Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ/POLL] Do you think T-ara is going down the "wrong path"?

roboroach

Do you think T-ara is going down the "wrong path"?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Gone are the innocent days?

• Yes.
    • No.

Their debut song 'Lies' was pretty awesome, with their cute and innocent concept. But since then it has started to change. From TTL to Bo Peep, do you think T-ara's concept is changing for the worse? Their songs have changed more and more to dance/disco hits rather than songs like Lies, and maybe Apple Is A, as seen with in their album. Yes, they look more mature, but I suppose the cute/innocent concept works better for them?

Please post your comments!

No theyre not. Yes the BPBP was sexy but it wasnt them who was doing the scene. How can that count as "going down the wrong path" ? o,o So if they stay innocent forever, would you think they'd attract different fans? Of course not xD

But dont you think T-ara should set up a unique concept rather than following other idol groups just to attract fans?

Tell me 2 idol groups that you think they "followed" based on the album, BPBP and LTFT mv.

When all the girl groups were going fierce and stuff - 2ne1, 4minute, Kara, B.E.G, SNSD, the only one with the innocent image = TIARA.

Sexy image doesnt belong to anyone. Any idol group can go to sexy concept. <3

No theyre not. Yes the BPBP was sexy but it wasnt them who was doing the scene. How can that count as "going down the wrong path" ? o,o So if they stay innocent forever, would you think they'd attract different fans? Of course not xD

Tell me 2 idol groups that you think they "followed" based on the album, BPBP and LTFT mv.

When all the girl groups were going fierce and stuff - 2ne1, 4minute, Kara, B.E.G, SNSD, the only one with the innocent image = TIARA.

Sexy image doesnt belong to anyone. Any idol group can go to sexy concept. <3

Hahha okay. Thanks for your comments. Put this topic up just for spazzing ^^.

No any other looks attract me more than Jiyeon in Apple CF

so innocent snow white FTW!

I so agree with you ^^. JIYEON! <3. Wish she was back to her long hair though. That was pretty awesome.

I suppose this is why I posted this topic up in the first place. I miss the 'Lies' T-ara hahaha. Ah well.

If u can see, many groups are taking the sexy approach nowadays. And all the new songs... Well lets just say they are all similar, either sexy or overly cute-ish. What i think would be best is for a song where T-ara could showcase their vocals, and not just go with the girl group trends. I mean they did really well with TTL but BPBP and LTB don't sound as good, frankly.

agreed that jiyeon is kinda young for the sexy image.

but overall it works

She is young, but so far they haven't done anything that was really sexy. Everything is pretty tame; their songs, outfits, and clothes have never been overly sexy. It's appropriate for their age. The worst is probably the 19+ Bo Peep Bo Peep MV. But even so, none of the girls had anything to do with the inappropriate scenes.

lol wait am i the only who think they're still cute in both BPBP 15+ & LTFT mv?

sure some of the dance moves are pretty sensual but there are still a lot of cute scenes in both. plus, their voices still sound cute to me especially in BPBP.

which is just how k-pop works especially for girl groups. no matter how fierce one group is there would be at least 1 member or a couple scenes where they would just release their cuteness ;)

TTL was the only one where they went 100% fierce i think.

Definitely not . I mean yeah the music video for Bo Peep Bo Peep is extremely over sexual but, it's not them doing the

make out scene right? It just means that the girls are growing up. Guys nowadays are just perverts right <3 But yeah,

T - A R A F I G H T I N G !

i dont really think theyre going down the wrong path since they made two version of bo peep. the girls definatley changed their outfits and style but i dont think it was the wrong choice. at least we didnt see jiyeon making out in bo peep or any of the other girls. i love their innocent look tho but the right change is good. apple is a really suits the girls imo.

theyre style in their mvs are still pretty cute like in like the beginning and the couple shots in bo peep (15+)

in my opinion, they have no got rid of the innocent look completely. i mean they have songs still that keep an innocent/pure vibe. (like the beginning, apple is a, bye bye)

t-ara was originally innocent, pure and mature. i think that they've shed being pure - but kept being mature 100%. their bo peep bo peep video, they seem very mature and their outfits are sleek and not slutty-ish or anything to me, lol.

i'm sure they'll have new concepts as they progress - and hopefully they'll re-gain that lies concept again someday, though.

Guest GirlGotSoul

Again, I think what their company is trying to do is trying to sell T-ara as that typical group that you

see out there.. although I liked their ballad-style singing, I admit that most people prefer the dancy,

upbeat music over ballads. Sex DOES sell, if I were to be blunt. If T-ara has that sexy kind of MV,

then obviously people are gonna look and they're going to notice T-ara more because their concept

changed so drastically.

So, are they going down the wrong path? No, because this is going to gain them popularity and more

publicity. But I say that they're getting that publicity and popularity they need for the wrong reasons.

If they're going to sell themselves short and do something sexy, something they're not comfortable

with, then I think that's where they should draw the line.

eh? what is up with the wrong path? after this MV I still think they have that cute image... even in the 19+ MV, they only dance to that.. their expressions and movements showed aegyo and youthfulness in them~

if groups don't change concept in each songs they're promoting people will get bored sooner or later.. different colors different likes~

plus what we need in singers are their voices and I know they have them ^^

Hmm...No. I think they chose the right path. IMO, ballad / good-vocal group are always underrated. I think T-ara is doing it right. 2009 is the year of new groups and it's hard to stand out, esp. vocal group so i think Core Contents is trying to attract attention to T-ara first. Then, after people started to pay attention to our girls, they'll show how powerful their vocals are and convert people into fans.

Honestly, like many above me stated, they're not really sexy. The 15+ BPBP just show how cuteee our girls are. And the 19+ mv, *shrug* they're now even doing the hot scene. And the hot scenes just flashed on once in awhile.