Diadem Forums

[12.02.14] T-ara, "It's fascinating to get a storm of sign request in Europe"

dianapetrina

PYH2012021310890099000_P2.jpg

"It was our wish to win #1 in charts, but we can also get a storm of sign request in Europe now. We are also fascinated of ourselves. Haha."

Members of T-ara (Soyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin) who calms the music industry with 'Roly Poly' and 'Lovey Dovey' said that while giving us a big smile.

T-ara had their goodbye stage on 12th February in SBS TV 'Inkigayo' and will go to Japan on 16th February. They will be there until 3rd March to promote their 3rd single album 'Roly Poly'.

We met Soyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin on 13th February and they said, "We promoted our albums for 10 months without rest so it was hard. But I think we got some recognition that is worth the hard work. So we are proud."

Soyeon: "We really run without rest for this 10 months. It reached 9 schedules a day when it's a busy day. We also had spent 22 hours out of 24 hours a day for schedules. Our fans were worried of us."

She continued with smile, "The fascinating thing is: We're tired, but we just won't sleep while we are moving place to place in the car. We will just chat in the car, to release our stress."

They killed all the charts since June with 'Roly Poly' 'Cry Cry' and 'Lovely 'Dovey'. But at the same time, they have to bear with their killing schedule.

But they are not lazy for their solo activities because of their greed. Eunjung was casted in JTBC Weekend Drama 'Queen Insoo', and Soyeon & Hyomin in musical 'Roly Poly'.

Jiyeon was casted in musical 'Roly Poly' and KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday Drama 'Dream High 2'.

They also have solo activities despite their group activities, are there no difficulties?

Eunjung: "It was harder because my drama is a history drama. I can't express the scenario or feeling well, so I was worried. But it was a fun experience. I first thought that my bed-scene will give a bad influence to my image, but thankfully everyone saw it with 'acting is just an acting' heart. Haha."

Hyomin: "Musical is harder because it's different with appearing in TV. We have to directly give the viewers a view of our real self. I had some hard times when I can't sing properly while giving more attention to my acting. But I gain confidence as I try. Thanks to it, I can stand on stage while promoting in T-ara with more confidence."

Soyeon said while laughing, "Hyomin acts like a musical actress in daily life. She makes everyone laugh with her hyperbolic gesture.

PYH2012021310880099000_P2.jpg

T-ara became a hot issue in this beginning of year because of their series of commitments. Their subway promise, until their voluntary promise, they fulfilled it all.

Eunjung: "We are a little shy to hear the word 'commitment'. We're happy to do some good works by commitment, but we just can't get a time out of our schedule. That's why we think it's easier if we make it as a promise to be fulfilled to our fans. We were able to finish our promotion with more meaning thanks to those promises."

Hyomin: "But there are also some bad points for calling it a 'commitment'. The voluntary venue was revealed in press, so it was uncomfortable for us and also for the elders who came to find us. So next time, we are planning to have a private voluntary work."

T-ara because popular since last year not only in Korea, but also overseas.

Their Japanese debut single 'Bo Peep Bo Peep' reached #1 in Oricon daily and weekly chart. Their 2nd single 'YAYAYA' also recorded the 4th place in Oricon daily chart.

They also performed for 'Music Bank' in Paris, France on 8th January with SNSD, SHINee, 2PM, and other singers too.

Soyeon: "It was our first time to perform in Europe, and we had many experiences before we came back. We went to Eiffel Top and people from England, Spain, Italy, etc actually recognized us. They also know our songs. We gave them our sign, and also took some photos with them. We could feel the pride as 'K-pop Singer' at that time. We felt as if we are a representative of South Korea."

Eunjung: "Even there is a fan who said that she watched We Got Married. I was surprised. At that moment, I thought that K-pop boom are really amazing. I also think that we have a chance to do more in the future."

Hyomin revealed their bold ambition, "We know that we're still lacking a lot of thing, but we become more greedy as we personally went to the local. We want to make a debut in Europe, America, and other places in the world if we have the chance."

PYH2012021310860099000_P2.jpg

What are T-ara's competitiveness in the eyes of the members?

Eunjung: "I think it's the Power of Transformation that we have. We tried so many concepts, that is not a typical girl group concepts. 'Roly Poly' is the type of song that elders would like rather than people these days. 'Lovey Dovey' also had a shuffle dance, that is different to the typical girl groups. I think that's why we are receiving some love."

