Diadem Forums

[11.01.19] Chart Rankings - Billboard K-pop Hot 100

candy_floss

I'll copy and paste my post on the Hanteo topic:

Lovey Dovey topped the Billboard for the 2nd consecutive week:

http://www.billboard.../chart.php?en=1

Only 4 songs have previously done so: Davichi's Don't Say Goodbye (3 weeks) ; Huh Gak's Hello ; T-ara's Cry Cry and IU's You & I (5 weeks)

T-ara digital aggregate for Lovey Dovey on the Gaon weekly chart is about the same as last week: 40,870,822

From last year's standards, it is NOT that great. But Gaon standards seems to have change a lot in the new year.

Lovey Dovey has been downloaded about 1,190,000 times. It's ok after 2 weeks, we'll just have to see how long it is charting at a significant level.

MBLAQ is flopping really bad with It's War, it only grossed half of Lovey Dovey...

Roly Poly is still charting, about 22,000 downloads more this week!

Also:

Actually, T-ara is first on Hanteo's Yearly Charts! Here's the link:

http://www.hanteo.co...asp?part=singer

Based on the 2nd, Funky Town is already at more than 13k! T-ara is dominating both digital and physical charts since the beginning of the year.

Lovey Dovey doesn't look like it will be the "Hit of the year", but it still is a solid hit that could end up in the yearly top 10. I sampled Cry Cry downloads, it made about 200,000 more than Lovey Dovey with 4 days more. So Lovey Dovey is just as big a hit as was Cry Cry. The only difference is that there is absolutely NO competition now, and that November/December was just one of the worst time of the year, with SNSD, WG and IU comeback.

Lovey Dovey doesn't look like it will be the "Hit of the year", but it still is a solid hit that could end up in the yearly top 10. I sampled Cry Cry downloads, it made about 200,000 more than Lovey Dovey with 4 days more. So Lovey Dovey is just as big a hit as was Cry Cry. The only difference is that there is absolutely NO competition now, and that November/December was just one of the worst time of the year, with SNSD, WG and IU comeback.

agree!

cry cry can't win because of the competition...

but still, it can compete with SNSD, WG, and IU which the fandom are much bigger!

agree!

cry cry can't win because of the competition...

but still, it can compete with SNSD, WG, and IU which the fandom are much bigger!

I think, with time, people will forget how "great" Cry Cry has been for T-ara. Just because it was stuck between Roly Poly and Lovey Dovey which will be one of the group most successful song "on TV shows".

Cry Cry has sold extremely well, considering it was supposed to be a "follow up". It already break 3 million downloads, it is indeed one of the 10 best songs of 2011. In 2010 only 6 songs broke the 3 million download mark.

But more than that, I think T-ara gained much love and respect from people, due to their live performance, MV and So Yeon's vocal.

It really rank low on my T-ara's favorite list, but I really think, more than Roly Poly, it was Cry Cry that put T-ara on the map.

I think, with time, people will forget how "great" Cry Cry has been for T-ara. Just because it was stuck between Roly Poly and Lovey Dovey which will be one of the group most successful song "on TV shows".

Cry Cry has sold extremely well, considering it was supposed to be a "follow up". It already break 3 million downloads, it is indeed one of the 10 best songs of 2011. In 2010 only 6 songs broke the 3 million download mark.

But more than that, I think T-ara gained much love and respect from people, due to their live performance, MV and So Yeon's vocal.

It really rank low on my T-ara's favorite list, but I really think, more than Roly Poly, it was Cry Cry that put T-ara on the map.

agree with you..

tbh, i love cry cry more than lovey dovey (i love all of their songs though)

i always thought that people don't like Cry Cry because it didn't win much except in MCD...

but after reading most comments, it turns out that it is not that Cry Cry isn't popular...

it failed to win because of the competition...

and thanks to you, now i know the real achievement of Cry Cry =)

i agree when you said that they gain much respect from people...

lots of my friends started to love t-ara after roly poly...

and cry cry add up the heat!

cry cry concept is unique and different from all the other kpop groups..

agree with you..

tbh, i love cry cry more than lovey dovey (i love all of their songs though)

i always thought that people don't like Cry Cry because it didn't win much except in MCD...

but after reading most comments, it turns out that it is not that Cry Cry isn't popular...

it failed to win because of the competition...

and thanks to you, now i know the real achievement of Cry Cry =)

i agree when you said that they gain much respect from people...

lots of my friends started to love t-ara after roly poly...

and cry cry add up the heat!

cry cry concept is unique and different from all the other kpop groups..

To be honest, Kim Kwang Soo is really a GENIUS!

I think promoting Lovey Dovey right after Roly Poly could have had a negative effect. Most haters were picking on T-ara for their weak vocals during live stage. Lovey dovey is not the song to showcase great vocal. People would have just say "T-ara can't sing live". But now, nobody says so because of Cry Cry live perf which were fab.

It really was a smart move! Well done CEO!

If you want to know about Cry Cry "ranking", it was the 4th biggest song of the winter. IU's You & I is above it all, then there's WG Be My Baby who did great or The Boys (depends if you count album sales which were astonishing for The Boys) and then, there's T-ara's Cry Cry.

Troublemaker is 5th but really farther behind, though it is still charting very well.

Cry Cry's downloads are similar, or even better to those of The Boys, and they're lacking about 200,000 downloads on Be My Baby which I doubt Cry Cry will ever overcome. Every week for the last 5 weeks, Cry Cry has gottent about 40,000 downloads more than Be My Baby, but downloads are slowly going down. Be My baby had too big an advance at first.

But then, if you count album sales, there is no match: T-ara killed WG!

Black Eyes sold 50,000 copies, and there's rumour Funky Town has sold 14,000 copies in Japan, just yesterday. Today, its sells are also above the competition, it might be Yesasia's sales, since the album is ranked 1st on it.

I don't know how many albums were sold of Funky Town so far, but it's between 14,000 and 30,000. It's crazy! Considering it's a repack! So far, T-ara is physical and digital charts best seller of the year! Crazy feat (which won't last of course)

To be honest, Kim Kwang Soo is really a GENIUS!

I think promoting Lovey Dovey right after Roly Poly could have had a negative effect. Most haters were picking on T-ara for their weak vocals during live stage. Lovey dovey is not the song to showcase great vocal. People would have just say "T-ara can't sing live". But now, nobody says so because of Cry Cry live perf which were fab.

It really was a smart move! Well done CEO!

yeah..true!

though KKS overwork t-ara, but he's a genius..

i like the way CCM release the MV..

besides, the collab between T-ara and Davichi show T-ara's vocal ability!

yeah..true!

though KKS overwork t-ara, but he's a genius..

i like the way CCM release the MV..

besides, the collab between T-ara and Davichi show T-ara's vocal ability!

True! I forgot about that one haha! I've been wishing since the end of Wonder Woman promotion for a new all-star collab. So happy they finally did it, after 2 years of wait;.. and with such a great song! (but which CCM song isn't great? haha)

True! I forgot about that one haha! I've been wishing since the end of Wonder Woman promotion for a new all-star collab. So happy they finally did it, after 2 years of wait;.. and with such a great song! (but which CCM song isn't great? haha)

ccm always let their artists help each other...

and their collab are always epic!

TTL, TTL2, Women Generation, Wonder Woman,We Were In Love

and yeah, CCM's songs are all great!

If you want to know about Cry Cry "ranking", it was the 4th biggest song of the winter. IU's You & I is above it all, then there's WG Be My Baby who did great or The Boys (depends if you count album sales which were astonishing for The Boys) and then, there's T-ara's Cry Cry.

Troublemaker is 5th but really farther behind, though it is still charting very well.

Cry Cry's downloads are similar, or even better to those of The Boys, and they're lacking about 200,000 downloads on Be My Baby which I doubt Cry Cry will ever overcome. Every week for the last 5 weeks, Cry Cry has gottent about 40,000 downloads more than Be My Baby, but downloads are slowly going down. Be My baby had too big an advance at first.

But then, if you count album sales, there is no match: T-ara killed WG!

Black Eyes sold 50,000 copies, and there's rumour Funky Town has sold 14,000 copies in Japan, just yesterday. Today, its sells are also above the competition, it might be Yesasia's sales, since the album is ranked 1st on it.

I don't know how many albums were sold of Funky Town so far, but it's between 14,000 and 30,000. It's crazy! Considering it's a repack! So far, T-ara is physical and digital charts best seller of the year! Crazy feat (which won't last of course)

Thanks for the acutal explanations.Didn't know that T-ara won WG in terms of Albums sales lol. :)