Diadem Forums

[12.03.14] T-ara to announce possible major change in member line-up on April 7th

nathaniel

KKS, here we go again lol!

to be honest about the member change, probably just something minor

i dont think KKS would really move any members out of the group since their popularity has peaked

but maybe a solo debut? like already somebody mentioned about it ( take Big Bang as an example with

their solo albums)

Personally, this sounds like another typical trolling from KKS. The only thing that could worry me is removing an existing member, but no business man in their right mind is dumb enough to do such action knowing that it will definitely reduce the support of that group.

I haven't been a T-ara fan for long, but I already got the impression that KKS loves public attention (hence the constant troll every album release)

Yeah I really hope that, because its not only not wise or intelligent but absurd to do such thing, If it took the girls a while to be recognized by the great masses it will be awkward to say the less to make a change in member line-up. But on the other hand we really never know with this guy he is such a troll that who knows whats going through his mind, maybe he really wants an SNSD like group for his company or he is just speculating to see fans reaction whatever it is I don't share his ideas

T-ARA is a 7 girl group and as I sad before is composed of Hyomin, Eunjung, Jiyeon, Boram, Qri, Soyeon and Hwayoung if they change that is not T-ARA anymore and if he is going with the "drastic" change on the concept he might as well be careful because he might end up with a completely different group with the same name and that also is very risky since T-ARA is well known for an specific concept. There's a line between being chameleonic and transforming into a completely different group. The problem is that Kim kwangsoo is obsessed with the idea of leeching money from the girls and he is no thinking right.

What a vague comment KKS!

I truly hope this doesn't mean the addition OR removal of any members - it would seem just a bit unnecessary, what with their recent success as a 7 member group.

But for all I know, KKS may just be trolling us to create hype for the girls' comeback.

Last possibility is that we could see solo debuts. This would be really awesome like how Big Bang did it. They had individual ones, then GD & TOP came out and we hear a fresh new sound that we couldn't hear in Big Bang. I could really see a Soyeon x Eunjung collab or some kind of suave R&B sounds.

I love this suggestion, and I truly hope that this is the case - even if not now, then sometime in the future!

just a question: is it possible for you to tell us what the general feedback from the korean fans/netizens are on the internet/discussion boards? perhaps this is a move by CCM to test the fans' reaction to a possible changes to t-ara's lineup... and they will realise what a bad idea this is!

i think korean fans are not surprised by this news very much.. foreign fans are reacting harsher than them.. (saw earlier today there was dc post with foreign t-ara fans twitter posts that showed how they're overreacting haha) we should all be used to kks' trolling by now i think is what they think XD

obviously, they dont want members to leave t-ara also.. generally all fans have the same view on the topic.. just some are reacting more so than others ^^

I just hope all 7 of them will stay in the group. If they add new people it's ok. Do you think it might be possible a sort of merge with 5 Dolls?

i don't think it's possible!! 5dolls is switched agencies to GM contents and recently added a new member as well.. i've read rumor that hwa and hyo will switch places though (just a rumor someone created haha) which would be cool.. TEMPORARILY ONLY though! :P

ANDWAEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont like change!!!! Why do i fear for boram and qri... =( grrr.... the only concept in change that id be okay with is the sub-units idea. id like to see a rapper unit ie eunjung hyomin hwayoung. B) ... im scared! :angry:

sigh... in order for me to keep sane. i'll just believe that this is one of ccm's tactics to hype up my T-ara girls...

but why is he announcing this when they're on their break... D:

i think korean fans are not surprised by this news very much.. foreign fans are reacting harsher than them.. (saw earlier today there was dc post with foreign t-ara fans twitter posts that showed how they're overreacting haha) we should all be used to kks' trolling by now i think is what they think XD

obviously, they dont want members to leave t-ara also.. generally all fans have the same view on the topic.. just some are reacting more so than others ^^

i don't think it's possible!! 5dolls is switched agencies to GM contents and recently added a new member as well.. i've read rumor that hwa and hyo will switch places though (just a rumor someone created haha) which would be cool.. TEMPORARILY ONLY though! :P

thanks so much for your reply! i do hope that CCM will take into consideration what the fans think though - the majority would be opposed to a change in the number of members, no?

and since i dont read korean, i guess there has been some confusion with this announcement: i've seen some translations that seem to imply that there will be a change in the members' concept while other translations seem to say that there will be changes in the number of members... which one is correct??

Last possibility is that we could see solo debuts. This would be really awesome like how Big Bang did it. They had individual ones, then GD & TOP came out and we hear a fresh new sound that we couldn't hear in Big Bang. I could really see a Soyeon x Eunjung collab or some kind of suave R&B sounds.

Seriously though, Kim Kwang Su, whatever you're planning, PLEASE don't mess up T-ara as a whole.

this would be an idea that fans would be open too!! let them have some individual time so that their talents can be showcased!! if they can pull it off, then it would really be daebak!!!

I guess most of it's already been said, but that's some jacked management to throw in the possible membership changes after just conceding on the vacation thing and the fanclub thing... like he's playing mental games, trying to re-establish dominance by threatening the security of the places in the team. Not a long-time fan, but apparently he's kinda like that. It'd be one thing for him to get what's coming to him, but these kids' careers are in play and all.

