Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ/POLL] Do you think T-ara is going down the "wrong path"?

roboroach

Do you think T-ara is going down the "wrong path"?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Gone are the innocent days?

• Yes.
    • No.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lies was an cute, innocent and almost angelic look for them and while Bo Peep was more of sexy concept, the girls still remained cute. The adult version of the MV was really surprising for me because I wasn't expecting it but if you look at the dance and everything, it really cute. Like the First Time was more mature than Bo Peep and I love that song. Over all, I think their musical style has been mature since debut because they weren't running around singing cutesy bubblegum pop songs. Their album is amazing imo and it's because of that, it's not cute girly bubblegum pop.

I voted for yes, i perfer their cute innocent concept, esp when boram look so cute tat she is hard at being sexy.I was attracted by their Bo Peep Bo Peep deeply, however, going sexy isn't wrong as well, i like their perfomace of like their first time and the recent one... I just hope to see more of their cute side.

they shouldnt do cutesy. i just jumped the bandwagon off snsd for these girls recently. i thought lies was alright, reminded me a bit of older early mid 2000's kind of kpop style just with more up in the beat.

after wonder girls' tell me, everything went cutesy and im so sick of everything cutesy. hope these girls bring sexy back to the scene. and then maybe real r&b and ballads might come back too. i miss fly to the sky...lol

i think the whole idol scene is maturing from going into crazy mode starting in 2007. big bang, wondergirls, and SNSD started it and then it went into beginning (cute) with songs and then went into more kind of mature songs with BEG, 2NE1, After School, SNSD (genie), 2pm, and now KARA. Although SNSD kind of went backwards with Oh. But they will be switching to their dark concept soon. T-ara didn't really start with a cute concept. They really hit their stride with Bo peep, which was their cute concept. So it is almost like they had to go back and restart with a cute concept to gain massive popularity. My only concern now is that T-ara just debuted last year? They might be maturing a little too fast? Their new song is like black and white compared to Bo peep. And I feel like they ended bo peep promotions like a month ago. And that adult version of bo peep. I thought that was a fan made joke because it was so unexpected. I hope little jiyeon didn't watch it later otherwise she might need an explanation of what is going on. Although I don't understand why the girl was a cat but anyways...

they shouldnt do cutesy. i just jumped the bandwagon off snsd for these girls recently. i thought lies was alright, reminded me a bit of older early mid 2000's kind of kpop style just with more up in the beat.

after wonder girls' tell me, everything went cutesy and im so sick of everything cutesy. hope these girls bring sexy back to the scene. and then maybe real r&b and ballads might come back too. i miss fly to the sky...lol

I think we will start to see less kpop idols going forward. it kind of goes in circles. First there were no idols, then mid to late 90s to early 2000s we had the idols with HOT, SES, FINKL, Sechs Kiss, etc. Then it kind of faded away with the introduction of Rain, Boa, Fly to the Sky, etc. Then it started up again really with Big Bang, Wondergirls, DBSK, and SNSD. I would throw in Super Juniors but they didn't really hit their stride until the around 2007-2008 inmo. And now we are in idol crazy land. But as these current idols contracts expire and groups have issues like 2pm, DBSK, and such then we will probably start to see less idol groups again. And with less idol groups, you will see less cutsey kpop and more mature stuff. And then Idols will return because it is hard to ignore a group of like 4-12 really good looking guys and girls dancing around or ripping stuff off.

i voted no on this. i think that they should change their concepts too. i love all their concepts although bo peep was kinda strange. i think if it was just one concept wouldnt people get bored? wg is still stuck on their nobody concept and dont we all think they should change it up soon? so yea i think changing concepts is a good thing although it can be strange it still something new. and i'm in love with their new concept now!