Diadem Forums

[12.03.15] T-ara to become 7~9 members, including replacing members

nathaniel

At this point the fandom has made good points for why each and every member could be up for expulsion from the group, save for one lone member. And I hate that it sounds like T-ara is on their own personal hellish version of Survivor, but it is what it is. Let's review why each girl could theoretically be kicked out and why they also could be safe...

Hyomin:

Why she could be kicked out: There pretty much IS no reason why Hyomin would get the boot. She's a workaholic, she loves the spotlight, she's talented, and she busts her butt to make sure T-ara's name is represented in a positive fashion. Not only that, she is one of the original members of T-ara, she has developed a sizeable fandom of her own, and her popularity only seems to be growing. I am almost 100% positive she is safe.

Why she could be safe: See above.

Eunjung:

Why she could be kicked out: Eunjung has become more and more prone to injury since "Lovey-Dovey" promotions began and has been unable to take place in several important group functions. By KKS's fuzzy logic, the group has functioned fine without her. Add that she has been given less and less lines in their songs to accomodate Hwayoung's inclusion into the group, along with the fact that she seems much more intent on her acting career as of late, and in my opinion she falls somewhere in the middle between "safe" and "in danger."

Why she could be safe: Eunjung, like Hyomin, is one of the original members of T-ara and has developed a sizeable fanbase of her own. She is also arguably the most well-rounded member of the group: she sings, she dances, she raps, she acts, and she's beautiful. Not only that, but her contributions to promoting the group in ventures like We Got Married and Dream High are invaluable. Plus she is a trooper...after she hurt her ankle shortly before "Lovey-Dovey" promotions began, she made it abundantly clear that she was going to stand on the debut stage with her fellow group members to perform the song...and she did just that.

Jiyeon:

Why she could be kicked out: When KKS began talking about "prideful and lazy" members, my first thoughts went to Jiyeon. She is obviously not a lazy girl, by any stretch of the word, but KKS probably misconstrues her oft-tired performances as rebellion on her part. Let's all be honest here...we've all joked about Jiyeon's xxxx faces during her performances at one time or another, albeit in a loving fashion. We all KNOW she's tired, and that irritability is a common sign of fatigue. So we aren't surprised. But KKS may be wanting to send her a warning to straighten up and fly by his rules, or she risks expulsion.

Why she could be safe: Jiyeon more than likely has nothing to worry about. She IS the face of T-ara, hands down. She is also one of the most popular idols in Korea at the moment, competing with the likes of Yoona, and IU (who are considered national idols). She is also a VERY commercially viable actress, which in turn helps promote T-ara. To give her the boot would be idiocy on KKS's part.

Soyeon:

Why she could be kicked out: Soyeon is recognized as a loveable loudmouth, but calling out the CEO on live television was more than just being a loudmouth...it was bold, fearless, and something that could have huge repercussions. I have no doubt that Soyeon (and, to a lesser extent, Hyomin and Boram) were all scolded after that broadcast, and I have no doubt that Soyeon stood her ground. She's wilfull, strong, and like any good leader, she's looking out for the best interests of her fellow members. Still, I wonder if her confession may have ultimately had something to do with KKS's decision to make these changes all of a sudden, and where it will ultimately leave Soyeon.

Why she could be safe: If Jiyeon is the "face" of T-ara, then Soyeon is most definitely it's "voice." She is considered one of the most vocally talented female idols in the Korean pop music industry; there is a reason CCM bought out her contract with SM, she is a huge boon to the group. Her popularity is also on the rise, especially after taking the group to new heights with their physical album sales for Funky Town.

Boram:

Why she could be kicked out: Boram is one of the members that have ended up on many a fan's chopping block since this whole debacle began. As a member of T-ara she has been given less and less to do in terms of her lines on their tracks, and her screen time is also nearly non-existent. She also does not promote outside of T-ara; whether it be by personal choice or due to lack of interest is unknown. Her confession on Twitter about her faltering health, much like Soyeon's claim on live television regarding their lack of a proper vacation, also probably got her scolded as well as it cast a bad light on T-ara's company, something they were already under fire for due to their poor treatment of the girls. She is also older by a few years than most of her bandmates, something that may be seen as a detraction by KKS; after all, this IS the man who added Hwayoung to the group primarily for the purpose of lowering the group's average age. Add in that KKS's claims that the members who lack the talent will be given less time to shine, and many people automatically assume that he is referring to either Boram or Qri.