Keep your fingers crossed, folks! As has been said, it seems most likely both a carefully worded statement to get a reaction and carefully edited reporting (from the original source, not the Diadem folks) to make the most noise.

i really hope that the company will not mess all of this up, i think that 7 members is already too much to have a great group (Boram don't even sing in Lovey Dovey, a few words do not really count IMO and Qri do not sing that much).

Anyway, hope that CCM will bring good things to us !

Fighting ! O_O

I dont know what KSS is expecting to do with T-ara.

in my opinion, T-ara can be changed with color's music, concept. But not a good idea to change member inthe group, when they are receiving lots of love from their fans. This can be if KSS change the role, for example, giving more opportunity for Boram, Qri, or Hwa to perform. So that they can be popular as same as the others.

Saw these news earlier today and almost broke down in shock.

I really don't want to see a member change, no matter if it's adding or losing a member. But especially not the a latter, it would break my heart.

I really don't understand what CCM is thinking when they issued this statement. It's bound to turn away some new fans since they know there will now be a change coming up, and perhaps with the members.

Furthermore, T-ara broke through last year and have been raking in CFs and increasing in popularity. Why are they going to take such a big risk of messing this up now?

I really just hope this is typical KKS trolling and that nothing serious will come out of this.

So please CCM, please please please don't change T-ara, especially the member line up. We love them the way they are now.

what??? any rumour of ryu twins switch! ? lol t-ara is not soccer match you know! ! No.

Sorry tbh i dont like that idea. Its hard to me to accept 6-ara to 7-ara but now when I learn to accept 7-ara, and this 7-ara growing in me... What is this? changing again? huh

change in concept, solo debut, i def accept.. but in member NEVER ever I do. ;)

read this article this morning while waiting for class to start. Let's say I was shocked, happy, scared and a little angry.

I was really fine with the revamping the members part, along with the new concepts and stuff, but when I read the part that said there's a possibility of a member change in the lineup I got seriously pissed off.

T-ara isn't T-ara without Jeon Boram, Lee Qri, Park Soyeon, Ham Eunjung, Park Hyomin, Ryu Hwayoung and Park Jiyeon.

No more, no less.

So I'm seriously hoping there isn't going to be any member changes.

Not expecting anyone to leave the group. KKS said himself that T-ara is too good to have the members split up back in 2010, when they made a similar announcement and people were speculating that someone would leave. He's crazy, but he's not stupid. C:UsersUserAppDataLocalTempmsohtmlclip11clip_image002.gif

that was in 2010.. it's 2012, there's a lot of stuff he said, so... plus it said either. like someone posted. The importance of that whole article imo is that word 'either

Personally, this sounds like another typical trolling from KKS. The only thing that could worry me is removing an existing member, but no business man in their right mind is dumb enough to do such action knowing that it will definitely reduce the support of that group.

I haven't been a T-ara fan for long, but I already got the impression that KKS loves public attention (hence the constant troll every album release)

I hope so! XD But yea, if CCM was seriously that dumb and that bad at management, he wouldn't dare split the up xD

just a question: is it possible for you to tell us what the general feedback from the korean fans/netizens are on the internet/discussion boards? perhaps this is a move by CCM to test the fans' reaction to a possible changes to t-ara's lineup... and they will realise what a bad idea this is!

There probably won't be a huge response until April 7th. Let's all hope that it's all good news!

Like I said in the first article (idk, what happened to it),

If another member is added, then I think CCM Kim Kwang Su is trying to build T-ara into SNSD. If he can add 6 to 7 to possibly 8, then what's gonna stop him to getting to 9 where SNSD, the top girl group is at. I have theories that he's fast-tracking to build T-ara into SNSD.

If another member is not added, then it could be that sub-units are being considered like After School and how they did the Red/Blue/ and Orange Caramel. It was interesting to see them try new genres, but After School hasn't really gotten back together after splitting up like that. Now, they're just not as relevant and when people don't see you, you fade fast. If Kim Kwang Su is going into this route he has to be really careful to keep them together, unlike what he's done with Co-Ed. They went into 5dolls, then SPEED, but we don't see signs of Co-Ed coming back together.

Seriously though, Kim Kwang Su, whatever you're planning, PLEASE don't mess up T-ara as a whole.

Seriously not really liking the adding members to be like SNSD... >.> The sub-units sound fun, but I really like T-ara as a whole =/ I mean I wouldn't mind if they split into a ballad/dance group (kind of like 2PM and 2AM lol jking) but I realllllly like T-ara as they are right now lol

The solo debuts sounds like the best so far lol. I wouldn't mind it at all~ Although, I'm afraid that the solo debuts would risk the group not performing as a group anymore.. TT^TT;; But seeing as Big Bang still performs as a group, I'll totally all for this idea lol~

Guess we'll have to wait till April to find out.. Why can't time pass faster lol

can't wait to April 7th :|

hope haven't got any shock change abt members, 7 is a beautiful number.

But if it really happend, i still support our girls, i have no more choice 'cause i'm in love with them :D

looking forward to the new concept & music color.

Guest cruzer1979

no i dont like any change in t-ara member... but other change i can accept it... but dont do again change the member or add member... now t-ara is complete....

Why is CCM screwing with a winning team?

T-ara has been kicking butt just fine the way they are.

Add a new member(s), create subgroups, change style... whatever.

But they better not get rid of anyone.

Unfortunately, there is also the possibility that one or more members want out to focus more on their solo careers, especially acting, or their personal lives.