Diadem Forums

[12.02.10] Quick News - Funky Town sold 43,049 Copies in January

Malvius

[12.02.10] Quick News - Funky Town sold 43,049 Copies in January

Gaon has recently released its weekly and monthly charts. T-ara's 5th album, Funky Town, ranked 2nd on the Monthly charts with 43,049 copies sold. Black Eyes has also sold another 2.975 copies which brings its total to 51.180.

Altogether, T-ara has sold 94.229 copies of Black Eyes and its repack Funky Town.

As every month, T-ara has many album charting well. Roly Poly In Copacabana has sold another 1.586 albums and Breaking Heart 1.318.

Those numbers only account from January 1st to January 31st. Funky Town is still one of the best selling album out there, we can expect T-ara to soon cross the 100,000 mark for Black Eyes and its repack.

Source: http://gaonchart.co....album/list.gaon

This is fantastic considering FT is a repack of BE. I thought this number would have outsold BE but apparently BE is still selling.

So in month one FT sold 43K, it could be T-ara's highest album sales by end 2012?

I'll say that FT will sell another 20 to 30K by the end of the year, so yeah, it will be T-ara most sold album to date. I really didn't expect FT to sell more than 20k. 43K is REALLY a lot for a repack album. So great for them. They sell an average 50K per album now, it's amazing!

I'll also edit T-ara's other album sales.

(Thanks to the one who edited my title :) )

so,this is a great news right..i don't really understand about album selling..hehe..t-ara is the best for sure..

t-ara hwaiting..hope t-ara can get more awards this year..the most selling album or others..

Yes it is great. Last year, the only girl groups who crossed the 40k mark for an album are F(x), T-ara, 2NE1, Kara and SNSD. Even Wonder Girls failed to do so. Overall, T-ara completely outsold WG for their respective promotions.

In short it means that, not only T-ara is a digital monster, but they're becoming a physical monster as well.

INCREDIBLE!!!

You know what would be good?

If somebody here is knowledgeable of charts, and could get the album total sales for other girl groups like miss A, Brown Eyed Girls, Secret, 2NE1, KARA etc so we can compare how our girls T-ara rank compared to other girl groups in sales.

INCREDIBLE!!!

You know what would be good?

If somebody here is knowledgeable of charts, and could get the album total sales for other girl groups like miss A, Brown Eyed Girls, Secret, 2NE1, KARA etc so we can compare how our girls T-ara rank compared to other girl groups in sales.

I don't have the exact numbers anymore, but last year, T-ara, 2NE1 and Kara all sold about 150,000 albums. Then there was F(x) with 110,000 albums and the rest was all under 50K with After School leading the "bad" troops. Miss A is a poor seller, they barely sold more than 30k. WG also sold poorly, less than 40k. Brown Eyed Girls struggled a lot at first, but ended by selling over 40K.

If physical and digital are summed up, SNSD is still untouchable while T-ara is easily leading the second bash with IU and 2NE1. Kara is a bit farther behind, them and BEG are too poor on digital sales.

As of Secret, they are poor album seller. They only sell an average 15K of each album, but since they've released so many material last year, and that all their songs were major digital success (Shy Boy, Starlight Moonlight, Going Crazy and Love is Move who did just ok), they're doing pretty well.

Secret is an odd case. Shy Boy and Starlight Moonligth were HUGE successes, but their last album and its title song didn't do that great. It doesn't seem like the girls secured any ground of success with their hits. Like Miss A, they just have some casual listeners.