Diadem Forums

[12.03.12] T-ara declares to donate all their "Roly-Poly" royalties to victims from the Fukushima nuclear accident

nathaniel

[12.03.12] T-ara declares to donate all their "Roly-Poly" royalties to victims from the Fukushima nuclear accident

201203121006151138_1.jpg

Girl group T-ara has offered their help to the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan by donating all their royalties from their Japanese "Roly-Poly" single.

T-ara, who are currently promoting in Japan said, "We debuted in Japan last September and we're happy for receiving a lot of love from 'Roly-Poly'. We want to give back by donating all of our 'Roly-Poly' album royalties back in the full amount to Japan."

The members said, "Although our donations may only be a little help, our wish is that it'll help some of the victims." T-ara's agency will pass the money on their behalf to the fund for the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan.

T-ara is known for repaying back their love to their fans, where they most recently went to the subway and volunteered in an elder people's shelter. This time, T-ara are also helping out overseas.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120312n07111

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

That's very generous of the girls!

The Japan triple disaster was a horrific event in Japanese history. I had some friends teach abroad and contacting them during that time was very stressful.

Thanks girls & CCM for not forgetting the Japanese people!

T-ara sold about 42K on its first week on oricon, plus Tower Record and DVD sales, with each single costing about 20$, I guess it's about 750,000$ USD. But it's not sales, but royalties T-ara is donating, meaning the money they would have earned from the sales after the distributor, producers, etc. paid themselves. I guess their donation for the 1st week of sales is about 100,000$ USD then.

It's so great of them to do so.

More like CCM declares to give the donations.

I highly doubt T-ara ever made the decision themselves.

The Fukushima nuclear powerplant incident occurred last year - what made them want to donate now? Aside

from promoting in Japan, it seems a bit whacked to suddenly bring up horrible memories from last year.

Based on the amount of success T-ara had last year, doing it last year would have made it more plausible - just like SNSD did.

It just doesn't add up - unless KKS wants the public to further avoid thinking about T-ara not getting a break

anytime soon (hell, he probably even has someone checking through all the posts in this site).

This is obviously a publicity stunt orchestrated by CCM, like how KARA got a #1 single when they donated JEt Coaster Love sales to Japanese disaster, but I am still glad T-ara are helping out.

Hopefully this will help to grow their popularity more in Japan and they can become as big as KARA and SNSD like they deserve.