Soyeon: "We said to the agency while joking, 'Can't we get a concept like other girl groups? Let's promote with an innocent and cute song' and they replied 'You guys don't match that kind of concept'. I think we are fated to have some eye-catching concepts, even in the future."

T-ara will also have their first performance in the US on April. They will perform in LA and San Fransisco with Yangpa and Davichi.

Soyeon: "We have a lot expectations since it's our first time. I think K-pop has also entered the US, so I hope we could get more recognition through this performance. I think it's a good thing to go to the US with a good feelings, we're lucky. Haha."

PYH2012021310870099000_P2.jpg

The target of greedy group T-ara is: 'Multi-player Group'.

Eunjung: "The more you get, the more you will be greedy. I think it's also happening to us. To be on the 1st place in chart was our wish before debut. But now we also have some greeds for overseas promotion, and also for acting.. We will work harder so we will be remembered as a group who is doing well in many aspects. Our goal is to hear something like 'We also have this kind of amazing group in our country'."

Source: Nate

Translated by: dianapetrina @ Diadem

No wonder getting 1st on charts isn't their goal anymore. T-ara spent over 100 days as chart leaders this past year. Debuting overseas can be dangerous though. I hope they will stay as a Korean girl group promoting in Korea for a long time. Going after SNSD isn't anybody's reach and its such a nice goal with a friendly competition.

Thanks for translating such a lenghty and good article.

What??? They will most likely perform in SF in April...but LA??? Any source on that LA performance?

Where have you been these past 6 months ? We know about this SF concert since October. It was set for early January but got delayed.

There you go : http://www.hellokpop.com/2011/11/11/ccm-takes-k-pop-to-san-francisco/

it's ok to be greedy ;) cuz that means more T-ara for us!! :D

"Soyeon: 'We said to the agency while joking, 'Can't we get a concept like other girl groups? Let's promote with an innocent and cute song' and they replied 'You guys don't match that kind of concept'. I think we are fated to have some eye-catching concepts, even in the future.'" I laughed when i read this xP T-ara is a unique group, and that's why i love them~ Can't wait to see their future concepts :)

But i do want to see them do a typical girl group song at least once xD

Where have you been these past 6 months ? We know about this SF concert since October. It was set for early January but got delayed.

There you go : http://www.hellokpop...-san-francisco/

Thanks for answering but you're not answering my question. I'm asking about the "LA" part that was stated in the article. Of course I know about the SF concert, I have 4 tickets sitting on the shelf here.

Still waiting to see if the staff can get some more info regarding that statement.

Oh sorry, my bad I misread you. I've heard something about LA but can't reember where. Wasn't it just a thought express by some member of the CCM crew ? I don't think there's actually a concert planned, it might be an event. Sorry I can't properly answer you then.

Thanks for posting! This is a very very nice read. It seems this interview was done in a light atmosphere and it was great to have a perspective of what their hopes are now, their future goals and their current condition.

"The power of Transformation" - this pretty much sums up T-ara's strength and this got them to be one of the top groups in Korea now.

Their company telling them they don't fit the cute and innocent song like other girl groups had me laughing. :lol: Well they fit all kinds of concept so I bet they could also pull off that one.

I also agree with Malvius. T-ara is now in the position to seriously contend with SNSD as the #1 Girl Group in Korea with all their nonstop release of hit songs. I hope they won't jump into the bandwagon of debuting in USA or Europe just yet.

There is a lot more in store for T-ara in the future with their positive attitude, charming personalities and talent. I'm so excited for them and their future activities whether a solo artist or as a group. Will be cheering and hoping the best for them as always. :)

Thanks for answering but you're not answering my question. I'm asking about the "LA" part that was stated in the article. Of course I know about the SF concert, I have 4 tickets sitting on the shelf here.

Still waiting to see if the staff can get some more info regarding that statement.

Wouldn't the LA part be the Korean Music Festival? isn't it being held in LA?

it's ok to be greedy ;) cuz that means more T-ara for us!! :D

"Soyeon: 'We said to the agency while joking, 'Can't we get a concept like other girl groups? Let's promote with an innocent and cute song' and they replied 'You guys don't match that kind of concept'. I think we are fated to have some eye-catching concepts, even in the future.'" I laughed when i read this xP T-ara is a unique group, and that's why i love them~ Can't wait to see their future concepts :)

But i do want to see them do a typical girl group song at least once xD

lol agree!

Proud of you all <3

keep going on our T-Ara!!

we will support you!!

because your transformation, hard work, struggle, and progress like nowadays..

makes us love you!! ^^b