Diadem Forums

[12.03.15] T-ara to become 7~9 members, including replacing members

nathaniel

Lol, if KKS want to make T-ARA better than SNSD (although for me T-ara is far better than SNSD), he should make it 10 members :P

Btw, here is my opinion about the who will be replaced / out from T-ara (if the replacement really occur)

I think the original 3 aka BIG 3 won't be replaced. Like the other said it will be probably themselves who will leave the group on their own due to their acting careers and KKS fears that.

Soyeon probably won't be removed, because if Jiyeon is the "face" of T-ara, Soyeon is the "voice" of T-ara.

But who knows, KKS said the concept and everything will totally new, so if he really gonna do it, he will need to remove Soyeon "trademarked" angelic voice from T-ara.

Hwayoung probably won't be removed too , based on this statement "After three years as activities as a singer, pride and laziness is effected", Hwayoung just joined for around 1 years :D

Lastly Boram & Qri. Since JTW album, their appearance is fading more & more ...

This two is the most possible to be replaced.

That's just my opinion and based from my point of view.

Of course no one hope for any replacement.

However, if that's really happen and Park Soyeon is the one who got removed , then I won't be a fans of the "new" T-ara anymore. I will just hear to their old songs and "follow" wherever Soyeon career go ~

Noooooooo! I'm so pissed. Calling T-ara lazy and arrogant?? They are surely one of the most hard-working groups out there. He's also breaking up the group bond. Maybe he thinks it'll be harder for the girls to unite and go against the agency then? I wish T-ara would sue CCM like Kara did with their agency.

Even adding members doesn't make sense because the group as 7 members is established. Ironically he wants them to be like SNSD, but what makes SNSD special is the group bond, where every member is important, take out one member and it wouldn't be SNSD anymore. By constantly taking and adding members it'll never work.

but why my heart say that Qri is the one who will moved out..

Hyomin,Eunjung and Jiyeon,all people know them because their

acting and many more..

plus,Jiyeon is the face of T-ara..

Soyeon is the main vocalist in T-ara,they are stupid if they took her out.

Boram,her mother and father,you understand write..

Hwayoung,she get more attention and get more part in their latest song

also on their japan song..

the lastly,Qri unnie.she has that cutie-pretty and nothing more..

im just feel my eye start to tear cause im so in love with Qri unnie.

i start to be T-ara fan,this year...yeah,im new but still i love them

what should i do if my idol who make me wanna study will pleat out..

*sigh..if they wanna add a new member,im okay

but please dont moved the original..

thumbs up if you agree..

I'm a Soyeon fan but i don't think Soyeon is in danger, i'd hate it if they kicked out Boram, she's still like a kid but slowly showing her gracefulness.

If they said earlier that T-ara will be less into acting then maybe Eunjung might be considering her future.

I'm not a big fan of Qri but she looks lovely every time.

8 members would be my limit.

I hate this news ! T-ara is great as they are now...first CCM added Hwayoung (I don't hate her but it was quite useless) and now they want to add new members and remove ? ...I love T-ara but if my Eunjung or Soyeon are moved...I don't think I will continue to support them like I do now.

Just seems like the management view these girls as replaceable employees. I think that the CEO wants to make sure that no one girl becomes "bigger" than the group. Maybe some girls, like Jiyeon for example, become too "valuable" and so they would never move them. But others might be moveable because they think it might make the chemistry of the group better or maybe they would get more marketing dollars from it. All this could also be a publicity stunt just to create buzz.

I don't want them to change, but over the last six months Boram has looked out of place in their TV appearances, and she hasn't had much to do in the videos or choreography. I wouldn't be surprised if she went.

I kind of think Jiyeon unbalances the group. She's great, but the camera is on her way too much of the time... whatever change happens they need to stop doing this.

I'm wondering if they'll drop one member and add Lee Hae-Ri and Kang Min-Kyung from Davichi. It would give T-ara much more vocal capability.

I prefer smaller groups to bigger groups. As the number of members increases it's more difficult for each personality to shine. I think they'd be better as a 5 or 6 piece than 8 or 9.

I don't want them to change, but over the last six months Boram has looked out of place in their TV appearances, and she hasn't had much to do in the videos or choreography. I wouldn't be surprised if she went.

I kind of think Jiyeon unbalances the group. She's great, but the camera is on her way too much of the time... whatever change happens they need to stop doing this.

