Diadem Forums

[12.03.15] T-ara to become 7~9 members, including replacing members

nathaniel

What would everybody think in the WORST CASE scenario that some members were kicked out, but they were transferred to other groups?

Say Qri and Boram moved to 5dolls/Co-Ed, and Soyeon moved to Davichi?

Would you rather the girls be transferred to another group, or to just leave CCM completely and sign with a new agency for a new start?

I'd rather they all just leave as a whole and try to sign with a different agency. CCM obviously lacks competence as seen by this boneheaded move, and I don't think the girls are going to be any happier signed to different groups as long as they are under KKS's thumb. If anything that's exactly what he wants; for them to know that he can do as he wishes, at whatever point, without repercussion.

Barring that, T-ara just wouldn't be T-ara unless each of the seven girls were present. I've grown to love each and every one of them for different reasons, and I'm sure a lot of fans echo this sentiment as well. I can deal with additions (although I don't think they're necessary), but I'm not sure how I would deal with a subtraction, unless it was something the member in question genuinely wanted. But I stan hardcore for them, so it may be a different case entirely with the more casual fan. But yeah, I just believe that they just work together very well; even with the obvious issues they have (tired performances, uneven line distribution, etc.) they have that "X-factor" as a group that makes people like them; they complement each other very well. To tamper with that is sheer lunacy.

Anyways, the absolute WORST case scenario, in my opinion anyways, is that a member is kicked out and their contract with CCM is terminated prematurely, effectively giving them no place to go. It happened to Bekah in After School (if her Tumblr is to be believed)...it very well could happen to a member of T-ara. And if said member decided to take the Bekah route and leave gracefully instead of speaking out about what TRULY happened, then there really isn't much that could be done.

I write for AllKPop now and want to write an opinion piece about this situation, but I don't even know what to say yet because I'm very confused and the details CCM gave us have been so vague.

There is so much that you could do with an article like that, and I know you're a good journalist because I follow your blog religiously lol. AKP is a HUGE deal, I know that a lot of the Korean agencies use it to see what kind of press they're getting internationally (which is why the site's contributors stopped being such d**cks when they would report something, lol). To think that your article could make a difference (and it very well could) is pretty damn awesome.

There is so much that you could do with an article like that, and I know you're a good journalist because I follow your blog religiously lol. AKP is a HUGE deal, I know that a lot of the Korean agencies use it to see what kind of press they're getting internationally (which is why the site's contributors stopped being such d**cks when they would report something, lol). To think that your article could make a difference (and it very well could) is pretty damn awesome.

Oh you read my blog? Amazing! Thank you <3 Are you Brian?

The thing with AKP is though, that even though they want me for opinion pieces and reviews (they are trying to boost their original editorial content now, rather than just news translations) I obviously can't say anything too crazy and controversial. I can't be on there trashing CCM hardcore or anything lol.

But I would like to write something fun but serious with my thoughts about why T-ara should stay how they are. I can say it in a respectful way.

I'd rather they all just leave as a whole and try to sign with a different agency. CCM obviously lacks competence as seen by this boneheaded move, and I don't think the girls are going to be any happier signed to different groups as long as they are under KKS's thumb. If anything that's exactly what he wants; for them to know that he can do as he wishes, at whatever point, without repercussion.

Barring that, T-ara just wouldn't be T-ara unless each of the seven girls were present. I've grown to love each and every one of them for different reasons, and I'm sure a lot of fans echo this sentiment as well. I can deal with additions (although I don't think they're necessary), but I'm not sure how I would deal with a subtraction, unless it was something the member in question genuinely wanted. But I stan hardcore for them, so it may be a different case entirely with the more casual fan. But yeah, I just believe that they just work together very well; even with the obvious issues they have (tired performances, uneven line distribution, etc.) they have that "X-factor" as a group that makes people like them; they complement each other very well. To tamper with that is sheer lunacy.

Anyways, the absolute WORST case scenario, in my opinion anyways, is that a member is kicked out and their contract with CCM is terminated prematurely, effectively giving them no place to go. It happened to Bekah in After School (if her Tumblr is to be believed)...it very well could happen to a member of T-ara. And if said member decided to take the Bekah route and leave gracefully instead of speaking out about what TRULY happened, then there really isn't much that could be done.

