Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ/POLL] Do you think T-ara is going down the "wrong path"?

roboroach

Do you think T-ara is going down the "wrong path"?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Gone are the innocent days?

• Yes.
    • No.

I think Core Media is smart to change Tiara image in order to sell. I love their innocent/cute concept of their debut, every group has to change soon or later. Of course Bo Peep Bo Peep MV is hot but It isn't the girls who play the scenes. Moreover Boram, Qri and SoYeon are old and may want something more mature. Even so, I am still quite upset to see them following this techno/dance trend because It's not really my type of music. So I hope they will be able to still have some songs which keep their old vibre.

It's true that SNSD comeback this summer with a more sexy/mature concept but It wasn't so radical as Tiara now and moreover I am not a fan of Genie lol. I would prefer see Tiara growing like KARA : more mature but still cute in the same time.

But the most important is that Tiara could do well with this new comeback and album...and It seems It works !

I would agree that they have changed their image alot. Honestly, its all about their appeal now.

TTL & TTL2 really pulled up their popularity in my opinion, probably because their image for Lies wasn't strong enough.

Now with Bo Peep Bo Peep & Like The First Time, I think they are continuing the strong impact for their image.

After all, I've heard opinions from others, some people think Lies make them a very "OST" group, like voices only, and not much of the image.

I guess the company is trying to change that?

Where they are now, I don't necessarily think T-ara is getting too sexy or anything. Sure, they are getting more mature, but they are still pretty wholesome and I don't think their music is getting to the point where it hides their awesome voices or cute personalities. They can definitely be mature and not going down the wrong path at the same time. Plus, like someone said before, there's nothing wrong with switching up their style a bit sometimes, like Brown Eyed Girls did. I don't think their music sounds too much like everyone else and they still have their image as a group intact. They didn't do a 180 change and still have mobility to come out with more ballad songs as well.

It's typical... seriously... Which girl group doesn't change their image this way.

So many of them (Girl bands) -out there. They Have to.

But- I liked their old image. Hope they can make some more "Lies" type of songs ^^

But in a more -appealing- way .. i guess. xD

Yes they are but the wrong path is the cute look. It seems desperate and fake. It was out and out cute...I hate it. I love the TTL look, I don't mind the sexy look as many of the girls are 20 something but baby Jiyeon. However their voices work well with the sexy concept. Whereas as the cute look their voices don't suit it, they are holding back their vocals and thats a waste of talent.

Have to agree that TTL was the song that pulled many people towards T-ara because i was one of them :P.

I think what they are doing now is quite good. Promoting BPBP first isn't a bad thing because it adds to the cute image of them, before promoting LTB soon.

Since it's their first album, i think they might be trying to figure out which path would work best for them :o

I like this image. I like Lies, and I like TTL.

But TTL wasn't innocent like Lies was, but it was still an amazing song, and the girls pulled off the concept really well.

The concept doesn't dictate the quality of the music.

Like the Beginning is an addicting song, but it's not trendy.

BPBP recently went sexy, but not trashy.

I think T-ara isn't really following a trend. I mean, look at TTL. They released a completely non-auto tune song when the rest of kpop was going crazy with auto-tone. -shrugs- I like the path that they're going ^^

Honestly, i think T-ara didn't moving into wrong path.

Trying new concept is much important to group like them since they still kinda new in this industry??

Better concept would promote them much more better...

People will get sick if just still to only 1 concept...

I am a diehard SNSD fan and I might be the first to say that T-ara's stage presence, singing, dancing, and song choice are the closest amongst other girl groups to being successful like SNSD. They can do both cute and sexy and they have good diversity. They have jumped into my top 3 girl groups