Why she could be safe: As many have already stated, Boram's position in the group may be more stable than many fans think. She is a member of the Jeon family, who could best be compared to the Barrymores or the Hustons in America; this family has been in showbusiness a LONG time, and they have a lot of pull in the industry. Need an example? When Boram's father found out what she was going to be wearing for the "I Go Crazy Because Of You" promotions, he went ballistic, demanding that CCM find more suitable outfits for her to wear. And they did. To go against this family would be lunacy on KKS's part, and something that could rain Hell down on his head. If KKS thinks HE'S got connections, he hasn't seen anything yet. She is also one of the most instantly recognizable idols in the industry...if you don't remember anyone else in T-ara you remember the short, incredibly cute girl, and that's invaluable because she helps to give the T-ara brand an identity. But that's not all...Boram IS genuinely talented. She may not have Soyeon or Eunjung's singing chops, but she does have a lovely voice. She can also dance very well, as evidenced by the pre-debut videos you can see of her dancing to BoA's "My Name." So the talent IS there...it just hasn't been cultivated, and that's no one's fault but CCM's.

Qri:

Why she could be kicked out: Qri is, without a doubt, the least talented member of T-ara vocally. We all know that she wasn't added to the group for her ability to sing live at Radio City Music Hall. We also know that in terms of her singing lines she is usually given much less than most of the other vocally capable members, save for Boram. There's also the VERY suspicious fact that Qri was offered a role in one of Japan's most popular dramas...and for whatever reason, turned it down. Did CCM make her turn it down because she wasn't going to be a member of the company much longer? Did she voluntarily turn in down, which angered CCM due to the invaluable promotion that the drama would have given T-ara in Japan? We just don't know.

Why she could be safe: Unless it's changed, Qri is generally thought to be KKS's favorite member of T-ara. The man seems to almost have a romantic infatuation with her at times the way he fawns over her. This extends to male members of T-ara's fanbase as well...Qri is generally considered to be one of the most beautiful idols in the industry by many. Not only that, but it does seem that CCM has been making some sort of an effort to get Qri's name out into the general public; she did get to open and close "Cry Cry," as well as receiving prominent parts in both the longform video and song for "Lovey-Dovey." She has improved leaps and bounds since debut as well, as evidenced by her live vocal performances as of late.

Hwayoung:

Why she could be kicked out: Poor Hwayoung. It hasn't even been a year and a half since her debut with T-ara and to this very day she continues to get a lot of guff from fans. Many say that they just don't understand her purpose in T-ara; she's the designated rapper, yet T-ara had two very capable rappers prior to her joining. She can sing, but the group already had Soyeon and Eunjung, and Hwayoung is definitely no powerhouse. She CAN dance, and very well at that. Many hit below the belt and went after Hwayoung for her looks...true, she's not as visually striking as Jiyeon, Eunjung, or even Boram, but she is an attractive girl. She also does not promote outside of T-ara, and on their variety shows she is generally quiet and does not say much...her presence can be forgettable. Add to that that there have been claims that she and Jiyeon did not get along well at all. Regardless, many wonder if perhaps her time in T-ara was simply a trial run that didn't go as well as planned, and if KKS will rotate her out to make room for another girl that may be better accepted by the public and fans.

Why she could be safe: It does seem that lately CCM have been trying to utilize Hwayoung more, and Hwayoung seems to be rising to the task. She looks leagues better with her new short 'do than with her long hair, and after wowing fans with her rapping skills in "We Were In Love" and then with her (surprising) singing and dancing skills in "Lovey-Dovey," it finally seems that the tide of opinion has begun to turn in her favor. Plus, there is also her age, which, as was stated before, helps lower the group's average age, which in KKS's eyes could be enough to keep her on.

