Diadem Forums

[12.01.13] T-ara's "Lovey-Dovey" drama music video ending explained, "Jo Sungmo d

nathaniel

[12.01.13] T-ara's "Lovey-Dovey" drama music video ending explained, "Jo Sungmo déjà vu"

1325484784_253810.jpg

Core Contents Media CEO Kim Kwangsoo reveals the secret behind the ending of T-ara's "Lovey-Dovey" drama music video.

T-ara and Davichi's company's CEO Kim Kwangsoo told the media recently, "The ending of T-ara's 'Lovey-Dovey' drama music video has the same concept and techniques as the ending of Jo Sungmo's 'To heaven' music video."

Jo Sungmo's "To heaven" music video was also a drama music video starring famous actor Lee Byunghun and actress Kim Haneul. In the ending scene, Lee Byunghyun is seen driving his car with tears streaming down his face to ultimately, his death (suicide).

CEO Kim Kwangsoo explained "T-ara's Jiyeon in the 'Lovey-Dovey' music video ending is a comparison to Lee Byunghun in the ending of Jo Sungmo's 'To heaven' video. We desired to make 'Lovey-Dovey' the 'Little To heaven' by using the same techniques."

Kim Kwangsoo helped create and manage Jo Sungmo's career, who is now known as a top singer in the industry. 13 years ago in 1998, Kim Kwangsoo revealed the faceless singer Jo Sungmo through the "To heaven" music video.

At the time of it's release, "To heaven" was widely loved by the public for it's compelling story, video and song.

Meanwhile, T-ara are currently taking the #1 spot in numerous video and song charts with "Lovey-Dovey".

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

so that's why i think the ending looked familiar. but i think it's not just from 'To Heaven'.. the ending is used in movies too.

i love the mv, though it's very long.

Kyuri does looked like Jiyeon in certain angles in there. but her height seems...? keke

These girls are on top of their career nowadays. Happy for them.

I hope T-ara became the most successful and best known girls grup. Especially for Jiyeon, i hope she will become successful actress.

Actually, after SNSD, T-ARA are the second most popular group in Korea. and yes I say that as a korean~ they're seriously popular!! SNSD, T-ARA, and WG are the nation's top three girl groups~ if we consider SUCCESS; 2NE1 and KARA would be in too :)

I absolutely loved this MV, and the ending was simply amazing! I had no idea about the allusion, but find that really cool, from a creative point! :) I cried at Jiyeon's amazing acting, and the song that played during the scene ("We Used to Love") perfected the atmosphere. Hopefully LD and the MV will get the recognition they deserve! T-ara fighting~ <3