Diadem Forums

[12.04.05] 7-member T-ara to reveal surprise tomorrow, "Becoming a 9-member group"

nathaniel

An allkpop article mentioned that this maybe targeted to compete with SNSD in the Japanese market.... that's stupid if its true.. to compete, instead of copying the numbers of SNSD members, CCM should copy how more evenly SNSD distributes song parts and spotlights to its members.. (which also involves better vocal training and showcases for Qri, Boram and Hwayoung...)

I think CCM should copy SM on how to spend its money more wisely as well.

Making three MVs of the same song is a huge waste of money, as well as time and effort to a degree.

SM is one of the most business-savvy agencies in K-pop - like you said, they know how to promote their idols (or mostly anyway). CCM will never get to SM's level of promoting and giving its idols the spotlight, especially with a cuckoo head like KKS. Hell, I won't even consider him a Korean - more like someone who lived much of his life in cuckoo land.

not totally behind this. not sure if its a good idea. but to be fair i am not a CEO of a pop music label and dont know everything about marketting. IMO i think frequent changes in members (even if its just additions) hurts a groups connection.

the 7 member t-ara has a bond and a dynamic. throwing more people into that may disrupt that. this is only my opinion again. groups like after school, and AKB have changes in their members and for me it was what made me lose interest. (and the simple fact that akb48 just has too many members its a little overwhelming. lol) not that 9 is too much. its just t-ara was 5. then 6. then 7. now 9. will they have more members next year? when will this end?

i dont think it would matter that much, however t-ara's fans dont seem to keen on adding members. especially when most of them feel all of them arent utilized properly. the on-going complaint among t-aras fanbase is certain members dont sing enough or even appear on screen enough.

t-ara is one of my favorite groups/artists of all time. t-aras music is whats most important. as long as they keep making awesome music i will continue to be a fan. even if this news isnt what i want to hear.

i guess we will know for sure when the news drops whats really going on.

but my biggest concern is now this 7 tattoo i got to honor t-ara i have is going to look really stupid now that t-ara is no longer gona be 7 members. d'oh!! lol

words can't describe my feeling now..i wonder why CCM want to add 2 additional members to T-ara, they are creating trouble just like what they did when adding Hwayoung to T-ara..People took so long to accept Hwayoung, why CCM still creating more and more Hwayoung..can't they just create a new group for the two girls? If the girls are capable, no need to gain popularity by joining to T-ara, if they are not capable, no point they join T-ara :angry:

if the new girls are for boosting up T-ara's level to other countries, why not get them tutor on languages, as a fan from foreign country, I can learn korean, why not CCM give a chance to T-ara to learn our languages?

xxxx the CEO. 7 was enough, in fact perfect. In another article, the CEO cited his reason as T-ara being lazy. Lazy my ass. Now T-ara will become 9. Now they will be needlessly compared to SNSD. SNSD already received alot of criticisms just for being a large, 9 member group. Now T-ara will have to endure that same situation.

I dont like this news :(. They are great with 6 back then, and 7 was acceptable, but why 9? Why does the company has to add 2 more, they were fine with 7. To many members, they will get less line to sing :(. My Eunjung/Jiyeon/Qri will even get to sing less, thats so sad. Too many members in a group doesnt mean a good thing. Hope he will reconsider the decision.

While I'm happy that nobody is leaving, adding people will more than likely change the group's dynamic among the members. I don't want people dividing into cliques or fighting in order to be in the spotlight more. That is the downfall of After School, and I don't want that happening with T-ara.

I hope the girls added are dancers. I do hope they can sing ok, but I noticed there aren't any strong dancers in T-ara. That way no spotlight is stolen.

I dont know why they add a 2 neew members to T-ara, but I accept that. It Better option than replacing some members.

And now T-ara will be compared to SNSD, both are great girlsbands. ( SNSD are great girlsband with 9 members becouse they are started with 9 members. And fans used to it)

Some of T-ara members singing only few lines now, and what will be, when they add 2 new members. They singing even less lines?

"Because the music industry is always changing and to keep people interested in T-ara...."

Pwahaha,I laughed at this comment.Didn't he know that changing any members/concepts will only make fans "go away"?Yes,music industry is always changing,but why fix things that didn't broke?Though I'm relieved no member is removed.

Actually,I'm kinda worried with this whole thing.There's a huge chance that the old members couldn't get along with the news members.I'm sure some will say that the new members only "ride" the popularity that the old members had build since the beginning.The last thing I wanna hear is they disband due to "personal circumstances".

Why add another members when with 6 (now with 7),they can't even distribute lines fairly?So,some of the members will only act as backup dancers?

Now I know why they moved to another dorm.Well,more people,bigger rooms..... C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. He says he wants to improve the current T-ara but what does sticking two newbies into a group, who obviously already has a large fan base and popular, have anything to do with improving T-ara? I'm sure that T-ara isn't lacking in any of the entertainment departments. We know they all can sing, they just aren't given the opportunities to showcase it.

And with the addition of those two new members, it's obvious that those opportunities just flew out the window.