I think T-ara would be scared to put up a fight and do a lawsuit against CCM. I wouldn't want CCM threatening them, such as leaking scandalous behind the scenes dirt that could ruin their careers. Many idols have huge scandals that the public don't know about it, and I wouldn't want CCM making T-ara's public.

I serisouly don't know what CCM thinking , currently T-ara is perfect for most of us , i don't care about changing their music style or concept but when it come to ADD or REPLACE for the members then it will be ridiculous. I m gurantee that if they replacing either one of the them , whole group will be screwed. Trust me.

Correct me but didn't Bekah leave AS because she wanted to become a designer? She even said she hoped to design an album for AS in the future

I think it's the CEO who has to be replaced! :/ He changed,add and removed T-ara's members right from the beginning when T-ara started out as a 5 group member. Although I prefer the present T-ara members, but it took me a long time to accept Hwa Young as a T-ara member. Is there nothing the fans can do to stop the CEO from replacing our beloved members? T_T After all, without the fans, there's no T-ara. And adding more members to make it a 9 member group... it seems like he's just making excuses by accusing them of being lazy, just cause he wants to use T-ara's fame to make the group become one like SNSD's. :( And I thought their company was professional :/

Oh you read my blog? Amazing! Thank you <3 Are you Brian?

The thing with AKP is though, that even though they want me for opinion pieces and reviews (they are trying to boost their original editorial content now, rather than just news translations) I obviously can't say anything too crazy and controversial. I can't be on there trashing CCM hardcore or anything lol.

But I would like to write something fun but serious with my thoughts about why T-ara should stay how they are. I can say it in a respectful way.

I think T-ara would be scared to put up a fight and do a lawsuit against CCM. I wouldn't want CCM threatening them, such as leaking scandalous behind the scenes dirt that could ruin their careers. Many idols have huge scandals that the public don't know about it, and I wouldn't want CCM making T-ara's public.

Frankly, I don't think the members would be too scared to fight back if they've been pushed around and bullied for long - as we all know, they're almost reaching their third year since debut and as GD of Big Bang said, idols get the tendency to rebel at that stage. Even if they go down the drains and become forgotten, they'd probably prefer that over having to be a mindless slave for that despicable sub-human for God-knows-how-long.

Even if CCM leaks behind-the-scene scandals, the real question is whether the public will believe them or not by the time T-ara files a lawsuit. SM sure as hell didn't have much to leak out when DBSK and Han Geng went up against them and the only thing they could say was that JYJ were doing it for personal gain - which made them look like complete clowns who had little to no idea how to respond to the situation. CCM certainly didn't leak anything about Nam Gyuri when she left. If anything, leaking such scandals can even drag the police into the mess - last thing any talent agency would want is the police knocking on their doors with search warrants.

As far as I know, lawsuits by idols usually gain sympathy and support from the public and the number of those that support the agencies is significantly lower. Hell, when KARA went up against DSP, virtually everyone I know that catches around with Kpop news sided with KARA - some even went as far as slandering DSP. Suffice to say, talent agencies in general at Korea don't really have much of a good reputation, although the Big Three may be an exception to a degree. The case of actress Jang Ja Yeon's suicide back in early 2009 in particular raised public awareness about the dark side of the talent agencies.

I think it's the CEO who has to be replaced! :/ He changed,add and removed T-ara's members right from the beginning when T-ara started out as a 5 group member. Although I prefer the present T-ara members, but it took me a long time to accept Hwa Young as a T-ara member. Is there nothing the fans can do to stop the CEO from replacing our beloved members? T_T After all, without the fans, there's no T-ara. And adding more members to make it a 9 member group... it seems like he's just making excuses by accusing them of being lazy, just cause he wants to use T-ara's fame to make the group become one like SNSD's. :( And I thought their company was professional :/

The only thing us fans can do is

a) simply stop becoming fans if our favorite members are kicked out or the line-up is radically changed

B) make a mob and attack CCM's HQ and lynch KKS

c) don't buy anything about T-ara after April 7th

d) assassinate KKS

Of course, option B and D are quite imaginery at best.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you thought CCM was professional, you've been manipulated by them till now.