I'm wondering if they'll drop one member and add Lee Hae-Ri and Kang Min-Kyung from Davichi. It would give T-ara much more vocal capability.

I prefer smaller groups to bigger groups. As the number of members increases it's more difficult for each personality to shine. I think they'd be better as a 5 or 6 piece than 8 or 9.

You have a point there about Boram - but then again, whose fault is it that she's been looking out of place in the past six months? CCM didn't bother improving anything about her at all. That's what can be called as sloppy and incompetent management - and CCM has quite a record for that.

Regarding Ji Yeon, that is quite true as well - but then again, being the 'face' of T-ara, that's no surprise at all. But given she's perhaps the most overworked member, it would be nice to cut her some slack.

Though adding in one of the Davichi members is unreal - it would give T-ara more vocal capability for sure - but it would also pretty much bring a huge lot of flak from Davichi fans and to a degree, the general public. Kang Min-Kyung and Lee Hae-Ri would both no doubt replace So Yeon and Hyomin as main and lead vocalists as the latter two are pushed to sub-vocals while Ji Yeon well..would be put down even further.

Now, if smaller groups are more preferable to you, that's understandable. But do note that all it takes is just some careful and good promotion - SM was able to do that just fine with SNSD and SuJu. CCM however, is inept at it - especially with a nutcase like KKS.

KKS, you're calling the girls lazy and "full of themselves" for taking a 1 week break? Come on, their last break was in like 2009. These girls have been working like slaves during the Roly Poly/Cry cry/Lovey Dovey period, they deserve more than a week break actually. My god KKS you are one of the worst manager ever, seriously retire already.

The best you could do, KKS, about this "change" is to simply add 1 more member (too much members is terrible idea), or just simply trash this idea. The worst thing is to replace ANY of the members. T-ara will not be the same without any of the members.

seems like kks wanted to re-shape t-ara just like akb48..

let say t-ara is a 10 member group..7 members who have lines in a particular song would promote it but the other 3 dont..

then it goes like that through a cycle again & again..

if it did happen..t-ara would lose its distinctiveness & originality..which is really bad.

I think it's really stupid idea. It would be better if T-ara won't be replacing any member but instead, maybe debut a sub-unit of T-ara would be a better idea. I mean seriously... Just when they started to get more and more popular the company gonna do this to them? You must be kidding me....

I think mostly it's a threat to the members. New leader Soyeon stood up on that show (with Boram and Hyomin) and called him out, and I'm pretty sure they spoke up in-house too, and then everything since...

He'll dangle the threat of membership changes to bully Soyeon and the rest into compliance. Who knows he might be spiteful enough to remove her for what he seems to think is her ill discipline. But more likely, he's threatening the people closest to her, the other members, the members with the least stable positions on the roster. Get them to back down by threatening the careers of their co-members. That's also probably why the relatively long span of two or three weeks till the official announcement is made, he wants them to stew a little. A fear tactic, I guess, I can't remember what they call it.

At this point, after this great breach of labor relations, I'd prefer for them to cut ties with his company, but making a transition will likely be pretty difficult too. It depends on how firm their mental fortitude is. Mr. Kim looks pretty bad, sure, but I'm pretty sure other CEOs would at least think twice about taking on a group who broke from their former company over a labor dispute. And how would another company treat the line-up, too? Mr. Kim can certainly argue that another company would demand member changes anyway, and then make the counter-offer that if they fall in line, he'll keep the line-up as it is. So I hope the members can stand up for themselves, whatever they decide to do. Be strong, kids!

I think it's his appetite for authority more than anything - he seems to be either blind or indifferent to the effect his announcements could make on T-ara's viability in the future. Or he just thinks he can eat the difference. But even if he doesn't make any drastic changes, he's built up a lot of negative press with all this (at least among the fan community), and I'm pretty sure any onlookers with a conscience will have serious misgivings about supporting a tyrant mistreating T-ara, even if just on principle. Maybe enough people can be brought back into the fold - supporting T-ara no matter what (or just choosing to buy albums or endorsements), even with the straight-up unjust behavior of their handlers - to satisfy the bookkeepers for a while, but how long will the members accept his ultimatums? How long 'till they say enough is enough? Now that they've seen how he responds to even their simple demands for humane treatment, will they just continue to swallow their pride and accept his conditions, knowing he's just not gonna respect them as professionals or as human beings? Even if they do knuckle under and accept his terms now, how long can they keep up with the work rate he demands, keep silent as to their future demands from the company and still be able to perform to an acceptable level? Good luck out there.