As a fan, my thoughts are just that. I can't and probably won't be able to accept these new members because i feel like they're getting a free ride to popularity, endorsements and what nots because they got put into T-ara, who worked their asses off.

And frankly, they should've moved dorms when Hwayoung joined... >->

=.= i think it is pretty obsolete to add in new members. unless they are worried that increasing the current members' workload (like filming for jieyon and eunjung) will cause a pathetic handful of them in music program performances. maybe that's why the rest of the members dont get the opportunity to venture into areas like filming and varieties as well. in a nutshell, it is the greed of the company that couldnt be blamed because money seems to be everything to life ):

moreover to better T-ara, there are others ways. just focus on music and make the best music, be the best dance and performance girl group. make them a perfect 7, with equal standings. adding members dont really provide a solution to becoming the best when focus is divided and the distributions gets so unbalanced. it's better to have a whole rounded 7 than a messed up 9.

oh well, and i dont think anyone would ever read this, especially the most crucial one who needs to know this.

I don't think KKS worries about the workload he place on the girls. It shows when he called them lazy and what not, when they hadn't had a vacation in 3 years. Also, he could lessen their workload if he wanted.

ANd i agree with you (the last part). If he wanted to better/improve T-ara, he should just focus them as a girl group. Put off all the drama acting, musicals, and what nots. Let them focus more on singing and dancing. I'm pretty sure they'll live up to his (retarded) expectations.

Well at least the amount of flak KKS got from the public has managed to scrap any plans of replacing any of the current 7 members. But of all people, why add more? Hwa Young has only been with the group since 2010 and she sure as hell didn't get any popularity until at least several months ago.

Most of all, the profit distribution and even lines in title tracks is going to grow even smaller. Boram and Qri, and even Ji Yeon and Eun Jung to an extent haven't had much lines with Cry Cry and Lovey Dovey. Maintaining 7 members is expensive but 9? CCM isn't as financially better off as SM, which shows little to no problem with maintaining SNSD and SuJu. Also, adding foreign members will not only create a language barrier but also in the long run, a potential case similar to Han Geng of SuJu a while back. We don't even know if any of T-ara's members are even possibly racist or simply don't bode well with foreigners.

This just goes to prove that KKS is hellbent on trying to create his own SNSD-style group and dethrone SNSD itself as Korea's top national idol girl group, as well as taking on SM Entertainment itself. The man's gone delusional. It's like saying Justin Bieber will beat Hitler in terms of being a well known historical figure.

She probably got popular because of her participations to recent hits :) and her rap in their collaboration with Davichi was awwwesome!

I can already imagine it now.. Qri, Boram, probably Jiyeon and maybe Eunjung (because she's a rapper, unless one of the other girls is also a rapper...) would become the chorus background singers and background dancers.. =_=

If CCM had the money to add 2 members, why can't he just start off a new 2 member group along with that new 7 member group or something? If they're (the 2 members they want to add) that good, then i don't see any problem with them making money for CCM in the music industry as a duo or in another girl group. There is no need to add them to T-ara imo.

This whole thing is a whole bunch of bologna, mixed in with a couple of rotten eggs.

I guess we should just wait until the official announcement before raging. -.-" but I can't see anything good with member change/addition. KKS, what are you thinking?

I agree, the article only says there's a likelihood that more members will be added, so people shouldn't be jumping the gun and saying they'll quit liking T-ara -.- And this whole thing is obviously backfiring as you can tell from the responses...it makes me worry about T-ara's popularity to randomly have a member change at what is probably the highest point of their career.

KKS seems to be suffering from insanity...this is incredibly unnecessary - and there CAN be bad publicity. This is NOT helping anyone.

adding new member is better than remove one or two member.

Call me cynical, but I believe that in practice they have just removed one or two of the girls from T-Ara while keeping the PR fallout to a minimum.

T-Ara fans have been crying and bitchin' for quite some time about how Qri, Boram, and Hwayoung are barely getting any love, lines, and attention compared to the others. And in one of the previous announcements you-know-who said they were basicaly going to make them compete to get any lines and spotlight, as only those they decided were living up to CCM's expectations were going to be given any.

Kim Kwangoo commented, "I've had 30 years of experience and have done much with singers starting as rookies. After three years as activities as a singer, pride and laziness is effected. Stress becomes a bigger deal and it gets harder. You can't win the competition with this type of mindset. This is what has ruined a lot of singers. If there's no effort or there is no singing skills, the members will not be given parts (measures) to sing."

Most of T-Ara's popularity seems to be focused on the big three plus Soyeon, and most of CCM's effort has been focused on developing and publicizing them. There is little danger, I believe, in them taking away from those four girls' spotlight time as CCM wants to sell and those girls do exactly that, sell. A lot.

By which I mean instead of having three girls sharing the remaining attention, opportunities, and care they will have five, and the powers-that-be have already stated, as shown above, only the ones they like will be getting any, so right now they will be fighting over the remaining attention, opportunities, and care instead of just sharing it.

It's pretty sad. Right now I'm just hoping a bridge falls on their CEO so someone competent who sees the girls as people instead of products can take over.