Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Do you want T-ara to go solo or do sub-unit?

arcadey

I want them to be toguether for ever, but i think i would love to listen to Eunjung voice solo so much, i would enjoy so much she singing,dancing by herself on stage.

i think the only two in T-ara who can go for a solo career are Eunjung and Soyeon. Soyeon because has the vocals but i think she lacks of charm, but i think her good vocals could do enough.

And Eunjung for me is the complete artist, she has it all, Vocals( to sing and even rap so fierce), dancing, personality , charm. self confidence, acting, speach, beauty. She has everthing.

and the other memers i think are god as T-ara , but i can´t imagine T-ara without Eunjung.

I'd want the least popular members Hwa Young, Boram, and Qri to do a sub-unit. I think that'd be pretty interesting.

Then again, i want to see Hwa Young with Eunjung because they're both rappers and can release this hip-pop song that showcases their rapping skills. lol.

I don't have a problem with sub-units. They're sometimes fun and interesting to watch (:

I like your idea about Boram, Qri and Hwayoung, that´s nice. And Hwayoung with Eunjung, just for one song in T-ara album.

As long as they stick to their characters/roots I don't mind solo/ sub-groups. I don't want them doing what JYP is doing to Hyuna.

I'm confused by this statement. Hyuna had to leave Wonder Girls and JYP Entertainment quite a while back. And I'm assuming you mean the way Hyuna did her solo activities because of how you said "JYP is doing to Hyuna". So unless there's some kind of other things going on between Hyuna and JYP Ent. that I don't know about, Hyuna was solo under Cube Entertainment.

Back on topic: I think that a sub-unit could do wonders for T-ara's popularity. It would be very important that the members who do a sub-unit have their schedules reduced, however. Also, T-ara has a few options to choose from for a sub-unit.

One option for a sub-unit could be a vocal group with Soyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin. This could bring attention to their ability to sing, and there would be more traffic to T-ara. It could also give them more time and practice to improve their vocals even more.

There could also be a rap sub-unit with Eunjung, Hyomin, and Hwayoung. Eunjung and Hyomin are already very popular so this sub-unit would already bring in listeners for the two of them. From the reason stated previously, it would inevitably give Hwayoung a good chance to showcase her ability to rap, thus giving her more fans.

And the final option I can think of is to have a sub-unit of Qri and Boram, and maybe Ahreum or Dani. Both Qri and Boram have made huge improvements in their vocals since their early debut days. To have a sub-unit with them would allow them to improve more. It could also bring in more fans for the two girls, which they don't have a whole lot of in comparison to Jiyeon or Hyomin. Putting Qri and Boram in the spotlight could do good things for them. I personally think this sub-unit would be risky, depending on Qri and Boram. Because of where they are in terms of popularity, and because of how they're both shy, it might not be very successful. It's possible that it might hurt Qri or Boram personally.

I used to be against this because I thought that if CCM did this, they'd just forget about the rest of the members, but then I realized they kinda already do it. First it was TTL and then WWIL, and both worked.

The thing about a Soyeon-Hyomin-Eunjung sub-unit is that since dancing is not Soyeon's forte, they'd probably give them an OST ballad or something. Which is great to show off their vocals, but they already did it with WWIL.

A Jiyeon-Eunjung-Hyomin one would be probably awesome, but they're the most popular members already and I'd prefer it if they muixed it up, one unpopular member + one popular member to help them grab the spotlight. Like... a Jiyeon/Hwayoung sub-unit? idek lol (I don't care if they aren't the best singers, Hyuna goes solo all the time for example, and she's succesful).

If it's a solo project, I wouldn't mind Eunjung, Jiyeon, Hyomin, or Soyeon solo songs... they'd probably give Soyeon another ballad though... I'm already seeing it LOL

Ooooh, if it's a rapper thing, maybe include Boram as one of the rappers. Her rap voice is so good, seriously, I love her in TTL T-ara version and in Ma Boo. CCM should really consider giving her that focus.

the TTL group is the best, and i doubt KKS will ever make a subgroup consist of Boram, Qri and Hwayoung cause they're not that popular yet and we all know KKS will only do what brings him money the most ... the sad truth, but i know the TTL group will definitely be success, hell they're like 90% of t-ara, they sing almost every lines in everysong, but t-ara as a whole is still the best

I wouldn't mind a subunit, but Jiyeon, Hyomin, and Eunjung don't really need the exposure. I'd much rather see Qri, Boram, Soyeon and Hwayoung in one instead. It'd be quite perfect if you think about it...Qri and Boram could sing the less demanding lines during the verses while Soyeon handled the ad-libs and chorus. Hwayoung could do the raps. No Areum simply because she's still new and kind of riding high on the public interest from having just been added to the group.

For those in this thread saying it wouldn't work because these members are less popular, that's kind of fuzzy logic. A lot of sub-units are formed to increase certain member's visibility and popularity, especially in larger groups (Orange Caramel was done with this specific purpose; it was comprised of the latest additions to After School, not the most popular members). Plus it could be argued that Soyeon and Hwayoung have gained enough interest over the last few comebacks that they could probably bring some attention to the sub-unit. But trying to put already popular members in a sub-unit is asinine in my opinion, it would only be adding on to their already demanding schedules. Plus as many of you have mentioned CCM is a business, but I'm going to go a different route with it by suggesting that in order to fully maximize T-ara's selling potential as a group ALL of the members need to be featured in a prominent fashion, and by doing a sub-unit with some of the less popular members it would at least make them more known to the public, even if it wasn't a huge success. Orange Caramel sells peanuts when it comes to their physical sales, as do most other non Big Three groups nowadays; but they're still considered successful thanks to slightly above-average digital sales and diligent marketing on Pledis's part. I see no reason why with the right concept and the right song (some of the things CCM usually gets right) a BoSoHwaRi sub-unit couldn't achieve some level of success. Of course, this is not what I really want CCM to focus on right now, especially with the girls scheduled for so many comebacks this year as it is. A break is priority one still, although I don't see that happening any time soon.

Sub units can help bring up the underrated members ... i would love a Qri, Boram, and Hwayoung sub-unit .... the qri and boram "unnis" was amazing ... it was energetic and happy ... Qri and Boram can sing but other members shadow it ... i hope they get more exposure because they are getting older ... i want them to be as popular as the others before it gets too late

i think in the future ccm will make them into sub-unit. come on, even snsd made a sub-unit and ccm is just following trend shift... i personally love the ideas of sub-unit, as they can branch into another genre which them as six/seven/eight/nine/ten(?) can't do. i want a sub-unit with hyomin-soyeon where they sing r&b songs.

but considering kks... they probably pull out crap like making a sub-unit of "most diligent members" or maybe a sub-unit consist of new kids ahreum-dani-hwayoung. just to make sure the older members stay quiet and obedient.