Diadem Forums

[12.02.24] Quick News - Oricon CEO, "In the future, expecting T-ara to become popular"

nathaniel

[12.02.24] Quick News - Oricon CEO, "In the future, expecting T-ara to become popular"

2012022312591893821_1.jpg

Japan's Oricon CEO gave a rare interview after the K-pop Gaon Chart Awards.

- DBSK, Girls' Generation and KARA are singers from South Korea who have already became well-known names in Japan. In the future, which singers do you expect to become popular there?

▶ I was actually surprised at the award ceremony. There is a lot of Korean singers continuously debuting who are talented. In particular, it was the first time I saw a live performance of BEAST. All the members were impressive and unique. T-ara's dance-pop and visual concept are unique too. In the future, I expect T-ara to be gain popularity in Japan.

*left out every other part of interview*

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120224n04889

Credit: Nathaniel @ Diadem

There was also an article with Koh Koike, the CEO of Japan's Oricon, on the English Chosun and he was explaining his concern about the system really fast and this huge turnover with the Kpop groups.

I hope the girls and CCM will have enough time to build a fanbase strong enough in Japan in parallel of their Korean fanbase.

Their success in Japan will also depend of their success in South Korea and the creativity of work released compared to what Jpop Idol usually do.

My wish will come true...Hopefully T-ARA not just become a popular girl group in Japan (world wide also) not because their pretty damn beauty face but their multi-talented, having more quality songs/musics. my angels World Shining Crown Princesses, show haters that you can make it to big 3...

Again, never regret be a Queens/Diadems/Citrines since their debut..