Diadem Forums

[11.10.21] T-ara's notice about Japanese activities

nathaniel

[11.10.21] T-ara's notice about Japanese activities "carrying out promotion cycle to the best of their ability"

1319179568602.jpg

After breaking records and achieving #1 on the Oricon charts with their debut Japanese single, girl group T-ara's label has answered questions about their follow-up single.

T-ara's Japanese debut song, "Bo Peep Bo Peep" debuted at #1 on the Oricon weekly charts on it's first week of release. After charting in the top 10 for three consecutive weeks, on October 18th, T-ara have sold a total of 65,818 copies. They have the high possibility of being able to sell over 100,000 copies.

Japanese fans have asked "are there going to be no Japanese promotions for the song 'Roly-Poly' after it was revealed that the follow-up song would be 'yayaya' in Japanese and the Korean version of Roly-Poly being included in the single album as well.

1319179674592.jpg

It was said that 'Roly-Poly' would be the most suitable song for Japan with its uniform and outfit concept showing different performances, etc. and especially since it is another one of T-ara's hit songs that was composed by Shinsadong Tiger, the same composer for 'Bo Peep Bo Peep'.

T-ara's agency Core Contents Media recently said, "It isn't definite that we do not plan to have activities for 'Roly-Poly' in Japan, we only added in the Korean version as a b-side for now. We have still only in the early stages and have yet to pick out a song that will come after 'Yayaya'."

On the reasoning that their label selected "yayaya" as a follow-up, they said, "T-ara's Japanese record label made a strategical decision, and was very analytical about choosing it."

When they release "yayaya", it'll be at the same time as Namie Amuro and KAT-TUN release new songs. "T-ara has their own style and colors," they said, not being worried about the overlapping releases and activities but noting that T-ara will do to the best of their ability to fulfill their promotion cycles.

Meanwhile, T-ara will prepare for busy schedules by releasing their new songs "Cry Cry" and "lovey-dovey" in Korea in early November, and follow with their Japanese single album on November 30th in Japan.

Source: Nate

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like how they're sticking a Korean b-side onto the single. T__T I actually thought T-ara would promote Roly-Poly after but fair enough, if they don't think it'll do as well, then I guess it's for the best.

Seriously though, I would have liked to have seen another Japanese song on the yayaya single. :(

lol i was so doubtful about "yayaya" being the second japanese single, but if it's what the fans want, i guess the company can't do anything about it. so they've made the decision not to release a japanese version of "roly poly" AT ALL? i actually think the market might like it...

as for their korean comeback, i thought it got pushed back into mid-november? if so, does that mean they'll be promoting both in korea and japan at the same time? i really don't want these girls to be overworked because they already seem tired from the past few months of promotion. :(

hehe, i have so many questions...

I think yayaya is a nice fit for japan

let's hope that they are even more successful with this song than bo peep bo peep!!!

It's nice that they won't have as many japanese activites

that means they can rest more

Can't wait for their comback~

T-ara Fighting!!!

It would be good if they step away from turning the korean songs into japanese and have their own japanese single.. I hope they will release a japanese single sometime in the future.. However i am looking forward to their Black Eyes album, i hope it'll be a huge hit in Korea despite having SNSD and the others comeback around the same time..

EMI must have something up their sleeve if they themselves chose Yayaya. I imagine it's a song the Japanese fans would like.

Didn't think they'd be interessted in Roly Poly. Thinking about it, wouldn't be so bad to do that one as well.

true true they should promote yayaya and roly poly. but i feel like they're rushing japan's promotion a bit... and like condensing... although i do want them to comeback soon with cry cry and lovey dovey. i feel bad that i want more... =_= ... they need a vay-cay....

I think they were just waiting for the right time for Roly Poly to get a release. It'll be better if they will wait for a few months or a year, letting Roly Poly fever subside. It'll be better if then if after that span of time Roly Poly will resurrect LOL

Awww. Our girls are sooo busy!

:(

Anyway if they jumped straight to 'Roly Poly',

they wouldn't be able to go back to promote 'yayaya'

The fans would want the latest hit instead.

So please be patient Japanese fans!

They can't do everything all at once!

:rolleyes:

I really hope CCM will give them a nice break soon.

They truly deserve it.

T-ara :wub:

They spoke a lot but never really pin point to the justification on why they chose yayaya in particular
By "strategical decision" and "very analytical" they probably just mean that Yayaya, like Bo Peep Bo Peep, has a really obvious hook that Roly Poly doesn't quite have and the overall sound of the song is just a lot more catchy. Japan's music industry is more succeptible to that sort of music than even Korea and way more prone than English-speaking markets. It should do as well as Bo Peep Bo Peep, even without promotion.