I know this was basically a short essay, but I wrote this as a way to show that, at this point anyways, there is no use in worrying about what may or may not come. Theoretically it could be ANY of the girls that KKS was talking about. He chose his words very specifically; his entire statement was a veiled threat at worst and mere trolling at best. He WANTS the fans to be in an uproar over this, as well as the girls. He doesn't want anyone to know anything, which is why his statement could be construed to be talking about any or all of the members of T-ara. Whatever happens will happen, and at this point all we can really do is just wait. Do I think he's going to kick anyone out? Honestly, no. If anything I think that additions will be made or subgroups will be formed, but if he's using this as a scare tactic against the girls then I have no doubt that within the next year they WILL be sueing to be released from their contract...and I don't blame them. Not one bit. I also have no doubt that if T-ara stand united together then they would have no trouble finding a new company. KKS may have given Jiae and Jiwon trouble after they left CCM, but I doubt that his clout will extend to what many consider to be one of the most popular girl groups in Korea and Japan. Money talks, and T-ara's a gold mine; if they sue, they will win, and I wouldn't doubt that every company in Korea will be knocking down their doors for a piece of them. Look at what T-ara was able to do under a smaller, incompetent label; now think of what they could do in the hands of a company like JYPE, SM, YG, or Cube. They would be happy to have T-ara, and they would no doubt give them the time off that they so righteously deserve.

In other words, let KKS play his little games. The only loser in the long run will be him. If he didn't learn from Lee Hyori, SeeYa, or SG Wannabe, then maybe T-ara will be the one that finally drives the lesson home for him. And if you haven't guessed then at this point I'm leaning towards the girls sueing and getting the Hell away from this madman. All of a sudden things like new albums or concerts seem trifling if it's at the expense of the girl's own well-being and mental health, which this man is obviously toying with. I want them away from him, and I hope it happens, and soon.

You make a very good point that it's possibly a fear tactic to keep the members 100% compliant to his own ass.

But even then, having done constant work for 3 years with no break till recently, I doubt T-ara's going to stay compliant for long. As said by G-Dragon of Big Bang, idols get the tendency to rebel against their agencies at their third year since debut - Big Bang did almost exactly that when they planned on running away from YG - result? YG eventually heard about this and as compensation, gave them a 2-month break. T-ara's members since last year have suffered from a series of injuries, fainting and looking like zombies on screen (simply, dead tired). Regardless, KKS's further tightening group is bound to make the girls more discontent and rebellious.

However, I doubt other agencies would make second thoughts about taking T-ara in if they leave CCM - unless the CEOs of the other agencies are no better or even worse than KKS himself (and frankly, KKS is probably subject to a lot of jokes by the Big Three). Personally, the guy sometimes even makes SM look like saints.

One of Korea's oldest groups, Shinhwa also managed to transfer agencies quite safe and sound with no loss of members and even name, even though it was SM that was its opposition at the court. If SM can't win lawsuits filed by its own idols, neither will CCM. Kara's DSP also took a major blow when three of the members filed a lawsuit against it - and it took close to a full year for the whole issue to be settled and resolved. SM with DBSK also lost its reputation very much, not to mention the court sided with JYJ - hell, SM's excuses and claims on the reasons why JYJ filed a lawsuit against them were downright laughable.

The last thing agencies would want is their own idols rebelling and filing a lawsuit against them - because chances are they're very likely to lose. There's a reason why YG gave Big Bang a 2 month break rather than using intimidation and threats as KKS is seemingly using currently. What KKS is doing is hardly any different to what mafia bosses do, minus using physical violence.

Needless to say, the clock is already ticking and things are likely to get real ugly later this year. With the second album and solo concert scheduled for summer, the timing is also very critical.

Looks like you're more caught up with the facts than I am. But I don't know, management is still management, even if they're made of better stuff than Mr. Kim. Taking T-ara into the fold would mean a lot of things. First and foremost, dealing with a "rebel" idol group. Like you said, the last thing the agencies want is to have rebellious idols, and if T-ara succeed in breaking from CCM, they will carry that legacy around with them. I'm pretty sure some agency heads have it in their minds that they don't want to bring that kind of element in to influence their younger talents. I mean, SM actually asked Sooyoung to stop doing that yelling impersonation thing, so there's obviously some disconnect between the mentality of the management and of the fans. Also, it seems widely recognized that up to four members of T-ara have various struggles with performing on stage - bringing T-ara into the fold would mean accepting an idol group with those shortcomings who nevertheless broke from their parent company. And the new company would need a good vision for the future of T-ara - just a matter of having the right stylistic vision and creativity to accommodate them, but still, they'd need to have the right people to make it happen. To a certain extent, Mr. Kim worked around T-ara's shortcomings because he had to, lacking as wide a talent pool as more successful agencies.

