Diadem Forums

[12.03.15] T-ara to become 7~9 members, including replacing members

nathaniel

I've got a feeling this change will be a new concept with regards to idol groups. I think he might be planning on "expanding" t-ara into a 8-9 member group with probably 2 or 1 inactive member... Something like a football team with reserves. Cuz only by doing so, he is able to get his "competition" within the group for exposure. With thoughts that t-ara members might have individual activities as time goes by, he can use those in the reserves to maintain the original number in the group when it comes to group activities. And he will only promote the member from the reserve list into the main group if he feels that that member is good enough and probably take away the ineffective member from the main. So... I think all 7 current members will be safe (as in they will still be a part of t-ara), just that the weaker members might be "temporarily" frozen from main activities until they show their worth.

You make a very good point that it's possibly a fear tactic to keep the members 100% compliant to his own ass.

But even then, having done constant work for 3 years with no break till recently, I doubt T-ara's going to stay compliant for long. As said by G-Dragon of Big Bang, idols get the tendency to rebel against their agencies at their third year since debut - Big Bang did almost exactly that when they planned on running away from YG - result? YG eventually heard about this and as compensation, gave them a 2-month break. T-ara's members since last year have suffered from a series of injuries, fainting and looking like zombies on screen (simply, dead tired). Regardless, KKS's further tightening group is bound to make the girls more discontent and rebellious.

However, I doubt other agencies would make second thoughts about taking T-ara in if they leave CCM - unless the CEOs of the other agencies are no better or even worse than KKS himself (and frankly, KKS is probably subject to a lot of jokes by the Big Three). Personally, the guy sometimes even makes SM look like saints.

One of Korea's oldest groups, Shinhwa also managed to transfer agencies quite safe and sound with no loss of members and even name, even though it was SM that was its opposition at the court. If SM can't win lawsuits filed by its own idols, neither will CCM. Kara's DSP also took a major blow when three of the members filed a lawsuit against it - and it took close to a full year for the whole issue to be settled and resolved. SM with DBSK also lost its reputation very much, not to mention the court sided with JYJ - hell, SM's excuses and claims on the reasons why JYJ filed a lawsuit against them were downright laughable.

The last thing agencies would want is their own idols rebelling and filing a lawsuit against them - because chances are they're very likely to lose. There's a reason why YG gave Big Bang a 2 month break rather than using intimidation and threats as KKS is seemingly using currently. What KKS is doing is hardly any different to what mafia bosses do, minus using physical violence.

Needless to say, the clock is already ticking and things are likely to get real ugly later this year. With the second album and solo concert scheduled for summer, the timing is also very critical.

you've got strong point there..

filing lawsuit or transferring to other company could be opted..

but we cant speculate yet since there is no further explaination prior to this..

seems like we really need to follow kks's butt after all..7 april huh?

the current members would stay for sure since removing them is the silliest decision ever..kks knows that so he might just add some more..

maybe he uses soccer concept..first eleven & bench warmer..they'll rotate for each song where they have their own singing part..but still maintain as 7 when performing..

he might wanted to keep t-ara fresh & keep the way he promote t-ara last time w/o any members complaining to him..

i really cant wait how the story would unfold..

I'm sorry but KKS this is plain Bullshhhh!!! my god i swear if one of my biases get kicked.. i think i might not listen to t-ara..

I was a new bloom fan and now this? this? you say t-ara is lazy? no vacation until now , thats lazy?!!

ahhhh! i feel like jumping off a cliff with this.. I'm so sorry..

but CCM this is full of disappointment!

ehh...is the CEO trying to follow after school? divide the group into 2? and try to increase profits, or is he trying to weed out members that he dislike? either way, hope my favourite members dont get axed..

kinda silly move imo..-.- tiara got loads of fans..and they are used to the girls inside, suddenly changing the group might affect their popularity/sales..etc etc..-.-

the current members would stay for sure since removing them is the silliest decision ever..kks knows that so he might just add some more..

maybe he uses soccer concept..first eleven & bench warmer..they'll rotate for each song where they have their own singing part..but still maintain as 7 when performing..

It also make sens. It will be somehow similar to AKB48 concept with members competing against each other to gain their place in the team A in order to promote.

