Diadem Forums

[11.11.16] T-ara's full interview with Money Today Star News

nathaniel

[11.11.16] T-ara's full interview with Money Today Star News

gallery_2330_1512_27911.jpg

The seven member girl group T-ara expressed their feelings about coming back to greet their fans with 'Cry Cry'. On the 11th their new song 'Cry Cry' was released and rose to #1 on the music charts once again receiving a good response following the 'Roly Poly' fever that took over this summer. Members Jiyeon and Qri, etc. along with top actors Cha Seungwon and Ji Changwook appeared in the 15 minute 'Cry Cry' music video big scale production and as expected, heightened the fans' interest.

T-ara will be showing their first 'Cry Cry' performance through Mnet's 'M!Countdown' on the 17th. With their comeback activities soon ahead, they shot their dance version of the 'Cry Cry' music video in one studio in Kyunggi Namyangju early this morning on the 16th. The seven members met with Cwi Jaejin on the music video set and expressed the amount of confidence they had with 'Cry Cry' and talked about their future activities.

-Your thoughts about greeting your fans with 'Cry Cry'.

▶ (Eunjung) T-ara is a team that likes reversals. If 'Roly Poly' was an exciting song with a disco feel then 'Cry Cry' is a song that will be able to showcase a strong image on an upgraded level of 'I Go Crazy Because of You'.

▶(Hwayoung) I got rid of my long hair and had my hair cut short for the 'Cry Cry' performances so I'm looking forward to what kind of reactions I'll get from the fans this time.

▶ (Boram) After we wrapped up with 'Roly Poly', we worked really hard preparing for 'Cry Cry'. I hope everyone looks forward to it a lot.

▶ (Hyomin) It felt like we were coming back too soon after gaining a huge amount of love with 'Roly Poly', and I also worried about how we would be able to show a different side of ourselves in such a short period of time. However, since 'Cry Cry' has such a different atmosphere than that of 'Roly Poly', I gained confidence.

▶ (Qri) It's a song that's the complete opposite of 'Roly Poly'. We're also looking forward to this a lot as well since it's a song with such a different atmosphere.

▶ (Jiyeon) It's also my first time with a short-cut hairstyle with an androgynous image. The fact that the 'Cry Cry' music video received good responses is giving me strength.

▶ (Soyeon) We came out to greet everyone a little earlier than we thought. It's because we felt that motivated. We received a lot of love with 'Roly Poly' but we feel a special attachment to 'Cry Cry' because we participated in a lot of different aspects that dealt with the concept as we were in the middle of brainstorming for ideas. I feel like we can promote with more confidence this time, it feels like when we first debuted and were in the process of finding our own color.

2011111608313154982_3.jpg

- You'll be promoting alongside SNSD, Wonder Girls, and other top girl groups.

▶ (Hyomin) It'll be our first time standing on stage with SNSD as well as the Wonder Girls seniors. We're also motivated by that too. However, we have a lot of members with whom we're close with so we all feel like we can cheer each other on and hope for all of us to do well.

▶ (Eunjung) We're a group that goes through transformations on stage and showcase our acting accordingly, depending on the concept. Rather than thinking of it as a competition, our focus is more on presenting our charms on stage.

-'Cry Cry' rose to #1 on the day of its release.

▶ (Hyomin) I cried to myself on the inside when I heard the song got first. To be honest, it was really intimidating especially since SNSD and the Wonder Girls seniors were also coming out, but after hearing the news, I was able to practice even harder.

-If you were to give an explanation about the 'Cry Cry' dance.

▶ (Eunjung) The song is titled 'Cry Cry' so there is a movement where it looks like we're wiping our tears. The choreography is more powerful than ever.

▶ (Hyomin) If 'Roly Poly' was a dance to dance along with, this time it'll be a dance you will want to see. Really, it feels like I'm standing there holding a cane from start to finish. I took special note of it from seeing performances of 'Solid' seniors.

- The retro disco song 'Roly Poly' was one of the big hits this summer.

▶ (Hyomin) For girl groups, it's normal for a lot of the younger students to like us but after our 'Roly Poly' activities, we gained a lot of fans of the older generation. They seem to like us a lot whenever we go to events. I also heard that Roly Poly has also been receiving a lot of love from the mothers for it to be used as an aerobics song.