I remember the Shinhwa thing, but I think they were a bigger deal back then (than T-ara now), and more consistent across the board. I don't know much about DBSK, but Big Bang, all five of those guys look pretty solid. And I'm a little confused about how exactly the Kara thing played out. But who knows? Mr. Kim may have been a dolt for going public with saying that rebel groups should be blacklisted (that did happen, right?), but that could be a de facto policy among the agencies.

Nevertheless, I believe the best thing for the members would be to break from CCM, don't get me wrong. I hate to see anyone being cowed by a bully, let alone these seven. And in spite of the above I'm sure they can make something work - they just need (to continue) to work hard and find an agency with a vision that suits them.

But yeah, the wick on the powder keg's been lit, and the clock is ticking. I hope the girls understand the kind of fight they've got on their hands, and have the will to fight it - and, like, get quality legal assistance. I don't know how much they've considered their options, as far as breaking from CCM and what everything would mean, and how far they're willing to go for their own sake. I think Soyeon is sharp enough, and strong enough, but she'd need all the members with her - and there's still a chance I overestimate her mettle. Hyomin is a bit sheepish but I think she could be counted on for support if she were adequately inspired. I hear Eunjung is heavily influenced by her mother, and I can't speak as to the quality and quantity of that influence, but from what I've seen she's not as strong morally as she is physically. Boram and Qri are old enough to know what's what, but I don't know much about them, and Jiyeon and Hwayoung are hardworking but young; bottom line, they need to stick together and stand up for themselves. LIke you said, there's no way they will accept (or endure) conditions at CCM in the long run, but the gauntlet's been thrown and they need to answer. Especially for themselves, but also for labor relations in K-pop and for all the fans - the young people with their own dreams and hearts and whatever who want to see the good guys come through as winners, who would be especially disheartened to see a bad situation drag on.

Looks like you're more caught up with the facts than I am. But I don't know, management is still management, even if they're made of better stuff than Mr. Kim. Taking T-ara into the fold would mean a lot of things. First and foremost, dealing with a "rebel" idol group. Like you said, the last thing the agencies want is to have rebellious idols, and if T-ara succeed in breaking from CCM, they will carry that legacy around with them. I'm pretty sure some agency heads have it in their minds that they don't want to bring that kind of element in to influence their younger talents. Also, it seems widely recognized that up to four members of T-ara have various struggles with performing on stage - bringing T-ara into the fold would mean accepting an idol group with those shortcomings who nevertheless broke from their parent company. And the new company would need a good vision for the future of T-ara - just a matter of having the right stylistic vision and creativity to accommodate them, but still, they'd need to have the right people to make it happen. To a certain extent, Mr. Kim worked around T-ara's shortcomings because he had to, lacking the same talent pool as more successful agencies.

I remember the Shinhwa thing, but I think they were a bigger deal back then (than T-ara now), and more consistent across the board. I don't know much about DBSK, but Big Bang, all five of those guys look pretty solid. And I'm a little confused about how exactly the Kara thing played out. But who knows? Mr. Kim may have been a dolt for going public with saying that rebel groups should be blacklisted (that did happen, right?), but that could be a de facto policy among the agencies.

Nevertheless, I believe the best thing for the members would be to break from CCM, don't get me wrong. I hate to see anyone being cowed by a bully, let alone these seven. And in spite of the above I'm sure they can make something work.

But yeah, the wick on the powder keg's been lit, and the clock is ticking. I hope the girls understand the kind of fight they've got on their hands, and have the will to fight it - and, like, get quality legal assistance. I don't know how much they've considered their options, as far as breaking from CCM and what everything would mean, and how far they're willing to go for their own sake. I think Soyeon is sharp enough, and strong enough, but she'd need all the members with her - and there's still a chance I overestimate her mettle. Hyomin is a bit sheepish but I think she could be counted on for support if she were adequately inspired. I hear Eunjung is heavily influenced by her mother, and I can't speak as to the quality and quantity of that influence, but from what I've seen she's not as strong morally as she is physically. Boram and Qri are old enough to know what's what, but I don't know much about them, and Jiyeon and Hwayoung are hardworking but young; bottom line, they need to stick together and stand up for themselves. LIke you said, there's no way they will accept (or endure) conditions at CCM in the long run, but the gauntlet's been thrown and they need to answer. Especially for themselves, but also for labor relations in K-pop and for all the fans - the young people with their own dreams and hearts and whatever who want to see the good guys come through as winners, who would be especially disheartened to see a bad situation drag on.