This is more like AKB48, unless the agency sees them putting a lot of heart into the game they won't get a spot to shine. In AKB's case its normal since its the whole concept of the group, they can probably survive having a lot of fans without their music but T-ara??? Bullshark. Its just crazy talk, if you want this kind of competition get Coed back to your company and let T-ara, 5dolls, Speed, and Pin-up Girls do it! There's already a dirty friendly competition between these 7 members, Eunjung and Hyomin always gets the glory while Boram and Qri always ends up getting a little bit or nothing. Its not they are lazy or what judgmental Kpop fans would say "useless", I would know that these girls work hard to stay in this group.... No wonder Boram is so depressed is she that small that you can't see her worth?

This is more like AKB48, unless the agency sees them putting a lot of heart into the game they won't get a spot to shine. In AKB's case its normal since its the whole concept of the group, they can probably survive having a lot of fans without their music but T-ara??? Bullshark. Its just crazy talk, if you want this kind of competition get Coed back to your company and let T-ara, 5dolls, Speed, and Pin-up Girls do it! There's already a dirty friendly competition between these 7 members, Eunjung and Hyomin always gets the glory while Boram and Qri always ends up getting a little bit or nothing. Its not they are lazy or what judgmental Kpop fans would say "useless", I would know that these girls work hard to stay in this group.... No wonder Boram is so depressed is she that small that you can't see her worth?

Even so, it's still CCM's fault for not trying to get Boram and Qri into the spotlight fairly in the first place. Besides, CCM's level of management was never really impressive to begin with - I'd even say their management skills are downright sloppy and subject to plenty of jokes by comedians on stage.

However, I don't think any of the members are intentionally trying to compete with eachother unless the members themselves are selfish scumbags who are cold and merciless like KKS himself - and that's unlikely at best. In Korea, it's a common mentality for people in the same small group to trust and stick with each other no matter what hardship comes by - this is something that occurs especially since the age of high school, where one is expected to meet his/her life-time friends there. Idol groups also develop a similar thing - especially if they've stuck together for years. I cannot say for DBSK, but the members of 2PM still think of Jay Park as a fellow member (they simply don't throw it around in public), SuJu still thinks of Han Geng as a fellow member and hell, So Yeon still has good relations with the SNSD members because she trained with them years back.

You have a point there about Boram - but then again, whose fault is it that she's been looking out of place in the past six months? CCM didn't bother improving anything about her at all. That's what can be called as sloppy and incompetent management - and CCM has quite a record for that.

Regarding Ji Yeon, that is quite true as well - but then again, being the 'face' of T-ara, that's no surprise at all. But given she's perhaps the most overworked member, it would be nice to cut her some slack.

Though adding in one of the Davichi members is unreal - it would give T-ara more vocal capability for sure - but it would also pretty much bring a huge lot of flak from Davichi fans and to a degree, the general public. Kang Min-Kyung and Lee Hae-Ri would both no doubt replace So Yeon and Hyomin as main and lead vocalists as the latter two are pushed to sub-vocals while Ji Yeon well..would be put down even further.

Now, if smaller groups are more preferable to you, that's understandable. But do note that all it takes is just some careful and good promotion - SM was able to do that just fine with SNSD and SuJu. CCM however, is inept at it - especially with a nutcase like KKS.

I don't want Davichi members added. They have a different style of music to T-ara. T-ara are all about crazy concepts and bubblegum catchy songs, and Davichi are more about vocals and adult contemporary style.

It would change T-ara too much, and also Davichi fans would be upset to see those two amazing vocalists having their voices wasted on songs like Lovey-Dovey.

I'm surprised people are saying that AKB48's style concept is now being followed by T-ara.

But seriously, AKB48 has 57 members as of February this year. That's excluding the trainees planned to replace anyone that's going to be dropped. T-ara in comparison has only 7 members and if CCM increases the numbers, it's going to receive a lot of flak for copying SNSD and in effect, will very likely provoke SM and cause a major fan war with the Sones - and increase the number of haters/antis. The T-ara members are simply not as expendable as AKB48's members. It's like saying the US Air Force will switch its fleet of F-15s for thousands of anti-air defense systems.

I can't begin to imagine how it's going to affect So Yeon's relationship with the SNSD members, considering they were trainees before SNSD itself debuted in 2007.