-There are also talks about how you all seem to be have been getting prettier.

▶ (Soyeon) 'Roly Poly' consisted of very active dance moves so that's why everyone lost at least 5~6kg at the most. It's the same case for this song as well. There's also that but our two maknaes are becoming adults soon and it feels like they've been getting prettier while they've been losing their baby fat.

-Jiyeon acted together with Cha Seungwon in the 'Cry Cry' music drama.

▶ (Jiyeon) I was a really big fan during 'The Greatest Love'. I was so happy to act with Dokkojin ahjussi. He was really caring starting from the first time we met and he would take care of every little thing. Really, I thought there would be a stuntman in this music drama that would fill in for me during the scenes where I got hit but since I had to do all of that myself, it was a little difficult (laughs). But I had really wanted to do the action scenes so it was fun.

2011111608313154982_4.jpg

-The Korean wave is spreading to a lot of areas, is there anywhere you want to go.

▶ (Soyeon) We've went to Japan so far but we are really interested in going to the States and to Europe.

-I heard that your Japanese debut was well-received.

▶ (Eunjung) KARA and the other seniors paved the way so well and I also think it's because a lot of the Japanese liked our cat concept for 'Bo Peep Bo Peep'.

-I heard you'll be absent for this year's end of the year ceremonies due to overseas activities.

▶ (Eunjung) It's really a shame that we won't be able to come to this year's award shows. We also feel apologetic to our fans. I hope they will be understanding and know that it's for us to be able to show even greater performances.

▶ (Hyomin) The fans seemed to feel really disappointed about it. They told me a while ago that they voted for us. We will definitely work hard to repay you with better sides of ourselves.

-Ultimately, what kind of girl group do you wish to become.

▶ (Hyomin) We want to be a chameleon-like group. Whenever we look at other senior groups, we think that they have a certain color of their own. We've had a lot of instances when even our fans have been shocked at how much we change. Cats, Indians, we also dressed up as guys and we've tried a lot of different concepts so on the way, we've gained confidence in transforming. We want to be a chameleon-like girl group.

-Your goals for the remaining of this year.

▶ (Soyeon) For me personally, my goal is to get my driver's license. And of course, focusing hard on 'Cry Cry' activities.

▶ (Jiyeon) I also want to get my driver's license before this year ends.

▶ (Qri) As the only member to have a driver's license, it's a pity that I don't have a car (laughs).

▶ (Hyomin) We have a lot of plans for this comeback. Korean and Japanese activities are already set and after 'Cry Cry', we're going to be promoting 'Lovey Dovey'. I hope all of these activities will pass by well. I also hope an official fanclub gets made soon.

▶ (Boram) I hope 'Cry Cry' activities will be carried out successfully. There's not much time until this year ends but I wish for every member to stay healthy throughout the whole year.

▶ (Hwayoung) I also want to get my driver's license together with Jiyeon. I also hope to receive as much love as I've gone through this shocking transformation.

▶(Eunjung) We're going to be going back to Japan after our 'Lovey Dovey' promotions so I hope everything turns out well. More importantly, staying healthy is the best.

Source: Nate

Translated by: maknaes. @ Diadem

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the translated. !!

kyuri go buy some car <3 lol for your answer.

but why suddenly soyeon wants driver license. she must be intend to buy own car :lol:

anyway

what i see is from T-ara they're not stuck with 1 concept and

always want something new and different.

Thanks for the sharing....

(Eunjung) T-ara is a team that likes reversals. If 'Roly Poly' was an exciting song with a disco feel then 'Cry Cry' is a song that will be able to showcase a strong image on an upgraded level of 'I Go Crazy Because of You'. Woh Strong image & upgraded level....great

So fun inteview...............^___^

" (Hyomin) The fans seemed to feel really disappointed about it. They told me a while ago that they voted for us. We will definitely work hard to repay you with better sides of ourselves".

Yeaaa,,,I do,,,I disappointed,,Do U guys??? But what we can do?? If T-ara need to rest and do another activity,,I,,we have to still support it,,,^___^ FIGHTING!!!!!