Diadem Forums

[12.01.13] T-ara's "Lovey-Dovey" drama music video ending explained, "Jo Sungmo d

nathaniel

[12.01.13] T-ara's "Lovey-Dovey" drama music video ending explained, "Jo Sungmo déjà vu"

a>

Core Contents Media CEO Kim Kwangsoo reveals the secret behind the ending of T-ara's "Lovey-Dovey" drama music video.

T-ara and Davichi's company's CEO Kim Kwangsoo told the media recently, "The ending of T-ara's 'Lovey-Dovey' drama music video has the same concept and techniques as the ending of Jo Sungmo's 'To heaven' music video."

Jo Sungmo's "To heaven" music video was also a drama music video starring famous actor Lee Byunghun and actress Kim Haneul. In the ending scene, Lee Byunghyun is seen driving his car with tears streaming down his face to ultimately, his death (suicide).

CEO Kim Kwangsoo explained "T-ara's Jiyeon in the 'Lovey-Dovey' music video ending is a comparison to Lee Byunghun in the ending of Jo Sungmo's 'To heaven' video. We desired to make 'Lovey-Dovey' the 'Little To heaven' by using the same techniques."

Kim Kwangsoo helped create and manage Jo Sungmo's career, who is now known as a top singer in the industry. 13 years ago in 1998, Kim Kwangsoo revealed the faceless singer Jo Sungmo through the "To heaven" music video.

At the time of it's release, "To heaven" was widely loved by the public for it's compelling story, video and song.

Meanwhile, T-ara are currently taking the #1 spot in numerous video and song charts with "Lovey-Dovey".

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

but they're not lovers in the video i think they're stepfather and daughter

I like it but I guess they didn't think about the 2nd MV when they cast SeungWon because he really doesn't fit with the lyrics to lovey Dovey. Maybe if they had cast a young cutie like song JoongKi. Father killer turned Oppa/partner. Maybe even if his father killed her father (for some reason in kdramas that still brings on the hate). Then they grew up in an orphanage together. In fact their fathers killed each other..... They became runaways and self made assassins. Then the truth comes out and they turn on each other, only to spy each other in a club one day unable to deny their attraction the Lovey Dovey Dovey ensues (with accompnying bed/kiss scene) and all is well.

Oh my mind is filled with lovely images now

Oh yeah but otherwise I love Jiyeons acting in Lovey Dovey unfortunately she and EunJung really stole the lead roles in the MV. I wish Qri was doing more than just putting on the mean face.

• 2 weeks later...