Lazy and prideful... No offense, but maybe the CEO referring to Jiyeon... And i noticed that Jiyeon part in T-ara song getting less..

If Jiyeon to be replaced, i'm pretty sure T-ara will lost half of their fans though...

I think Boram will be the strong candidate if T-ara going to replace member, since she always hardly get any parts and not develop much this 3 years...

Jiyeon isn't a very good singer anyway, so who cares if she gets less lines. Eunjung is the one who needs more lines coz she's so talented.

But anyway, I don't want Davichi members added. They have a different style of music to T-ara. T-ara are all about crazy concepts and bubblegum catchy songs, and Davichi are more about vocals and adult contemporary style.

It would change T-ara too much, and also Davichi fans would be upset to see those two amazing vocalists having their voices wasted on songs like Lovey-Dovey.

Agreed that Ji Yeon isn't a very good singer (unlike many of the Ji Yeon stans) but still, one cannot deny that her position in T-ara is regarded as crucial. You're absolutely correct that Eun Jung does need more lines - come to think of it, most of T-ara's title tracks since 2010 haven't really made use of whatever talent she had to offer.

Glad you agree with me that adding Davichi in with T-ara is a bad idea. Even if they are added, it gives less lines for So Yeon and Hyomin and lowers their position, as I've mentioned. Hell for all we know, Kang Min Kyung might even replace Ji Yeon as T-ara's face if such a scenario occurred.

Although collaborations between the two groups every once in a while is good to see (such as We Were in Love) and acceptable, anything beyond that point is simply just pushing it.

Agreed that Ji Yeon isn't a very good singer (unlike many of the Ji Yeon stans) but still, one cannot deny that her position in T-ara is regarded as crucial. You're absolutely correct that Eun Jung does need more lines - come to think of it, most of T-ara's title tracks since 2010 haven't really made use of whatever talent she had to offer.

Glad you agree with me that adding Davichi in with T-ara is a bad idea. Even if they are added, it gives less lines for So Yeon and Hyomin and lowers their position, as I've mentioned. Hell for all we know, Kang Min Kyung might even replace Ji Yeon as T-ara's face if such a scenario occurred.

Although collaborations between the two groups every once in a while is good to see (such as We Were in Love) and acceptable, anything beyond that point is simply just pushing it.

Agree!

And they definitely can't (and won't, no matter what) remove Jiyeon. She's one of the most successful female idols in K-Pop right now, and she is the 'face' of T-ara as you say.

Jiyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin are all safe.

Hwayoung is also safe I think because everybody just finally got used to her and now people are loving her. She showed her talent in We Were In Love, got that solo dance moment in Lovey-Dovey, and is GORGEOUS now that she has short hair. She's also young, so she has that on her side. CCM won't axe her.

Soyeon is the voice of T-ara so she;'ll most likely stay, plus her popularity has risen. Only thing going against her is she's older, but I personally like that T-ara has older members so I want her to stay and I'm sure she will.

Qri and Boram are definites to go IF cuts are made, as we have all established. Their age, lack of popularity compared to other members, and minimal talent (Boram actually does have talent, but it's never been used) make that a sure thing.

Anyway, Eunjung deserves a solo venture in my opinion since she is the most well-rounded member in T-ara when it comes to vocals, popularity, beauty, rapping, dancing, and acting. She is the total package and she's being wasted in terms of solo potential (much like Jiyoon in 4minute).

i've seen a lot of ideas here..

but for the best..just keep the way they are now..

changes in concept is not new to t-ara..

now, moving on to the other topic..is it just me or that the member that kks mentioned as lazy & prideful is soyeon..

that girl bravely stated their condition on national tv..

being the leader, yes i understand but idw her to end up like nam gyu ri who was apparently seeya's leader..

Agree!

And they definitely can't (and won't, no matter what) remove Jiyeon. She's one of the most successful female idols in K-Pop right now, and she is the 'face' of T-ara as you say.

Jiyeon, Eunjung, and Hyomin are all safe.

Hwayoung is also safe I think because everybody just finally got used to her and now people are loving her. She showed her talent in We Were In Love, got that solo dance moment in Lovey-Dovey, and is GORGEOUS now that she has short hair. She's also young, so she has that on her side. CCM won't axe her.