You make a lot of really good points in this article. I agree with a lot of it, but...

Could T-ara really be considered a rebellious idol group if they did seek litigation for their cause? I mean, if they did hypothetically sue, it wouldn't necessarily be for the same reason as KARA, who sued because they felt they were not adequately compensated monetarily for their hard work in both Japan and Korea. In my opinion T-ara has become a poster child for the overworked idol. Their name is usually at the top of the list when an article is written about the matter or mention is made of it; in other words, would it be considered rebellious on their part if they were simply seeking better working conditions and had no other choice but to sue in order to do so? I know that Korean philosophy dictates that hard work builds character, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and I don't want T-ara to be a casualty of war in this case.

As far as T-ara's performing capabilities go if they did transfer to another agency or company, I'm not necessarily sure that would be as big an issue as you think. KKS may have successfully highlighted the girl's strengths while shadowing their weaknesses in the interim, but he did so in a dunderheaded way that ultimately did not work in the long run. As a result there are girls with untapped potential who are ultimately stuck sitting around, twiddling their thumbs while the more naturally talented girls do the majority of the work. Boram, Qri, and Hwayoung were not adequately trained prior to debut, meaning that they did not receive the same level of attention that Soyeon, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Eunjung did. They basically had to pick it up as they went. I think that the trick would be to allow the girls to have adequate time off if they DID ultimately end up leaving CCM to join another company to hone their abilities and give the girls more clearly defined roles within the group. I don't believe that the girls of T-ara are any less talented than the members of SNSD; it's just that that group was given the opportunity to train adequately prior to their debut, hence the supposed gap in terms of talent between the two groups. T-ara could have that as well if given proper attention, which they obviously haven't been getting.

When it comes to the girl's emotional fortitudes if a lawsuit does occur, that's going to be the big question on everyone's minds. One needs to only look to KARA or DBSK to see that often a group does not see eye to eye when it comes to litigious matters; three of the girls ultimately ended up sueing while two stuck by their parent label, and although the girls ultimately stayed together as a group there was a period of time when many did not know if there would be any more KARA after all was said and done. Likewise, the lawsuit DBSK brought against SME spelled the undoing of the group. I'd love to see T-ara stand together and face KKS and CCM as a group united, but lawsuits are incredibly exhausting, both mentally and physically. Dirty laundry is aired out, libel and slander occurs, and even the strongest individuals buckle under the pressure. At this point all I want is for them to be happy, though, and I just don't see them being happy if they have to stay under these kinds of conditions. This may be the point in these girl's lives where they finally take a stand for what they believe in and bring down a (self-proclaimed) Goliath. Of course, this is only under the best of circumstances, but the point is that at this time and junction there really don't seem to be any other options available to them. Things will be very shaky for both the group and the fandom for a while, regardless of the outcome on April 7th. The best advice anyone could give would be to hold on to your butt, because it's going to be a bumpy ride.

first i heard that from my friend. after i read the news, i just can't stop thinking... how are they becoming lazy while their time were actually packed?? and did boram is one of lazy person as he said, he will reduce the line for each person to sing if they are becoming lazy. oh no! this is terrible! i don't know t-ara if one of them are out. even my bias is eunjung and always eunjung but, if after the changes, even eunjung is still in there, i can't accept it easily. i love each members of 7 t-ara.

sometimes, i wonder, did KKS actually want to provoke us or it actually just a strategy of their promotion?? i hope it can't be true. :unsure:

But she could be considered lazy.

If Boram is considered lazy, then I should be considered a mindless zombie.

Virtually all the members, Boram and Qri included, get only 2-3 hours of sleep a day on average, minus whatever plane flights they have. Talent-wise she may not be as active as the Big Four but regardless, the fact she's also dragged out like that still goes to show she's put her own effort in holding out like that.

