Diadem Forums

[12.04.05] 7-member T-ara to reveal surprise tomorrow, "Becoming a 9-member group"

nathaniel

[12.04.05] 7-member T-ara to reveal surprise tomorrow, "Becoming a 9-member group"

2012040511261579962_1.jpg

7-member girl group T-ara have revealed the high possibility of making big changes to their group.

On the 5th, officials revealed to Star News that the seven members of T-ara: Boram, Qri, Eunjung, Hyomin, Hwayoung, Jiyeon and Soyeon, will release new songs and promote this summer, along with the high likelihood of adding two new people to become a nine-member group.

T-ara's CEO Kim Kwangsoo said last month on the 14th that to take T-ara onto another level and in order to develop the group further, T-ara's music style and concepts will change, including the group members.

Because the music industry is always changing and to keep people interested in T-ara, the seven member group have asserted they'll change into a nine-member group.

T-ara debuted in 2009 and had consecutive hits beginning last summer with "Roly-Poly", "Cry Cry" and "Lovey-Dovey". It was recently revealed that for the first quarter of the year, Lovey-Dovey was ranked #1 on every Monkey3 music chart.

T-ara also debuted in Japan and received a lot of attention and had the highest Korean girl group debut on the Oricon charts in history.

The change in T-ara is expected to recruit members from foreign countries.

Core Contents Media is still being cautious about the situation.

An official said, "We can't confirm anything right now because it's not for sure yet. Kim Kwangsoo originally planned to reveal everything on the 7th, but decided to do an advance announcement to reveal everything on the 6th instead."

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120405n11401

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Its okay if they'll add 2 members but please don't replacing the original members.. 9 members it doesn't mean they want to follow Snsd.. Snsd & T-ara clearly has different concept & music. I dont think people out there will make comparison between these 2 groups & maybe 1 or 2 months people will talking about this & after that people out there (usually trolls/haters) will shut their mouth. You know what make it 9 members will make their singing skill on stage much much better than before.. I'm sure they will get lesser line (except Soyeon & Hyomin) but its better than nothing right?

Its okay if they'll add 2 members but please don't replacing the original members.. 9 members it doesn't mean they want to follow Snsd.. Snsd & T-ara clearly has different concept & music. I dont think people out there will make comparison between these 2 groups & maybe 1 or 2 months people will talking about this & after that people out there (usually trolls/haters) will shut their mouth. You know what make it 9 members will make their singing skill on stage much much better than before.. I'm sure they will get lesser line (except Soyeon & Hyomin) but its better than nothing right?

no one has brought up snsd though.

just gonna wait for the official news~

Rather take the addition then have any of the members replaced. I think KKS would have seen a fan riot if they did that.

Wondering why make it a 9 group instead of just 1 extra addition. Bet they're trying to make a "new SNSD" team to take them on

Lame. Should stick with the 7 but whatever. My thoughts are that they're gonna add Hwayoung's twin sister and ChanMi from CoED

Honestly, I'm just happy that they are not removing any of the members. I know that new members will sick at first, but they will eventually grow on me like Hwayoung did. I can't imagine T-ara without her now.

The only thing that bothers me is the inevitable SNSD comparisons. I can just imagine all of that hate that they will be getting from obsessed SONEs.... :-/