Soyeon is the voice of T-ara so she;'ll most likely stay, plus her popularity has risen. Only thing going against her is she's older, but I personally like that T-ara has older members so I want her to stay and I'm sure she will.

Qri and Boram are definites to go IF cuts are made, as we have all established. Their age, lack of popularity compared to other members, and minimal talent (Boram actually does have talent, but it's never been used) make that a sure thing.

Anyway, Eunjung deserves a solo venture in my opinion since she is the most well-rounded member in T-ara when it comes to vocals, popularity, beauty, rapping, dancing, and acting. She is the total package and she's being wasted in terms of solo potential (much like Jiyoon in 4minute).

Yes, we can both agree that Ji Yeon, Hyomin and Eun Jung are the least likely to get the sack. Given that they've done more solo work than any of the other members, they can't be replaced easily - not to mention all three of them are T-ara's most recognizable members with So Yeon closely making her way up.

Although I'll have to disagree that So Yeon, Boram and Qri's age are important factors. MBLAQ's Seung Ho is the same age as So Yeon (turning 25 this year) and 2NE1's Dara and Bom are both turning 28 this year. After School's Jung Ah and Ka Hee are also older as well, 28 and 31, respectively. Hell, even some of SuJu's members are also older than Boram, Qri and So Yeon or at least at the same age.

Lack of popularity and minimal talent are the most likely (if not, only) factors for those getting the boot. But then again, KKS's intelligence and logic is more comparable with that of a bird than a human.

While Boram and Qri are the most likely candidates of being kicked, there are things to put into consideration. I don't know about Qri but Boram is likely going to be a harder nut to crack - even from T-ara's earlier years, she was clearly very recognizable and stood out quite a bit in appearance, not to mention her parents and even grandparents were celebrities themselves - and are likely very well-connected. Her dad especially, may put up resistance against KKS if Boram refuses to be kicked out. Talent-wise, I'm not sure exactly what Boram can offer but it's clearly CCM's fault for not expanding them, yet alone even caring about it. I'd dare say that even though Boram isn't as popular or heavily talented, her appearance alone has played an important part in representing T-ara on stage and screen.

i've seen a lot of ideas here..

but for the best..just keep the way they are now..

changes in concept is not new to t-ara..

now, moving on to the other topic..is it just me or that the member that kks mentioned as lazy & prideful is soyeon..

that girl bravely stated their condition on national tv..

being the leader, yes i understand but idw her to end up like nam gyu ri who was apparently seeya's leader..

One correction to your post there - So Yeon is far, FAR from being lazy.

The only real lazy douchebag is KKS himself.

One correction to your post there - So Yeon is far, FAR from being lazy.

The only real lazy douchebag is KKS himself.

well, soyeon is my bias so i know she's not lazy..

he mentioned the word 'lazy' & 'prideful' so it might be 2 persons in his mind..idk about which member is lazy but i keep thinking that soyeon might be, just might be prideful..she's the leader & pretty much a witty girl..

lazy??? kks must be absurd..there is no way that any of them being lazy..even other fandoms approved for that facts..kks really put a lump of dirt to both mnet & t-ara face..other fandom just cant believe t-ara's own ceo brought them down..

who knows what had been played inside that old man's mind..

Lazy and prideful... No offense, but maybe the CEO referring to Jiyeon... And i noticed that Jiyeon part in T-ara song getting less..

If Jiyeon to be replaced, i'm pretty sure T-ara will lost half of their fans though...

I think Boram will be the strong candidate if T-ara going to replace member, since she always hardly get any parts and not develop much this 3 years...

I think if anyone gets replaced, it's boram.

I noticed she barely bothers to dance especially when I was watching Lovey Dovey during music bank in paris.

Uhmm, yeah 30 years of experience but he cannot even help his other groups succeed.

I really don't want T-ara to change by adding or replacing members. I find this change unnecessary.

I immediately liked Hwa Young but only Hwa Young. I also dont' want to see some members leave:(

Kim Kwang Soo, what are you doing to T-ara?!

I think if anyone gets replaced, it's boram.

I noticed she barely bothers to dance especially when I was watching Lovey Dovey during music bank in paris.

This is no surprise since other members have shown to perform poorly during music performance as early as the Roly Poly promotions. Besides, Boram sure as hell ain't prideful on stage.