CCM's level of management was always laughable and even downright pathetic.

Correct me but didn't Bekah leave AS because she wanted to become a designer? She even said she hoped to design an album for AS in the future

That's what she said, but like I said, it sounded like there were extenuating circumstances on a post she made on her Tumblr. She's since deleted it (which is suspicious in and of itself) but you can read the post in its entirety here: http://blog.ningin.com/2011/10/18/bekahs-recent-tumblr-post-reads-like-shes-giving-the-finger-to-pledis/

It sounds like she was given her pink slip by Pledis, and instead of making a fuss about it she left with her head held high and decided not to publicly call them out on it. Even this requires you to read in between the lines...but not all that much. And she wasn't necessarily correcting her fans and people who commented on the entry by saying it wasn't about Pledis...

That's what she said, but like I said, it sounded like there were extenuating circumstances on a post she made on her Tumblr. She's since deleted it (which is suspicious in and of itself) but you can read the post in its entirety here: http://blog.ningin.c...nger-to-pledis/

It sounds like she was given her pink slip by Pledis, and instead of making a fuss about it she left with her head held high and decided not to publicly call them out on it. Even this requires you to read in between the lines...but not all that much. And she wasn't necessarily correcting her fans and people who commented on the entry by saying it wasn't about Pledis...

Ah I see. Now that you mention it, it could be quite related to Pledis' rather ridiculous and laughable member system. Makes me wonder who's the next one to get the boot in that group O.O

a) simply stop becoming fans if our favorite members are kicked out or the line-up is radically changed

d) assassinate KKS

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you thought CCM was professional, you've been manipulated by them till now.

d) assassinate KKS

I totally agree what you said. CCM is so fail !

Ah I see. Now that you mention it, it could be quite related to Pledis' rather ridiculous and laughable member system. Makes me wonder who's the next one to get the boot in that group O.O

And I think I remember Bekah making comments implying that she hated the Idol life, like the huge workloads and everything. I think she felt underappreciated, like she and the girls put in so much effort but it was never considered good enough.

i don't get it. First they say they're not gonna do any acting so they can concentrate on music.

Then they say they need to give members more time for other activities.

Does this mean jiyeon is leaving to become a full-time actress?

Really hope it turns out ok. My hearts breaking just thinking about what might happen.

If Boram is considered lazy, then I should be considered a mindless zombie.

Virtually all the members, Boram and Qri included, get only 2-3 hours of sleep a day on average, minus whatever plane flights they have. Talent-wise she may not be as active as the Big Four but regardless, the fact she's also dragged out like that still goes to show she's put her own effort in holding out like that.

From your logic, I might as well say that support troops (comms, logistics etc.) in a military unit are considered lazy simply because the frontline combat units do most of the dirty work.

I meant maybe Kim Kwang Soo finds her lazy since i noticed she doesn't move that well when onstage.

Just speculating what he is thinking in that brain of his.

What would everybody think in the WORST CASE scenario that some members were kicked out, but they were transferred to other groups?

Say Qri and Boram moved to 5dolls/Co-Ed, and Soyeon moved to Davichi?

Would you rather the girls be transferred to another group, or to just leave CCM completely and sign with a new agency for a new start?

I don't have any comment about Boram and Qri move to Co-ed,they already have tons of members.I think 12 members is more than enough.

Now,about Soyeon moving to Davichi.Although we all know that Soyeon has a great vocal,but no one can deny how powerful Min Kyung and Haeri's vocals are and they are in the TOP 10 most powerful (girl) singers in KPOP.So,if Soyeon is in the group,I'm afraid she'll "sink".Davichi is doing great now and I don't think adding a member to the group is necessary.He just love messing up with the artists,so I hope he'll leave Davichi as the way they are now.

I rather see them "dump" that stupid CEO and sign with another agency instead.Now,I really want to see how our girls (especially the leader) handle all this crap.It sickening me to see the devil keeps torturing T-ara both physical and mentally.

Guest pol90

i think, eunjung or jiyeon want to leave..maybe they want to pursue their dream as an actress..hehe..maybe jiyeon have the wake up call after DH2 LoL.. But, i really say goodbye to T-ara if 2 of them leave T-ara..because i love T-ara because of jiyeon.. but well,if its jiyeon decision to leave i respect her decision...

Did all of you notice that, many of T-ara member complaining recently..maybe this also the reason why the ceo doing this.. anyway, i really hate this if its gonna happen..ow i just wait april..

Like most people I feel that this announcement made no sense at all. So I asked myself, "What's REALLY going on?" The most likely scenario I can conjure up is that one or more members have asked to switch career paths to acting.

I think the earlier "T-ara to quit acting" announcement was the result of him telling the girls that if they don't want to do both, then acting is the activity that will take a back seat.

Given the reports of exhaustion, sometimes to the point of hospitalization, it's easy to imagine that at least one member decided they still would rather leave the idol life behind and pursue a career dedicated to acting.

After the KARA situation, it's also easy to speculate that KKS would basically tell them that if they don't want to be in T-ara, they can kiss their entertainment career good-bye. Then tell the world that if any member does quit, it's because they're lazy. And then to punish the whole group, threaten to reduce their paychecks by forcing the pie to be split 9 ways rather than just seven.

This is all just me speculatin'. Like I said, nothing else makes sense, given the info we have.

I write for AllKPop now and want to write an opinion piece about this situation, but I don't even know what to say yet because I'm very confused and the details CCM gave us have been so vague.

i've read your blog's articles before..no wonder your username was so familiar..

anyway, you should write an article that could make the reader ponder for a probability prior to 7/4/12..

anyway, we cant speculate yet since there is no further news about this..i guess we really have to wait..a bit longer..

And I think I remember Bekah making comments implying that she hated the Idol life, like the huge workloads and everything. I think she felt underappreciated, like she and the girls put in so much effort but it was never considered good enough.

Hmm, if that really is the case, all I can say is good luck to her. After School for one thing, was never able to reach the level of popularity and recognizement as other idol groups, especially with several of its members.

I meant maybe Kim Kwang Soo finds her lazy since i noticed she doesn't move that well when onstage.

Just speculating what he is thinking in that brain of his.

If KKS finds her lazy simply because she doesn't move that well when onstage (which is due to being overworked and terribly exhausted and we all know whose fault is that), then by all means, he should be sent over to North Korea as packaged food for the people starving there.

Like most people I feel that this announcement made no sense at all. So I asked myself, "What's REALLY going on?" The most likely scenario I can conjure up is that one or more members have asked to switch career paths to acting.

I think the earlier "T-ara to quit acting" announcement was the result of him telling the girls that if they don't want to do both, then acting is the activity that will take a back seat.

Given the reports of exhaustion, sometimes to the point of hospitalization, it's easy to imagine that at least one member decided they still would rather leave the idol life behind and pursue a career dedicated to acting.

After the KARA situation, it's also easy to speculate that KKS would basically tell them that if they don't want to be in T-ara, they can kiss their entertainment career good-bye. Then tell the world that if any member does quit, it's because they're lazy. And then to punish the whole group, threaten to reduce their paychecks by forcing the pie to be split 9 ways rather than just seven.

This is all just me speculatin'. Like I said, nothing else makes sense, given the info we have.

Hmm, if what you said were the case, then we're looking at either Eun Jung or Ji Yeon as the most likely candidates that would leave, considering both were actresses before debut and it was their original goal in the start. And as we all know, they're among the most overworked members, if not THE most.

But even then, if either of those two (or both) were the ones to leave, the impact would be immense, considering their positions in T-ara are very, very difficult to replace at this stage - not to mention they're also original members and perhaps the most well-known. Unless they're very selfish bastards themselves, it really doesn't seem all that possible that they asked for a career fully dedicated to acting - though it certainly cannot be ruled out and is open to discussion.

Minus Hwa Young, given that the six members have been together since 2009, it's hard to imagine that they'd go their own way in such a fashion.

By the way, I don't think lowering their paycheck is the only punishment he'll be using. The guy's a nutcase, no doubt about it. If anything, lowering the paycheck is only going to further anger the current members and cause more bad news in the long run. He's more concerned with his own ego and ambition of beating one of the Big Three - in which that would be SM and its group SNSD.