Seriously the news keep getting worse & worse. My favorite better not be removed && with more people the group will be to big. i think it would be better to keep with the seven people they have now. they aren't like snsd who already started with nine members.

I think mostly it's a threat to the members. New leader Soyeon stood up on that show (with Boram and Hyomin) and called him out, and I'm pretty sure they spoke up in-house too, and then everything since...

He'll dangle the threat of membership changes to bully Soyeon and the rest into compliance. Who knows he might be spiteful enough to remove her for what he seems to think is her ill discipline. But more likely, he's threatening the people closest to her, the other members, the members with the least stable positions on the roster. Get them to back down by threatening the careers of their co-members. That's also probably why the relatively long span of two or three weeks till the official announcement is made, he wants them to stew a little. A fear tactic, I guess, I can't remember what they call it.

At this point, after this great breach of labor relations, I'd prefer for them to cut ties with his company, but making a transition will likely be pretty difficult too. It depends on how firm their mental fortitude is. Mr. Kim looks pretty bad, sure, but I'm pretty sure other CEOs would at least think twice about taking on a group who broke from their former company over a labor dispute. And how would another company treat the line-up, too? Mr. Kim can certainly argue that another company would demand member changes anyway, and then make the counter-offer that if they fall in line, he'll keep the line-up as it is. So I hope the members can stand up for themselves, whatever they decide to do. Be strong, kids!

I think it's his appetite for authority more than anything - he seems to be either blind or indifferent to the effect his announcements could make on T-ara's viability in the future. Or he just thinks he can eat the difference. But even if he doesn't make any drastic changes, he's built up a lot of negative press with all this (at least among the fan community), and I'm pretty sure any onlookers with a conscience will have serious misgivings about supporting a tyrant mistreating T-ara, even if just on principle. Maybe enough people can be brought back into the fold - supporting T-ara no matter what (or just choosing to buy albums or endorsements), even with the straight-up unjust behavior of their handlers - to satisfy the bookkeepers for a while, but how long will the members accept his ultimatums? How long 'till they say enough is enough? Now that they've seen how he responds to even their simple demands for humane treatment, will they just continue to swallow their pride and accept his conditions, knowing he's just not gonna respect them as professionals or as human beings? Even if they do knuckle under and accept his terms now, how long can they keep up with the work rate he demands, keep silent as to their future demands from the company and still be able to perform to an acceptable level? Good luck out there.

You make a very good point that it's possibly a fear tactic to keep the members 100% compliant to his own ass.

But even then, having done constant work for 3 years with no break till recently, I doubt T-ara's going to stay compliant for long. As said by G-Dragon of Big Bang, idols get the tendency to rebel against their agencies at their third year since debut - Big Bang did almost exactly that when they planned on running away from YG - result? YG eventually heard about this and as compensation, gave them a 2-month break. T-ara's members since last year have suffered from a series of injuries, fainting and looking like zombies on screen (simply, dead tired). Regardless, KKS's further tightening group is bound to make the girls more discontent and rebellious.

However, I doubt other agencies would make second thoughts about taking T-ara in if they leave CCM - unless the CEOs of the other agencies are no better or even worse than KKS himself (and frankly, KKS is probably subject to a lot of jokes by the Big Three). Personally, the guy sometimes even makes SM look like saints.

One of Korea's oldest groups, Shinhwa also managed to transfer agencies quite safe and sound with no loss of members and even name, even though it was SM that was its opposition at the court. If SM can't win lawsuits filed by its own idols, neither will CCM. Kara's DSP also took a major blow when three of the members filed a lawsuit against it - and it took close to a full year for the whole issue to be settled and resolved. SM with DBSK also lost its reputation very much, not to mention the court sided with JYJ - hell, SM's excuses and claims on the reasons why JYJ filed a lawsuit against them were downright laughable.

The last thing agencies would want is their own idols rebelling and filing a lawsuit against them - because chances are they're very likely to lose. There's a reason why YG gave Big Bang a 2 month break rather than using intimidation and threats as KKS is seemingly using currently. What KKS is doing is hardly any different to what mafia bosses do, minus using physical violence.

Needless to say, the clock is already ticking and things are likely to get real ugly later this year. With the second album and solo concert scheduled for summer, the timing is also very critical.