Diadem Forums

[12.03.15] T-ara to become 7~9 members, including replacing members

nathaniel

I guess I'm rather slow in catching up with the news, busy days and all.

I'm feeling rather alarmed and cautious about this. I'm not all that much opposed against change itself (to be frank, I'm mostly attached with four out of the seven girls, and I'm feeling pretty safe that they would never be replaced) and I would welcome any new member additions. Though I don't really see the point of adding more members at this point in time (6-7 is probably ideal for a group), I can see ~9 members working as well (see SNSD).

What seems rather unreal is the 'threat' of replacing members. Which is essentially, firing someone, and I can't see any fan particularly impressed with this. Or the remaining group members themselves, for that matter. While, again, to be frank, I could personally tolerate some members replaced, I find it hard to accept this as a well thought out move.

I assume the only financial reason to do such a replacement would be if the management would be trying to enlarge its fanbase using 'new' personnalities that would appeal to an audience that T-ara currently does not. Then they'd accept the damages of losing an existing member and hope that the new gain would outweight the loss. However, I don't really see why they can't do the same with just adding members without replacing anyone. It doesn't make all that much sense.

Lastly, I think that doing just a bold announcement of replacing a member and then adding 'maybe' and 'perhaps' is a bit misty as well. The way I see it, replacing a member should have been a tough decision and a well calculated plan, which does not fit with the current ambiguity of the announced 'maybe'. You don't go about your employees and say 'hey I'm thinking of firing you, maybe', unless you're absolutely sure you'll fire him. With that in mind, I'm closer to believing that they are just testing the waters to gauge the people reactions. I don't think I can accept a different reasoning.

Guess I'll have to wait a couple of days more. T-ara hwaiting!

[12.03.15] T-ara to become 7~9 members, including replacing members

a>

Core Contents Media's CEO Kim Kwangsoo announced that there will be a big change coming in April. Revealed today, the current seven member group could become eight or nine. Whether it's an addition of members, or replacing members, is not yet decided.

The purpose isn't to remove or to add but to give the members who give effort and display their skills more opportunities through activities. This is intended to introduce the principle of a competition so the opportunities aren't given to the members who are prideful and lazy.

Kim Kwangoo commented, "I've had 30 years of experience and have done much with singers starting as rookies. After three years as activities as a singer, pride and laziness is effected. Stress becomes a bigger deal and it gets harder. You can't win the competition with this type of mindset. This is what has ruined a lot of singers. If there's no effort or there is no singing skills, the members will not be given parts (measures) to sing."

Kim Kwangsoo also that to take T-ara onto another level and in order to develop the group further, T-ara's music style and concepts will change, including the group members. More information will be released on April 7th.

Meanwhile, T-ara will create a fanclub and hold a concert in July.

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120315n04605

Translated by: Nathaniel + maknaes. @ Diadem

latest news seem to suggest that it is likely that t-ara will become 9 members??!!

and that changes will be announced on the 6th instead of the 7th??

http://news.nate.com/view/20120405n11401

its most likely going to be davichi fusing with T-ara.. which in all circumstances is the best in my opinion.. i dont agree with changing t-aras group dynamic. but if is gonna do it then that is the best scenario.. i just feel sorry for Boram,Qri . hwayoung and Eunjung, because there lines will decrease even more, maybe to non exsistant(we laready know boram and qri usually get 1 line if any, and EJ has been getting phased out lately) essientially KKS has made t-ara a 5 member group with 4 backup dancers

Lastest news from CCM twitter:

"Core Contents Media @CoreContentsCCM previously announced that T-ara would be undergoing extensive member changes.CCM has decided to move up the announcement date to April 6"

Is the day T-ara will be going to the Wave in Bangkok concert and a three days before they leave to Europe. Is today, we'll see what happens.

CCM deleted the background picture of their twitter account, weeks before was always T-ara related.

its most likely going to be davichi fusing with T-ara.. which in all circumstances is the best in my opinion.. i dont agree with changing t-aras group dynamic. but if is gonna do it then that is the best scenario.. i just feel sorry for Boram,Qri . hwayoung and Eunjung, because there lines will decrease even more, maybe to non exsistant(we laready know boram and qri usually get 1 line if any, and EJ has been getting phased out lately) essientially KKS has made t-ara a 5 member group with 4 backup dancers

Nah,I don't think Davichi will combine with T-ara.Both of them have totally different styles.While Davichi is more like a ballad group and they don't consider as an idol since idol dance and sing at the same time,T-ara is a group that produce catchy songs (of course,some of them are ballad).We all know Soyeon,Hyomin and Eunjung a.k.a S.H.E are good singers but no one can deny how powerful Davichi are when you talk about vocals.They are indeed widely regarded as one of the TOP 10 (or even TOP 5) best female singers in Korea.If they join T-ara,The S.H.E will "sink" and it will only lead to fan wars and a huge flak between the groups.

I highly doubt Davichi would be fused with T-ara.

Davichi is doing well on its own right and they're actually quite popular in Korea - . Their songs do well in the music charts too. Vocal-wise, they're also much more powerful than any of the T-ara members (So Yeon included). If Davichi fused with T-ara, then it effectively makes So Yeon, Hyomin and Eun Jung's role useless as main and lead vocalists and worst case scenario, put them down to sub-vocals while Boram, Ji Yeon and Qri are used as backup dancers for the most part.

Furthermore, it could also be counterproductive for Ji Yeon as Kang Min Kyung is also quite popular for her looks as well, possibly replacing Ji Yeon as the 'face' of T-ara. I'll also note that Lee Haeri is actually older than Boram and Qri, replacing the two as the oldest in the group.

Whoa, conspiracy theory...while I agree that KKS is really stupid, I doubt he'd actually have Soyeon injured considering how counterproductive that would be. Also, he'd be screwed if she revealed it; even if some people don't believe her, his stocks would probably plummet from the bad press. And yeah, definite lack of evidence...I feel that your claim there is a little too much. Possible, even makes sense in a really creepy way, but yeah. I really hope it was just some accident and nothing deliberate...or I'll seriously lose faith in the world.

On a side note, adding more members just seems silly; the screen time is stretched as is, any more and you'll just be adding backup dancers. 7 is good, but when you get more than that...*sigh*

I don't normally believe in conspiracy theories myself either (in fact, I think most of them are BS) but considering how potentially counterproductive adding more members is, I think it's quite possible KKS may have injured So Yeon. Chances are it's unlikely but it's not easy to rule out.

We're talking about a clown who's more concerned with money and his own ego than anything else. Plus, we hadn't really heard So Yeon complain about anything ever since she publicly spoke on TV 2 months ago that T-ara didn't have a vacation since debut.

She says that and then recently, plays it off awfully cooly regarding the member addition - it simply just doesn't add up.

Plus, we hadn't really heard So Yeon complain about anything ever since she publicly spoke on TV 2 months ago that T-ara didn't have a vacation since debut.

She says that and then recently, plays it off awfully cooly regarding the member addition - it simply just doesn't add up.

This *nods*.We all know how outspoken,honest (at least in my opinion) and loud Soyeon is.However,the way she and other T-ara members said regarding the addition of the new members just ain't right.Nobody in their right minds would believe they're saying the truth.Most likely,they were forced to say something "nice" and gave "safe" comments about it.KKS (or simply KKM):Okay,this is how you guys need say *hold notes card*

He had clearly stated that he wont hesitate to kick out any member that is not supportive with the addition of the new members so the girls won't dare to lose their jobs.If Soyeon the leader can't really say anything about it,what more for the other girls?They're as scared as **** now.That heartless and inhuman douche bag keeps threatening and blackmailing the girls and cares the least towards the girls.

I wonder how much more can the girls take before the explode.This whole stuff and nonsense will definitely put Soyeon as T-ara's leader to test (as you always says :P )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...