From your logic, I might as well say that support troops (comms, logistics etc.) in a military unit are considered lazy simply because the frontline combat units do most of the dirty work.

To Mongrolian and FreakyFlyBri

Yes, both of you raise very, very valid and strong points.

To sum it up simply, T-ara is working under a ruthless dictator whose management and business skills are incompetent at best and sub-human at worst. If he's been active in the entertainment industry for 30 years, that means he's been in it since he was like 20 or so - and probably also implies he most likely never got to properly study business after graduating high school. Which also goes to say, Lee Soo Man of SM and JYP both have very respectable educational background in comparison.

I think we can all agree that KKS's strategies can work in the short term (2 years at the most, as seen with T-ara) but the man clearly has no idea how to proceed in the long run - and that's something that a lot of businessmen will laugh and mock at him about. If anything, he's short-sighted like Hitler, who clearly did not prepare Germany for a long and attritional conflict no matter how much improvising was done.

It's also more bumbling that CCM thinks it can both run its idols successfully while also maintaining its own broadcasting channel (which costs a HUGE amount of money). CCM obviously is not as financially well off as the Big Three and maybe even Cube. KKS is biting off more than he could chew - and this will be detrimental later this year at the earliest. Suffice to say, the man's a complete clown - and still my dad continues to mock him (and rightfully so) when we all eat dinner.

Regarding Boram, I still have some doubts whether if she'll get the boot but as already mentioned by FlyBri, her family's position and influence in the entertainment industry isn't something to be underestimated for sure. I don't know about her family's relations with the other members of T-ara but if a lawsuit does occur, I believe her father would undoubtedly intervene and take their side. In fact, Mr. J is already likely going to pay KKS a visit and throw a tantrum anytime soon, if not already.

Yes, the Korean philosophy does dictate hard work dictates character but as a Korean myself, there clearly are boundaries even in that ideology. There's a reason why students get long summer and winter breaks (aside from the weather). T-ara however, as said by others, has been overworked since 2009. How they actually managed to bottle up all that anger, sadness and other emotions inside for so long still continues to puzzle and shock me, as well as respecting them even more. Even if there are members whose talents are lacking, or at least untapped, they should at least be given the opportunity to appear in more variety shows or dramas on their own - SM did that just fine with its more unrecognized members of SNSD and Super Junior.

Ditto, I never thought KKS had some sort of infatuation for Qri though - nor did I really recognize that. Never really figured it out until just now - personally, the mole on her nose seems a bit of a letdown but that's as much I have to say about Qri's physical appearances. Though considering she's also a internet ulzzang (or used to be), I guess there's a point. I heard she was apparently 'introduced' to KKS prior to debut and was the last member added before Hwa Young, which seems a bit fishy for me - the word 'introduce' has a lot of meanings, that's for sure.

You make a lot of really good points in this article. I agree with a lot of it, but...

Could T-ara really be considered a rebellious idol group if they did seek litigation for their cause? I mean, if they did hypothetically sue, it wouldn't necessarily be for the same reason as KARA, who sued because they felt they were not adequately compensated monetarily for their hard work in both Japan and Korea. In my opinion T-ara has become a poster child for the overworked idol. Their name is usually at the top of the list when an article is written about the matter or mention is made of it; in other words, would it be considered rebellious on their part if they were simply seeking better working conditions and had no other choice but to sue in order to do so? I know that Korean philosophy dictates that hard work builds character, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, and I don't want T-ara to be a casualty of war in this case.

As far as T-ara's performing capabilities go if they did transfer to another agency or company, I'm not necessarily sure that would be as big an issue as you think. KKS may have successfully highlighted the girl's strengths while shadowing their weaknesses in the interim, but he did so in a dunderheaded way that ultimately did not work in the long run. As a result there are girls with untapped potential who are ultimately stuck sitting around, twiddling their thumbs while the more naturally talented girls do the majority of the work. Boram, Qri, and Hwayoung were not adequately trained prior to debut, meaning that they did not receive the same level of attention that Soyeon, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Eunjung did. They basically had to pick it up as they went. I think that the trick would be to allow the girls to have adequate time off if they DID ultimately end up leaving CCM to join another company to hone their abilities and give the girls more clearly defined roles within the group. I don't believe that the girls of T-ara are any less talented than the members of SNSD; it's just that that group was given the opportunity to train adequately prior to their debut, hence the supposed gap in terms of talent between the two groups. T-ara could have that as well if given proper attention, which they obviously haven't been getting.

