Diadem Forums

[09.06.06] Netizens Still Curious To Why and How J-Squared Left the Group

Elly

Netizens are still wondering as to why some of 5-member girl group T-ara's members left.

On the 3rd, representatives from M-Net Media had stated that, "T-ara's image is a friendly type of concept. However, the two members did not feel that they fit in it nor that it would appeal to fans no longer." They have also added that "In order to complete the concept once again, we will add two new members that will fit the member in a better way."

Accordingly, Jeon Yeongrok's (55) daughter, Jeon Boram (23) will be one of the members that will be replacing T-ara members Jiwon (21) and Jiae (23)

The sudden quitting of the members have shocked netizens and was completely unexpected.

M-Net had stated as well that "2-3 weeks ago, it was already mentioned about this. However, we cannot do anything about it even if we're against it as it was both members' personal decisions."

Furthermore, they have said that "Jiwon and Jiae will remain members of the M-Net Media agency. However, in terms of future plans for both artists, we do not know yet if there are any."

Meanwhile, member Jiwon had stated in her Cyworld Diary a few days ago that 'I have learned a lot. I had the courage to make that choice and I believe that it's the right choice that I made. Right now, it might be a difficult decision that I made, but I know that it'll make me a better person later on,' as a confession to why she decided to leave T-ara.

Jiyeon, Eunjeong, Hyomin, Jiwon, and Jiae had participated in a song for MBC Drama 'Cinderella Man's' OST called "Good Person". Although Jiwon and Jiae had suddenly left the group, T-ara will debut with an official single in July with their new members.

Credits: daum + mt + Elly (translations) + diadem5

--

that was a long-ass article! i almost died there.

though im still pretty sad about the 2 of them leaving, but still we as fans have to respect their decision and wish them all the best. I'll def. support them in the future.

For now, i cant wait for their official single.

-dies of anticipation-

awww im still pretty bummed about the fact that those two are leaving t-ara

its their decision to leave and i wouldnt want them to stay if they felt uncomfortable about the style

i cant wait for their debut in july!

thanks for the translations!

I still don't really understand why they left the group and I'm sad about their departure but if they have decided to leave the group we can't do anything against it. We should understand their decision and support them because It's their own life and moreover It's better for them to be happy than to stay in a group they don't feel comfortable in.

• 1 month later...