Diadem Forums

[12.03.06] T-ara to release first Japanese album and hold Japanese tour in June

nathaniel

I agree completely. Even a CCM stan should be able to realize that eventually this is going to end badly for the company if they continue to run T-ara into the ground; at the rate KKS is working them they WILL eventually get fed up and they'll sue, and the possibility of actual disbandment would be very high if all seven didn't see eye to eye if they did decide to file a lawsuit (which happened with both DBSK and KARA). In other words, no T-ara at all. I'm not sure why it's so hard to understand for some fans; even if all they care about is getting more music and appearances, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that eventually the girls' tolerance for all the bull that KKS is putting them through will eventually run out, and then they will disband, and that'll be it...no more T-ara.

I just think it's sad that some fans cease to see the girls as living, breathing human beings and look at them as nothing more than a commodity or a bragging right. It's sad.

Unfortunately, CCM stans probably won't see it until it's too late - they won't even know what will hit them. Stans are at the very best, comparable to religious fanatics. I fully agree with you that there are many fans (not few, to correct) that don't see the girls as humans but as tools of self-entertainment - besides, the majority of fans of T-ara (and basically any other idol group) are teenagers who are too narrow-minded to even think that their beloved god/goddesses are working like hell - and that's putting it nicely.

Though I have to disagree with you there about T-ara having a very high chance of disbanding - it's more close to a roughly 50-50 chance. KARA was also in danger of being disbanded but the group managed to stay together with all members present and the whole issue with them and DSP eventually was resolved in court early last year - of course, DSP lost quite a bit of face and their excuses weren't really believable. DBSK is still around - albeit in name only - though on the other hand, SM Entertainment certainly lost its reputation considerably, their claims that the three members were filing a lawsuit for their own personal interests were quite laughable and more importantly, they pretty much lost the battle in court. SM even lost to the boy group Shinhwa in court almost a decade ago.

If even one of the Big 3 can't win a battle in court, CCM won't last any better. KKS's interventions in KARA's lawsuit case also didn't really do much (at least as far as I know) and it pretty much showed how much of a whacked greasy Jabba the Hutt he is. There is a reason why YG compensated to Big Bang by giving a 2-month-break when the latter were planning to run away due to being overworked back in 2008 or so - a court battle is one of the things that would have occurred and the very last thing YG would have wanted (and as a result, YG's environment is a lot fairer and less crushing (mentally AND physically) compared to other agencies).

CCM seems to think that more and more comebacks and promotions in a short period of time is going to work - maybe it is in the short run but in the long run, as you have said, it's going to bite them in the ass. 3 comebacks in 7 months even beats SNSD back in 2009, when they released Gee, Tell me Your Wish (Genie) and Chocolate Love between January to October (10 months).

Hell, even my dad (former businessman himself) and some of his friends that do middle to big-sized business think KKS's management and business strategies are quite laughable.

It's sad to even imagine what the girls would have thought when they realized that the so-promised '10 day break' was nothing more than a mere sham so KKS wouldn't have so many fingers pointing towards him.

wish them the best with their upcoming album and hopefully a huge success with their tour coming up in june. if the girls can somehow get some good quality rest periods in between then it woud be a good thing for them.

Well at least they're starting to walk in the steps of the more successful bands, I mean promoting like that intensively in JAP is almost absolutely pointless, but hey, SNSD, TVXQ etc. did it and their popularity did skyrocket so I guess this is the right way for them. But like many have said, please come to the west!! Expand outside of just that one area lol, international fans are longing to see T-ara ;D

Well at least they're starting to walk in the steps of the more successful bands, I mean promoting like that intensively in JAP is almost absolutely pointless, but hey, SNSD, TVXQ etc. did it and their popularity did skyrocket so I guess this is the right way for them. But like many have said, please come to the west!! Expand outside of just that one area lol, international fans are longing to see T-ara ;D

SNSD's popularity skyrocketed during 2009 and they didn't debut or promote heavily in Japan until at least 2010.

Super Junior's popularity also skyrocketed years before they even debuted in Japan. Going to Japan doesn't

necessarily mean your popularity is going to boost up - especially when people in Japan can watch performances

from places like YouTube without having to pay for tickets. Promoting in Japan pretty much means that the groups have put a major foothold in the Korean public and have no worry about their popularity fading away.

Furthermore, T-ara's popularity skyrocketed between 2011 July to now - but at the cost of NO day of rest. A total of 3 comebacks (Roly Poly, Cry Cry, Lovey Dovey) in a span of 7 months. Not even SNSD at its highest boost of popularity (2009)

went that intense (Gee, Tell Me Your Wish Genie and Chocolate Love released in a span of 10 months length).

If people here think they're real fans, they should be more concerned with T-ara's wellbeing and health - not on what they promote in front of the screen. If they think the latter is more important, then frankly, they're not real fans at all. T-ara's schedules even makes SNSD look like they're having it easy - further proved that T-ara hadn't had one vacation since debut.

I think they will be success in Japan, seems T-ara receive a lot of loves from Japanese... but I hope they dont force themself and have enough rest.. :)

I think they will be success in Japan, seems T-ara receive a lot of loves from Japanese... but I hope they dont force themself and have enough rest.. :)

Hope they can have a world tour, but also wish they can rest more. Did they went for their break already?

No, they're not on break - they'e busy appearing in TV shows and are set to work on TWO albums, coming out in June and July, followed by a massive load of performances to promote their title tracks. Their CEO even said they'll work at a more 'vigorous' schedule for the next few months - funny thing is, the guy said they'll have a 10-day-break after Lovey Dovey promotions. It was a lie he made so that the public won't point fingers at him and will forget the issue (mostly anyway).

And to be honest, T-ara doesn't have the capacity to go with a world tour - CCM isn't exactly as expanding as YG and SM, not to mention it lacks the money to sustain such tours unless it's going to risk a huge loss to itself. Do note that unlike SM, JYP and YG, CCM also has its own broadcasting channel to maintain and the number of successful celebs in its roster is also smaller and probably not as financially successful (compared to SNSD, Big Bang, 2NE1, SuJu etc.) They simply can't provide the logistics needed for a world tour (and frankly, the CEO is probably more concerned with filling his own pockets and bank account before he's going to retire) in any way comparable to the Big Three.

But even then, do you think it's in any of the T-ara members' interests to go on a world tour? At the current stage, probably not since they're utterly desperate for a break as they've been overworked for months and hadn't had a single vacation since debut. They're living and breathing humans too, just like us.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...