When it comes to the girl's emotional fortitudes if a lawsuit does occur, that's going to be the big question on everyone's minds. One needs to only look to KARA or DBSK to see that often a group does not see eye to eye when it comes to litigious matters; three of the girls ultimately ended up sueing while two stuck by their parent label, and although the girls ultimately stayed together as a group there was a period of time when many did not know if there would be any more KARA after all was said and done. Likewise, the lawsuit DBSK brought against SME spelled the undoing of the group. I'd love to see T-ara stand together and face KKS and CCM as a group united, but lawsuits are incredibly exhausting, both mentally and physically. Dirty laundry is aired out, libel and slander occurs, and even the strongest individuals buckle under the pressure. At this point all I want is for them to be happy, though, and I just don't see them being happy if they have to stay under these kinds of conditions. This may be the point in these girl's lives where they finally take a stand for what they believe in and bring down a (self-proclaimed) Goliath. Of course, this is only under the best of circumstances, but the point is that at this time and junction there really don't seem to be any other options available to them. Things will be very shaky for both the group and the fandom for a while, regardless of the outcome on April 7th. The best advice anyone could give would be to hold on to your butt, because it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Very sound throughout.

But as for the "rebel" label, as I see it it's just all the gray area between facts and interpretation. I believe they should, or that they have to separate from their current employer, but it will still take flexible, skillful management to deal with all the fallout from any such move. It's kind of like a small town where everyone knows a kid is being mistreated by his or her parents, but no one actually takes on the responsibility of taking that kid into their own household.

But among all the considerations, there will still be the level on which a group broke with their parent company. I'm pretty sure that would be a stumbling block from the management's point of view - the mindset being that, given time, it wouldn't take a big mental leap for other (especially younger) idols to move from "T-ara weren't being treated properly, and so they left," to "T-ara didn't like how they were being treated, and so they left," to "I don't like how I'm being treated, and so I will leave." And stuff like that.

As for the talent thing, yeah, I hadn't thought of a hiatus, which would help not only performance-wise but also just to clear the air after everything, recharge the batteries and all (more than the measly, threat-laced break they just got now).

Just for the record, I think they're all "good enough," even ignoring their potential to be better, and I'm all for them breaking from Mr. Kim's company. I have a thing for pointing out negatives that I hope isn't taken as adopting those viewpoints or trying to discourage people from taking certain paths.

But most of all, I hope that onlookers will recognize that this whole thing isn't Mr. Kim coming up with another crazy scheme, he's threatening the members because they spoke up for themselves. The girls need to fight this, and they will need support to get through it.

That sucks really, but punishment is only derived from faults... If what he's saying is true, I think its a bit harsh... T-ARA is already as good as it is, they just need more exposure, adding more members will broaden fanbase and give them a better range in their musical scores, replacing member however will just cause more problems than produce solutions. If it works why fix it, right?

As a fan, I don't want to see anyone gone, I mean this is the only girl group I know that I liked all of the members, admired all of them, and it would just be disappointing to have them be replaced... Its just like disbanding them and forming a new group. It ain't T-ARA anymore, they would start from scratch and try to go past all of the competition once again to be at the top.

If you ask me the risks are just too high to reform an already successful group. They are well recognized in other countries and such, in my humble opinion the competition had just too much and too many exposures, they have a lot of tv appearances, they have their own show more than once, they show their raw talent every now and then even if some are not that interesting...

I think adding more members "may" and "could" help but replacing will just be downright wrong and may cause split fans, group uncertainty and even to abandonment. I say, change their marketing strategy, invest more on the group, if they need to add so be it, if the problem is they can't sing that well, the other girl groups also have those type of people but they well survive. Investing more means giving them opportunity for tv guestings, their own show, and other stuff.. The same marketing formula the other company did, it may bring success or even better they may get what they want, to be on top.

well, soyeon is my bias so i know she's not lazy..

he mentioned the word 'lazy' & 'prideful' so it might be 2 persons in his mind..idk about which member is lazy but i keep thinking that soyeon might be, just might be prideful..she's the leader & pretty much a witty girl..

lazy??? kks must be absurd..there is no way that any of them being lazy..even other fandoms approved for that facts..kks really put a lump of dirt to both mnet & t-ara face..other fandom just cant believe t-ara's own ceo brought them down..

who knows what had been played inside that old man's mind..

