com. Well, I think going solo depends on whether any of them are interested. T-ara members don't need to go solo because they are already very successful and should stay together.

@craZy:

1. CCM are business people. They aren't like us who think life should be fair to everyone. They will go with the methods that yield more profits. That's a given. I'm not a business person so I can't say what sort of strategy they are planning, but I can say that it is working. One thing that my college professor told me that I (and probably you too, have to admit that it's true): for most people, if they find a method that work, they will not go out their way and find other method that also work...why you ask? Because the first method worked.

2. TTL was catchy, I'm not going to lie, but I didn't like the structure behind it. Yes it was because they only have some members while promoted it as T-Ara. Of course it still worked, because those were the most popular members within T-Ara. There are no such thing as receiving too much attention in the entertainment industry (assuming the attention were positive). But I still don't like it; Boram and Qri clearly got left out in this case because they are also T-Ara member. Women's Generation with JiYeon is another story. They promoted it as Davichi, SeeYa, JiYeon (T-Ara). It is understood as JiYeon OF T-Ara, not T-Ara itself. Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I specified why I didn't like solo/subgroup ( I'm actually against separately promoting with the name T-Ara)

3. I would be totally fine, if CCM decided to switch their mv structure around by giving the less popular members a lot more screen time. I'm not against this one bit. Although, it goes back to my 1st point and whether they would take that risk or not.

I don't think a fan of, say, Jiyeon would be upset if Qri had a song for herself. Don't you think they'd support her instead (unless they only care for Jiyeon and the whole of T-ara lol)?

I can tell you that right now, I've seen this (not just in diadem but in Soshified as well) that there are members who are fans (assuming they aren't antis, I don't see why they would join a girl group's fan site just for one member), but only support certain member. We tend to believe that all fans have common motive, but that is totally wrong. For those extreme bias people, the chance of them buying a T-ara album, or their bias' s album, is much more likely than if it was of another member's album that they happen to not adore very well.

But yeah I guess I wasn't clear enough on my explanation. They can do subgroup or solo for all I care, just not under the name T-Ara. Like After School, they have a subgroup, but they don't call themselves After School. They called them Orange Caramel. I wouldn't mind if T-Ara decided to do the same, but will the result be what we expected (the less popular members will gain more public attention)? I can't say for sure.

^ Oh it's already understandable that CCM will likely not take this route but if it was something they went for, I think it would be supported by fans and it in no way can cause any detriment to T-ara as a whole.

Oh and you're right, CCM is a business but I wouldn't completely agree that they would stick to one method. As a business, they are to make money. Sticking to one method would see to a consistent inflow of money. It is not necessary to find other methods, but as they are a business, it is not unlikely they will not consider other methods. For example, sending T-ara to Japan. There would be no loss if T-ara didn't go to Japan at all, however as Hallyu is increaing in Japan, along with T-ara's own popularity, they had to cash in on it.

But that's up in the air as how CCM does their business.

In regards to your third point, I think CCM might be open to taking those risks considering Qri is now playing a primary role in the Cry Cry mini drama. They possibly did this after they saw the response Qri recieved after the Hallyu Dream concert, but either way, I am definitley seeing a whole lot more appreciation for Qri now days compared to before. Same goes for Hwayoung; she wasn't a part of the MV but just the drastic change in her look caught everyone's eye and recieved a great response. :]

can tell you that right now, I've seen this (not just in diadem but in Soshified as well) that there are members who are fans (assuming they aren't antis, I don't see why they would join a girl group's fan site just for one member), but only support certain member. We tend to believe that all fans have common motive, but that is totally wrong. For those extreme bias people, the chance of them buying a T-ara album, or their bias' s album, is much more likely than if it was of another member's album that they happen to not adore very well

Oh I don't doubt that at all, but I can say for certain it doesn't lie in the majority. If a member released a solo album, then yes a fan of T-ara may possibly not buy it if this member is not their favorite. Though in regards to releasing something under the name of T-ara with only certains members, it is not unlikely some, who's favorites aren't included, will not buy the song but there still will be many who will who wish to support T-ara as a whole. Myself for example and many other T-ara fans I know.

So yeah I understand your point about being against only some members promoting with the name of T-ara, I'm simply saying if it was done again, even if there would be no gain, there would be no loss.

I'm trying to write short answers but it seems I'm currently failing, lol.

If a member released a solo album, then yes a fan of T-ara may possibly not buy it if this member is not their favorite. Though in regards to releasing something under the name of T-ara with only certains members, it is not unlikely some, who's favorites aren't included, will not buy the song but there still will be many who will who wish to support T-ara as a whole. Myself for example and many other T-ara fans I know.

So yeah I understand your point about being against only some members promoting with the name of T-ara, I'm simply saying if it was done again, even if there would be no gain, there would be no loss.

I'm trying to write short answers but it seems I'm currently failing, lol.

Totally agree.

• 4 weeks later...

I would not agree if the purpose of having a sub-group is for the sake of profit by having the most popular members to be in that group. There's a possibility that a member with talent will be ditched out because they're not as popular. What I want to see is qualIity but I doubt that will happen as CCM is after all is after the money.

I want Jiyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin to have a subgroup together. They seriously rocked I Go Crazy Because of You, because they sang the most. They were so sexy, and that is one song that seems like it was made for the original T-ARA members.

I also want Soyeon to go solo, her voice is fabulous! Her solo for Goza was breathtaking, and more songs like that need to be released. I want her to have a duet with a male kpop star too. I'm thinking Woohyun from Infinite. I think their voices would match well together.

I'd want the least popular members Hwa Young, Boram, and Qri to do a sub-unit. I think that'd be pretty interesting.

Then again, i want to see Hwa Young with Eunjung because they're both rappers and can release this hip-pop song that showcases their rapping skills. lol.

I don't have a problem with sub-units. They're sometimes fun and interesting to watch (: