Diadem Forums

[12.01.25] T-ara's Qri turns down offer to star in "Rhythm and Police"

nathaniel

@Collar I do Agree, CCM's management kinda sucks, I'm really upset with the fact that she rejected the role, I think Kim Kwang Soo was afraid that if she also takes the role and have her own busy schedule there will be no more members left to perform but it still doesn't make sense.

T-ARA are shortly ending their LD promotions, in Feb. they'll fly to Japan to start promoting RP, if she takes the role it will be convenient to her; since it's a Japanese drama and since she'll be in Japan either way. That really sucks, snatching away Qri's rare opportunity to shine and giving it to another labelmate that yet haven't even made her debut.

If it was 100% Qri's choice then I respect it and I may say that she rejected it because she's busy with T-Ara's activities, alone, but if it was CCM's choice then I have no more words to say.

Qri's so sweet to give it to a fellow label member, especially one who hasn't debut yet (although she is already an actress, right?)~

I don't think it's only to do with the schedule, the health of the girls has recently hit quite a low, and pushing Qri to go overseas and back would defiantly not be beneficial to herself, more likely to be dangerous.

But damn I would have love to seen her act.

ok im sorry. but im going to rant here.

Hyomin, Jiyeon and Eunjung take acting roles and it ALWAYS interferes with their schedules. one of those 3 are always missing from a performance. 70% of the time when t-ara performs they are usually performing 6/7 members (or 5/6 before hwayoung). and during these times 2 of them were the leader.

now Qri gets offered a nice role, and she doesnt do it because it will "interfere" with her schedule? WHAT SCHEDULE?

the same ones hyomin and eunjung skip out on all the time?

and hyomin and eunjung are members of t-ara who actually sing more than one line. it's not liek Qri missing a few promotions would make that big of a difference. maybe she would get more lines if she was given her own chance to shine and be seen outside t-ara in a new light.

she gets a chance to get some solo promotions and she doesnt take it because she cant miss her stage performances where she will say the intro line to a song and then stand in the background with boram while soyeon jiyeon and hwayoung do the rest. (hyomin and eunjung wil be off filming their own dramas.)

i am angered by this choice and i think qri should have taken the role.

CCM get your managing skills together.

When I read about the news at first, I initially thought the same thing because she's one of the least busy members, but reading it again, it seems to be really a Japanese drama and not so much Korean, thus the travel between Korea and Japan would be significant despite T-ara's promotions in Japan. Maybe Q-ri saw how brutal Eunjung or Jiyeon's schedules were with acting roles and didn't really want to stretch herself too thin.

@Collar I do Agree, CCM's management kinda sucks, I'm really upset with the fact that she rejected the role, I think Kim Kwang Soo was afraid that if she also takes the role and have her own busy schedule there will be no more members left to perform but it still doesn't make sense.

T-ARA are shortly ending their LD promotions, in Feb. they'll fly to Japan to start promoting RP, if she takes the role it will be convenient to her; since it's a Japanese drama and since she'll be in Japan either way. That really sucks, snatching away Qri's rare opportunity to shine and giving it to another labelmate that yet haven't even made her debut.

If it was 100% Qri's choice then I respect it and I may say that she rejected it because she's busy with T-Ara's activities, alone, but if it was CCM's choice then I have no more words to say.

what you said in the last part is how i feel. i know i went off the handle a bit with my rant lol. but i agree if this is qri's decision alone and she feels like she cant fully commit to the role because of her t-ara duties then i fully understand. (like LordNoodles posted as well)

but i just have my doubts this was qri's decision alone.

if i am wrong then i am wrong but until i am proved wrong then i stand by how i feel. lol.

candy_floss, we can mention people now?

Or did u just hyperlink his profile?

It's pretty cool, though, to be able to mention people..

Haha

Sorry for digressing, I was shocked by this.

Copy username than post, it's hypelink, not metion

@Collar McPoppins and Soyah: The reason which CCM told dont convince me, actually. It's weird.

Of course we know Q-ri, Hwayoung and Boram dont take part in any show or drama. Meanwhile, T-ara are promoting in Japan so I think Q-ri acts in that drama is better right?

I'm big fan of Q-ri and I have waited for long time to see her have chance and..... omg

Both of what u said are all I want to say.

I was hoping to be able to watch Qri act in a drama and get the recongations like what hyomin,eunjung and jiyeon is getting from being a actress.It seems like the reason given by that news is abit "fishy"..maybe she had seen how tiring was to act and have to rush back to perform etc and also fly back and forth from Japan to Korea vice versa..

Can't wait to see the new girl group that CCM was preparing to debut since we already saw two of the members in lovey dovey Tokyo version mv.. :)

kinda dissapointed with this decision :( i think she should accept the offer, that could help her to shine more. i don't understand the reason behind this because imo jiyeon, eunjung, hyomin, and soyeon have the busiest schedule but CCM still accept a lot of offers that came to them. but why not qri ???

i guess the other reason because it would be difficult for qri if she must to go back and forth from korea to japan and vice versa :(

i hope korean ent. will give some opportunity for qri to show her talents more because i think qri is popular in japan rather than in korea.

i believe 2012 are T-ara's year so i think qri still has another chance :)

all the best for you qri :D