Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ/POLL] Do you think T-ara is going down the "wrong path"?

roboroach

Do you think T-ara is going down the "wrong path"?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Gone are the innocent days?

• Yes.
    • No.

I don't think that they have gone down the wrong path.

The cute and innocent concept of a lot of girl groups in K-Pop usually annoys me so much.

I like the more mature and sexy approach that might appeal to a larger and older audience instead of just trying to win over teens. They come over as strong and independent women that don't need a man to be successful ( LOL i think i just unintentionally mixed some lyrics from different songs...it sounds so cheesy -__-).

I think it's a natural process that they are growing up and so is their music. I thought that they have a great mix of ballads but also up-tempo songs. I never understood why groups are put into stereotypes such as "dance group" or "ballad group", why can't a group do both?

T-ara is one of the girl groups that I really like ( and I usually don't like girl groups that much, or rather I don't like the music)

I think it's natural for them to be going for a more mature look,

most of the members are on their 20s already, so I think it's more suiting that they do something closer to their age than going all cute & innocent, even though nothing's wrong with the innocent concept..

I think whichever way they go, they can pull it off well...

Of course not. The reason why T-ara is my favorite girl group is because even though they are relatively rookies, they already have done more concepts and images that the older groups. I like their powerful concept best, though I leave each and every one of them in every concept!

No way!

I only noticed T-ara AFTER they changed concepts. Not BPBP, because that still has a cute feel to it, but songs like TTL, IGCBOY and I'm Really Hurt are the ones that won me over.

I love the fact that they're so versatile and can handle every concept thrown at them. For a rookie, the biggest challenge in my opinion is to appeal to different kinds of crowds and I think T-ara did that fairly well.

• 7 months later...

I wouldn't say they're going down the wrong path, they have better songs to promote but they rather promote the 'bad' songs or the songs that aren't that impressive, they have a lot of good songs but instead, they promote the ones that people find the least addicting.

For example, T-ara's most recent comeback is with 'Yayaya' right?

To be honest, I like 'Why Are You Being Like This?' better. It's more addictive and the choreography is not that boring. 'Yayaya' is cute and everything, but T-ara/CCM could have done a better job.

Well, you can't expect an idol group to be on the same path.

If you only do one kind of concept, then you're done. People love changes, changes mean more popularity.

And if T-ara only do innocent concept, people will get bored and leave them.

So, if their concept is going more sexier and sexier, it's for a good. I don't really like too if they sell 'sexiness' too much, but as long as it's in a minimum, I am okay with it.

P.S. Yayaya is a new kind of concept again, right? <3

Well , i don't think they are going down the "wrong path" . They are so many GirlsGroup out there and if they keep on sticking to the same concept , people will start saying "this is getting boring" , "WTH ? same concept again ?" etc. so they need to keep changing concept to let the people feel "fresh" and i don't think this is considered as going down the "wrong path" . instead , i find it new everytime they have a new concept . Anyway , this is just my point of view :(

Honestly, most of the girls are in their 20s. It's not the 'wrong' path, it's the logical path for them to take. They can't dress and sing like little girls forever, that would just be really awkward :D Tbh though they never really did that, Bo Peep was an exception but from the outset they've always seemed like a more mature group, with strong vocals etc, rather than a cutesy, girly group. Maturer concepts suit them better, especially the older members, but even maknae Jiyeon did really well on 'I go crazy because of you' and showed her more mature side.

I know all the perverted male fans would like to think they're all sweet, innocent and untouched, and many idol groups play up to that, but I like that T-Ara actually embraces their sexuality rather than shying away from it. Anyone who is too immature to deal with that can go listen to some KARA or SNSD lol (not hating, I love both of those groups too xD :D)

• 2 weeks later...

no, not at all. you need a variety of concepts to survive in this industry. i must say i liked their strong fierce and powerful concept of IGCBOY and that came later on. i can see why ppl might think YaYaYa was a trainwreck but i still enjoyed it, and i can see why T-ARA chose the song, it coudlve easily been a massive hit if SNSD released it. but no T-ara are talented and versatile, it would take a lot to bring these girls down or "head them down the wrong path"

i dont think there's such thing as a wrong or right path anyway

the concept changes depending on the songs they get

and since they're artists they should be capable of making a concept into their concept

i think its better to have changing concepts then to always sticking to one concept

it shows the audience the different styles they can tackle; without any trouble

maybe their song makes me thought that they're going down..

but seems that their fans were increase and they had received many awards..

they also increase their popularity through T-ara Dreamgirls,t-ara dot com..

i think they increased a lot..

• 1 month later...

I don't believe so, as time goes on usually every group starts off more cute then leads to something more mature. If they mix it up once in a while i think they should be fine. Yayaya is both a cute and mature concept so it's not totally different from wat they did in the beginning.