Soyeon is my bias too but I don't think any members is lazy.If he says didn't work as hard as others,I can still accept,but lazy,Heck NO.They worked their butt off.I can't recall how many times Eunjung,Jiyeon and Hyomin were admitted to the hospital due to injury or fatigue.I pity all of them especially our 2 main actresses and Boram since she has a weak body.

However,"prideful" member might be her.We can still remember how she grabbed Hyomin and Boram in front of the camera and told the whole world about how they did not have a break since debut a couple times.As her fan,I think that is one of the bravest act but in KKS's eyes,her words might have offended him.He just never admit his own mistake.I hope she can stood up for the girls.Be strong and fight back.Please give him the taste of his own medicine.

i don't think there will be any member change...that's just stupid...they are at the height of their career

i can understand member change in the beginning of their career but right now is just stupid

Well, CCM's level of management, as well as KKS himself, aren't exactly what you can call great.

In fact, they're among the worst agencies in business - before T-ara debuted, they had SG Wannabe, SeeYa and Lee Hyori, all of whom left CCM after working for it for just a few years. And just look at their epic failure with Co-Ed. With an egoistic parasite like Kim Kwang Su around, anything bad is bound to happen. Why? Because he only cares about himself.

Well, CCM's level of management, as well as KKS himself, aren't exactly what you can call great.

In fact, they're among the worst agencies in business - before T-ara debuted, they had SG Wannabe, SeeYa and Lee Hyori, all of whom left CCM after working for it for just a few years. And just look at their epic failure with Co-Ed. With an egoistic parasite like Kim Kwang Su around, anything bad is bound to happen. Why? Because he only cares about himself.

yes kks is known for doing crazy things but replacing an existing member with someone else would be devastating to t-ara...

t-ara will lose a lot of fans i.e. less money for kks...i think he at least knows this...i hope :(

yes kks is known for doing crazy things but replacing an existing member with someone else would be devastating to t-ara...

t-ara will lose a lot of fans i.e. less money for kks...i think he at least knows this...i hope :(

Of course it's crazy, stupid and ridiculous - hell, even enough to warrant a visit to the mental hospital.

But frankly, KKS doesn't care about fans so long as he gets money out of both T-ara and their fans as well as beating SM Entertainment by replacing SNSD as the top national girl idol group. If you have a big and sick ego like KKS, rationality and logic are almost completely non-existent. There's a reason why some historians point out that Hitler himself was one of the important factors to Germany's defeat in World War 2 - it was his ego.

What would everybody think in the WORST CASE scenario that some members were kicked out, but they were transferred to other groups?

Say Qri and Boram moved to 5dolls/Co-Ed, and Soyeon moved to Davichi?

Would you rather the girls be transferred to another group, or to just leave CCM completely and sign with a new agency for a new start?

What would everybody think in the WORST CASE scenario that some members were kicked out, but they were transferred to other groups?

Say Qri and Boram moved to 5dolls/Co-Ed, and Soyeon moved to Davichi?

Would you rather the girls be transferred to another group, or to just leave CCM completely and sign with a new agency for a new start?

I'd rather them leave CCM completely and sign with a new agency with a new start. CCM's business strategies are only effective in the short term. Long term-wise, they're a walking disaster.

As we all may know, Co-Ed is pretty much non-existent and adding Qri and Boram isn't going to put much effect into it. So Yeon into Davichi may also bring up a quite a bit of flak from the latter's fans, not to mention she'd be overshadowed by Kang Min Kyung and Lee Haeri by a considerable margin in both talent and image.

The current members are simply just not very replaceable - they may have been back in 2009 and 2010 since they weren't highly popular at that time. Hell, I don't see SM attempting to transfer SNSD members into f(x) or SuJu members into DBSK. Or YG trying to put Gummy into 2NE1 or JYP putting So Hee with Miss A.