Diadem Forums

[12.02.26] T-ara declares to stop acting in 2012

nathaniel

Happy and sad at the same time =) =(

"This year, T-ara will take a break from acting to focus on recording new music and focus on a more vigorous schedule in Japan."

Happy since they can focus on their music

But sad since they'll have "vigorous" schedule in Japan..and can't watch them acting

i prefer them to have more schedule in SK instead of Japan

i'm sad and happy at the same time. but this is good news, i guess, since they will (hopefully) get more time to rest and focus on their music. i hope eunjung will finally have some more lines to sing, like she used to...

i'm gonna miss their acting BUT i'm so excited about the new album!!

I'm all for T-ara to slowing down and giving them rest more than anything. If the stopping of acting gives T-ara breathing room for rest, then I'll all for it. I just hope T-ara's agency doesn't utilizes this time to push them harder towards their music, ie endless stage performances.

A few people posted that they're happy about this because now they can see all seven members now since there is no acting clashes. But the start of 2012 saw Jiyeon and Eunjung miss certain performances, not because of their acting but for fatigue and injuries respectively. So the acting issue doesn't really apply much there.

I also notice the word "break" that T-ara's CEO used, this brings up the question about what does that mean in terms of the expectations of T-ara in 2013? Will they go back to how things were before? Will they expect the same or better level quality of music after 2012?

I'm all for T-ara to slowing down and giving them rest more than anything. If the stopping of acting gives T-ara breathing room for rest, then I'll all for it. I just hope T-ara's agency doesn't utilizes this time to push them harder towards their music, ie endless stage performances.

A few people posted that they're happy about this because now they can see all seven members now since there is no acting clashes. But the start of 2012 saw Jiyeon and Eunjung miss certain performances, not because of their acting but for fatigue and injuries respectively. So the acting issue doesn't really apply much there.

I also notice the word "break" that T-ara's CEO used, this brings up the question about what does that mean in terms of the expectations of T-ara in 2013? Will they go back to how things were before? Will they expect the same or better level quality of music after 2012?

This is something I'm worried about too - Kim Kwang Su aka CEO of Core Contents Media did say that T-ara will be given a break 'soon' but now that he says they're going to be having a vigorous schedule in Japan, he's either lied about the break or pushed it even further away, considering that making a full album takes months at the least to make, and when it's released, T-ara will end up spending up to 1-2 months promoting the title track. Even then, he said the 'break' will last just 10 days - that's a complete WTF - only 10 days of rest compared to over 3 years of non-stop work. It's simply not fair - one may say it's even abuse.

I think he's conned everyone about T-ara having a break soon - the news did get around with the fans and to an extent, the general public that T-ara's being overworked and tired out - just to avoid himself and the company getting the blame, he then just says they'll get a break. Result? The whole issue just dies down as everyone believes what he says - including many of the Diadems here. I even suspect that Eun Jung was actually forced to some parts of her schedule after he nasty knee incident by CCM itself - something's simply just not right at all.

Hell, T-ara's schedule probably makes other idols' schedules look like your typical high school timetable.

it somewhat disappointing since i absolutely love the girls involvement in the acting industry (especially Jiyeon) but I definitely understand where the company is coming from, it seems like this is the best decision for the girls and they all do deserve a restful and more relaxed year :)

i'll definitely miss them in the acting area but can't wait to see the great musical promotions they have for this year :)

I'm glad that they won't be spread so thinly, but I hope this means that they'll have a year of acting :) since I know Qri, for instance, got an offer to act in a drama, but had to refuse since she had to participate in their music activities. It seems that T-ara has so much untapped potential!

I also hope Eunjung will still be on WGM. o_O Perhaps because it counts as variety... this means it doesn't count as acting?!